• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Jenn, you might try moving the slide back a little. I have had a gun or two which would get more cooperative if you did something to relieve internal pressure while trying to manipulate parts.

I even tried this, but I may try it again. when I turn it 90 degrees the part that holds the spring also turns. hmm.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Well, I could show you. but I don't think they'd appreciate guns coming out during the show.

If you're shooting tomorrow, someone might show you there.

Let me get my m&p out and refresh my memory

Thanks! I really appreciate it. What about if it's unloaded? I've never loaded it or nuffin. :D

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I tried again, still won't come out. It did leave marks on my finger from trying though :laugh:
    Maybe I could carry it in my backpack, take it to the S&W booth, and I could ask them to look at it?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't know how to help.
    Don't forget, at the show, all vendor guns are neutered. I think carried weapons need to stay in the holster.
    What about taking it to a gun store in the morning and asking them?

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I don't know how to help.
    Don't forget, at the show, all vendor guns are neutered. I think carried weapons need to stay in the holster.
    What about taking it to a gun store in the morning and asking them?

I might be able to after the convention. I'm still thinking about going to Beech Grove after the convention... maybe they can help?
    btw, I have a boresnake cleaner, Hoppe #9, gun oil, and a microfiber cloth. *I have another cleaning kit coming today or Monday.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Basically, with a new gun, you just want to make sure everything functions, there's no barrel obstructions, that it's lubed, etc

I'd check it out, but like I said, don't want to freak people out.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Basically, with a new gun, you just want to make sure everything functions, there's no barrel obstructions, that it's lubed, etc

I'd check it out, but like I said, don't want to freak people out.

I wouldn't want to freak out a whole room/area of people with guns either :):
    If I go to BG you're welcome to go too.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I lost my mom just over 2 years ago. She, as an absolute surprise, dropped of a heart attack right in front of me and then lingered for about a week in a coma. On the Sunday she spent in the hospital comatose, several friends and I basically held church in her hospital room. Prior to this, when running brain scans, they would bring the machine in, hook it up, do their work, pack up the machine, and take it with them. Sunday, for some reason, they set it up first thing in the morning and left it running until Monday night. As I stood in front of the monitor looking at the small jagged lines, I noticed that whenever anyone was singing, praying, or reading scripture, her brain function started registering normal activity, but only at those times. No other discussion or other external stimulus had any effect whatsoever.

I am sorry for your loss.

That is something else.

I walked in the lunch room on Valentines Day and Mom was singing "Won't You Be My Sweetheart". I stood back for a while and went in when she finished. As soon as she saw me, she sang it again, and several other songs. She did not miss a word. Truly wonderful, but sad at the same time. I need to go see her this weekend, it has been too long.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

I am sorry for your loss.

That is something else.

I walked in the lunch room on Valentines Day and Mom was singing "Won't You Be My Sweetheart". I stood back for a while and went in when she finished. As soon as she saw me, she sang it again, and several other songs. She did not miss a word. Truly wonderful, but sad at the same time. I need to go see her this weekend, it has been too long.

I stopped by the nursing home this morning before work. My mom was in the assisted eating dining room waiting for lunch to be served. There was probably a half dozen other patients in the room with her. The room was quiet and the aid wasn't in the room when I walked in. It was as if the residents were trying to nap because they had nothing better to do.

It was kind of depressing. Of course once I started talking to mom she perked up a little. No one else did though. Sadly she was the most animated person in the room.

Mom definitely seemed more animated a couple days ago when she was in the hallway watching the resident birds near the nurses station. She needs stimulation to stay connected. Without stimulation she seems to go off in her own little world. When she is in that state it is more obvious her life is winding down.

I'm glad she doesn't seem to be suffering and I guess the fact she doesn't really remember us kids or the grandkids helps protect her from the sad reality that my sister, her daughter and myself are the only ones who ever come to visit. When it's all over with I will know that I did all that I could do, I will have no regrets. I hope my other sisters will have that same peace of mind.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I stopped by the nursing home this morning before work. My mom was in the assisted eating dining room waiting for lunch to be served. There was probably a half dozen other patients in the room with her. The room was quiet and the aid wasn't in the room when I walked in. It was as if the residents were trying to nap because they had nothing better to do.

It was kind of depressing. Of course once I started talking to mom she perked up a little. No one else did though. Sadly she was the most animated person in the room.

Mom definitely seemed more animated a couple days ago when she was in the hallway watching the resident birds near the nurses station. She needs stimulation to stay connected. Without stimulation she seems to go off in her own little world. When she is in that state it is more obvious her life is winding down.

I'm glad she doesn't seem to be suffering and I guess the fact she doesn't really remember us kids or the grandkids helps protect her from the sad reality that my sister, her daughter and myself are the only ones who ever come to visit. When it's all over with I will know that I did all that I could do, I will have no regrets. I hope my other sisters will have that same peace of mind.

My Mom seems the same way. Very disconnected sometimes. She always lights up when she sees me, although I sometimes think it takes her just a minute. I try to pop in at different times just to see how she acts at different times. Sometimes I watch her for a minute before I let her see me. Very hard when she just sits and stares. She usually comes right around when she realizes I am there though.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thanks Gungirl65 Get a good nights sleep. I should be working in the shop on a few projects but I am wore out. Relax Redneck. do what I do, I browse the wts adds. That always wakes me up!

Top Bottom