• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    And just wondering Que, how did I "outed my friend"? Just wondering.

Well, you put the entire conversation on the internet, including the fact that your friend works there. It kind of places him in the middle of a business transaction gone wrong between his friend and his employer. You could have easily left him out of it, since you put in on here, especially since the owner just may be a member here, as well.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Actually...........

I agree with Que that you outed a friend and would add that you shouldn't have publicly blasted the store manager at least until you got a chance to talk to the guy you made the deal with.

Does it ever occur to anybody the crap you post on the 'net is there forever?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I recently went to the Indy 1500 show to see about trading in my gun. I bought my gun from Bob's in Plainfield, ( A FN FNX 40 ). So to make this a lil shorter. I went to Bob's booth to see what he would take along with my gun to trade for a Walther PPQ. He told me $80 plus mine would get me the PPQ. I thought what a great deal, so I told him I would be right back, wanted to look around. So I went to the Indy Trading Post booth to see if they even had a PPQ. They did, so I asked if they would trade. They told me I had to go and talk to Brian, the owner. So I did, I told him that I would like to trade my FNX .40 for the PPQ, what would it take for me to do that. I also told him I went to Bob's and what he told me. He looked at my gun, looked at his iPad, then went and looked at the PPQ. Then he told me he would do it for $60. I said awesome, deal, went got my $ out of the ATM, went back to him and asked him if that is a .40 or 9mm. It was a .40, I told him I was kinda looking.g for a 9mm. He told me he would have to wait till he got back to the shop to see if he could get the PPQ in 9mm. I said that's fine, if u do, do we still have the same deal, he said yes, for sure. So Tuesday I called my buddy that works up there to have his see if Brian found one and to see if deal is still good, he said yes, just come up here when u can and have them order you a 9mm. So I went up to the Indy Trading Post Saturday morning to do the deal. Walked in and told Matt, the manager, what I was there for. He first started off by telling me the system was messing up that he couldn't look it up. Then he took my gun in the back after asking me again what I was there to do. He came back up after about 5 mins and told me there was none in stock so I would have to wait a month or so. And I said well can't u just put in an order for one, he said he couldn't cause.there was none to order. So I said ok, walked outside for a min thought about it, cause they had a .40 in stock. So I talked to another employee outside about the 9mm, and .40, and decided to go in and take the .40. Well that's when the b.s. started. First Matt told me he wasn't doing the deal that Brian and I made. Then started being a smart ass to me in the store in front of other customers that he was dealing with. Basically calling Brian, me and my buddy that works there a liar. Telling me that there was some mistake, that that deal isn't going to happen, and telling me I should just go back to Bob's in Plainfield and take his deal. This whole time refusing to go to the back to get Brian so I could talk to him and see what was going on. If that's not bull-**** I don't know what is. I told him I made the deal with the Owner of the store, not u. So he told me I could go cause Brian was leaving and wasn't coming to talk to me. So I left, went home, called my buddy that works up there and told him the whole story. He told me it was all bull and he would try n get ahold of Brian for me and see what's going on and tell him what happen. See if he knew anything like this was going on in his store in-front of other customers. What do y'all think.

First, I have to agree with others that say you should wait until you get this resolved with Brian before coming on a public forum and talking trash about his employee! Do you think he will want to make a deal with you after dogging his employee and making him look bad on INGO? How did Matt "basically" call you a liar?
    You said that you made a deal with Brian at the show. You should have finished the deal there. Instead you decided to see if a 9mm could be ordered. We can not order a gun that is not in stock. Period. You then change your mind and want to change the deal again. I don't know any more details than what you're telling us, but my guess is Matt got tired of you changing your mind and changing the deal. If he acted like a jerk, then he is in the wrong. But I could understand his frustration if he thought you were trying to pull one over on him.
    Either way, bringing your problem on INGO before resolving it with the owner of the store is in very poor taste, and I wouldn't blame Brian for not doing the deal now! Perhaps Matt needs to show more respect also, but if you had the same attitude in the store that it seems you have here, then I don't blame him at all!
    Again, just going by the information you have provided. Hope everything works out amicably! And if it does, I hope you come back on here and explain.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well, you put the entire conversation on the internet, including the fact that your friend works there. It kind of places him in the middle of a business transaction gone wrong between his friend and his employer. You could have easily left him out of it, since you put in on here, especially since the owner IS a member here, as well.

FIFY!

bbr1121

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    murca
    Seriously?

Is this why you signed up for ingo? I would NEVER refuse to do a deal that a customer made with Brian without confirming with BRIAN first. Did you ever wonder who I was talking to when I went to the back of the shop after you presented me with the "deal" you supposedly made with Brian?? Brian NEVER made that deal with you. And from what I understand, you went back and forth between ITP and Plainfield at the gun show 4 different times in a lousy attempt to save 10 bucks. Also, from what I understand, by the time it was all said and done, you had Brian and the guys at Plainfield pretty much fed up with you.

We had 599.99 on our ppq. And you claim that Brian said he'd take your FNX and 60 bucks for a 600 dollar ppq??? That would mean, that he would be giving you $540 for your USED FN!! You do realize that's about what they cost new right? Let alone what dealer cost is on the FNX. I'm not calling you a liar but god d*** are you a bad listener. Get real.
    -matt

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Wow you guys are mean. Remember, Fenway asked us to play nice with the new kids. He's new give him a break and a little empathy. He got screwed on a gun deal. Who among us wouldn't be po'ed if this happened to us?

Personally the employee at ITP sounds like a know it all a*s if this went down like the OP is claiming. I'd be spitting mad too if I was told to drive to a store, in a crappy part of town, to pick up a gun and it then to be treated poorly by an arrogant employee and not even get the gun I was promised. I see plenty of fault to go around. Not just the OP's.

If this did indeed happen as the OP claims, I think ITP should sweeten the deal for being screw ups and having such poor customer service. A deal is a deal even if it doesn't seem like much of a deal once gas is figured into the equation.

As far as airing this on a public forum, why not? Because he's new, he's not allowed to complain about poor service? If this happened as he claimed, this is the perfect place to air it. Others should be aware that deals they make with the owner may not be honored by the employees. This is a serious breech of quality service the owner needs to address.

If a business doesn't want bad publicity they shouldn't do bad things. The owner should have communicated with his employees that the OP was coming in for a particular deal. He didn't, the OP was treated poorly giving him the right to complain. So let him.

Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Now that I think about it, maybe I should of waited until I talk to Brian. And just to state a fact, I was not rude to anyone, and I did not have an attitude on here or in the store while talking to the manager. Until the manager started pulling bull**** excuses and would not go and get the owner, then I started to get a little pissed and frustrated. All n all, hope everything gets worked out. And Bob's is a great place to go. And so is ITP, maybe it was just me, I Dono.

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    I deal with Matt all the time and I've never seen him act out of line with anyone. Brian and Matt have always given me good deals no matter how busy they are. You should do the deal when it's agreed upon, not wait a week or so.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Is this why you signed up for ingo? I would NEVER refuse to do a deal that a customer made with Brian without confirming with BRIAN first. Did you ever wonder who I was talking to when I went to the back of the shop after you presented me with the "deal" you supposedly made with Brian?? Brian NEVER made that deal with you. And from what I understand, you went back and forth between ITP and Plainfield at the gun show 4 different times in a lousy attempt to save 10 bucks. Also, from what I understand, by the time it was all said and done, you had Brian and the guys at Plainfield pretty much fed up with you.

We had 599.99 on our ppq. And you claim that Brian said he'd take your FNX and 60 bucks for a 600 dollar ppq??? That would mean, that he would be giving you $540 for your USED FN!! You do realize that's about what they cost new right? Let alone what dealer cost is on the FNX. I'm not calling you a liar but god d*** are you a bad listener. Get real.
    -matt

Brian should have came out and told him no deal if he was there. That way there wouldn't have been any room for all this crap. Might be something to consider if this happens again with another customer.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    I have dealt with Matt and known him for a while. He is the man. Not an *******. Maybe you didnt have the best experience but he is a stand up guy who I like. Maybe a misunderstanding but man. Settle something like this in person.

bbr1121

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    murca
    Here's the bottom line, a customer comes in the store claiming to have made a deal with my boss at the gun show. The deal seemed a little far fetched, so naturally, I had to verify with my boss. Upon learning that my boss made NO SUCH deal, I very politely told that customer that we weren't going to be able to do it, sorry for the confusion. However, OP would not take NO for an answer, DEMANDING that we do the deal. Cool heads can only stay cool for so long but at no point did mine surpass luke warm. Sorry about the misunderstanding OP.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Wow you guys are mean. Remember, Fenway asked us to play nice with the new kids. He's new give him a break and a little empathy. He got screwed on a gun deal. Who among us wouldn't be po'ed if this happened to us?

Personally the employee at ITP sounds like a know it all a*s if this went down like the OP is claiming. I'd be spitting mad too if I was told to drive to a store, in a crappy part of town, to pick up a gun and it then to be treated poorly by an arrogant employee and not even get the gun I was promised. I see plenty of fault to go around. Not just the OP's.

If this did indeed happen as the OP claims, I think ITP should sweeten the deal for being screw ups and having such poor customer service. A deal is a deal even if it doesn't seem like much of a deal once gas is figured into the equation.

As far as airing this on a public forum, why not? Because he's new, he's not allowed to complain about poor service? If this happened as he claimed, this is the perfect place to air it. Others should be aware that deals they make with the owner may not be honored by the employees. This is a serious breech of quality service the owner needs to address.

If a business doesn't want bad publicity they shouldn't do bad things. The owner should have communicated with his employees that the OP was coming in for a particular deal. He didn't, the OP was treated poorly giving him the right to complain. So let him.

Wow, assume much?

How can you say "he got screwed on a gun deal"? All you have is the o.p.'s side of the story! I can assure you there is more to it!

The southside is "a crappy part of town"? You know the o.p. said he lives close by.

The o.p. didn't say he went there to "pick up a gun"!He said he went to SEE IF the gun he wanted COULD be ordered! It COULD NOT! The DEAL was over at that time! (if you believe he o.p.)

The o.p. WAS NOT PROMISED ANYTHING! He said he was told to come into the shop to SEE if it could be ordered, and if so the deal could happen!

It's irritating to see people make up things that are not in the original post!

You are right that IF someone gets "screwed" by a store, they absolutely have the right to complain, even on a public forum! But don't you think you should try to work out your difference with the owner before doing so?:dunno:

If what the o.p. said is true, then you are right In saying that the owner should "sweeten the pot". I can assure you that IF anyone representing ITP did anything wrong, BRIAN would definitely take care of the problem AND the customer! I've seen him go to extremes to make customers happy, even when the customer is the one in the wrong!

How about waiting to hear both (or more) sides before passing judgement!:)

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Jerry-Springer.jpg

JERRY JERRY JERRY!!! :popcorn:

bbr1121

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    murca
    One more thing, Brian was in a meeting while all of this was going on during which I interrupted him twice. Otherwise, he would have happily set the record straight for you. Again sorry about the confusion OP.

Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Matt... For one if that is u, on here you are still calling me a liar. And again, I made the deal with Brian, not you, so you wasn't there to know what kinda deal Brian and i made. As I told u the other day, the PPQ was only marked at $530.99, that's less then my gun new. But with the deal "we" made, he was offering me $470 for mine, plus the $60 means ? Do the math. I wouldn't lie about a few dollars, its the fact that if he didn't wanna do the deal he made with me. Then if he would of came out and talked to me and told me that. It would of been fine, done and over. And for the record, I never went back and forth between ITP and Bob's like that, once Brian said $60, I went to the ATM and got the cash out. I'm not that kinda person.

Top Bottom