• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I recently went to the Indy 1500 show to see about trading in my gun. I bought my gun from Bob's in Plainfield, ( A FN FNX 40 ). So to make this a lil shorter. I went to Bob's booth to see what he would take along with my gun to trade for a Walther PPQ. He told me $80 plus mine would get me the PPQ. I thought what a great deal, so I told him I would be right back, wanted to look around. So I went to the Indy Trading Post booth to see if they even had a PPQ. They did, so I asked if they would trade. They told me I had to go and talk to Brian, the owner. So I did, I told him that I would like to trade my FNX .40 for the PPQ, what would it take for me to do that. I also told him I went to Bob's and what he told me. He looked at my gun, looked at his iPad, then went and looked at the PPQ. Then he told me he would do it for $60. I said awesome, deal, went got my $ out of the ATM, went back to him and asked him if that is a .40 or 9mm. It was a .40, I told him I was kinda looking.g for a 9mm. He told me he would have to wait till he got back to the shop to see if he could get the PPQ in 9mm. I said that's fine, if u do, do we still have the same deal, he said yes, for sure. So Tuesday I called my buddy that works up there to have his see if Brian found one and to see if deal is still good, he said yes, just come up here when u can and have them order you a 9mm. So I went up to the Indy Trading Post Saturday morning to do the deal. Walked in and told Matt, the manager, what I was there for. He first started off by telling me the system was messing up that he couldn't look it up. Then he took my gun in the back after asking me again what I was there to do. He came back up after about 5 mins and told me there was none in stock so I would have to wait a month or so. And I said well can't u just put in an order for one, he said he couldn't cause.there was none to order. So I said ok, walked outside for a min thought about it, cause they had a .40 in stock. So I talked to another employee outside about the 9mm, and .40, and decided to go in and take the .40. Well that's when the b.s. started. First Matt told me he wasn't doing the deal that Brian and I made. Then started being a smart ass to me in the store in front of other customers that he was dealing with. Basically calling Brian, me and my buddy that works there a liar. Telling me that there was some mistake, that that deal isn't going to happen, and telling me I should just go back to Bob's in Plainfield and take his deal. This whole time refusing to go to the back to get Brian so I could talk to him and see what was going on. If that's not bull-**** I don't know what is. I told him I made the deal with the Owner of the store, not u. So he told me I could go cause Brian was leaving and wasn't coming to talk to me. So I left, went home, called my buddy that works up there and told him the whole story. He told me it was all bull and he would try n get ahold of Brian for me and see what's going on and tell him what happen. See if he knew anything like this was going on in his store in-front of other customers. What do y'all think.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    All that for $20? I'd say FU and go to Plainfield? I have learned on thing though, don't ever count on a deal not finished. A bird in the hand so to speak. Good luck whatever you do.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    If the owner made a deal that he would honor and one of his employees stepped in the way and refused to cooperate then politely get that employee's name and at a later time track the owner down to inform him of what transpired. I've heard a lot of positives about ITP and I'm sure the owner would like to keep it that way so if there is an issue he would need to know about it.

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    If Bob had the gun I wanted, I wouldn't have left it at the show over $20. Especially on the possibility that somebody else MIGHT be able to order me one. And if I told Bob I would "be right back", I would have gone back and at least told him I wouldn't be trading with him. That's what I think.

flyboy84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Thats not good business on their part, but i have seen things like that in other stores before. I typically don't go back.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ITP isn't worth the hassle. $20 more somewhere else is a cheap lesson. Remember that when you're ready to make additional purchases.

Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I did go back and let Bob know. And I didn't go back to Bob's at the time cause I was wanting the PPQ in a 9mm, and no one had it in 9mm. So that's the whole reason of me going back to ITP. And ITP is a great place to go, I live close to there and that's where I go to shoot. Trying to get ahold of Brian the owner, to let him know. Hope this all gets resolved.

Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry for my first post on here being that big and long. I guess I should of said hi first. Lol

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    First post?
    Didn't buy from 'friend' in first place?
    One extra trip to a gun shop and willing to do a second for TWENTY DOLLARS?
    Writing style indicates probably not a Rhodes Scholar?

I will admit mama didn't raise a genius BUT this just don't look right.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Don't know that I'm buying this story. You were already at the gun show and had the opportunity to walk away with the gun you wanted (from a dealer you were already happy with) for an extra $20... instead you made an additional trip to another location to see if they could order a gun that you would once again have to make another trip come back for... You probably would have spent more than the $20 in gas and wasted who knows how much in time.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Trying to get ahold of Brian the owner, to let him know. Hope this all gets resolved.

Airing the "dirty laundry" of a business before talking with the business owner again, would be a poor choice, in my opinion.

When word of this post reaches back to the business owner, and it will get back to him, you'll not have garnered much gratitude from anyone involved. I doubt your "buddy that works there" is going to be over-joyed with it himself.

To 1 old 0311,
    Rhodes Scholar :laugh: Good one! I'm betting there's no Mensa interest either.

To Que,
    "I think you just outed your friend in a major way."

Truer words have never been spoken.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Sounds like you wasted $40 in gas.. depending on what you drive, maybe even more. I'd have dealt with Bob to begin with. He can order whatever, not to mention Bob's employees won't get lippy with you about anything. They are all good people including Bob himself. Last time I was in ITP a few weeks ago the service was horrible.. their attention span is nil. I couldn't believe some of the prices I was reading and almost everything in the place was complete crap. Sounds like Brian needs to fire some people, I know I would after hearing my employee gave a customer flak and calling him a liar. That is so uncalled for. And I think your friend after reading this, might not be a friend anymore.. you should have stayed hush hush about this until you talked to Brian. He's a good guy I know this, but damn this thread was uncalled for also.

Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    This thread wasn't to down ITP, it was the whole thing about the manager, and him being disrespectful and not doing the right thing. I will still go there, just wish things would have went the right way the first time. Hope things will work out when I get ahold of Brian.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Airing the "dirty laundry" of a business before talking with the business owner again, would be a poor choice, in my opinion.

When word of this post reaches back to the business owner, and it will get back to him, you'll not have garnered much gratitude from anyone involved. I doubt your "buddy that works there" is going to be over-joyed with it himself.

^^THIS^^

IMO, not very classy to bring this to a public forum without having discussed it with the owner first. How would you feel if your wife pulled the same trick on you? :dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've traded with Bob at PSS on a couple of occasions and he has been fair. (I've purchased from him on many more occasions over the years). I always went in with a figure in mind that I wanted in order for the trade to go forward each time and without me providing a figure, he came in either at or above my figure and it was a done deal.

I would not have left his table or store if he had what I wanted and offered what or better than I already had in mind as a fair deal.

At this point, solely based on what info the OP provided, I would go back in and see Bob and see if he would do the original deal. I would not get into anything about ITP, etc and just see if he is willing to trade.

If it all happened as stated I'd never walk into ITP again, range or not. There are other places to shoot and do business, if in fact it all went down that way. I would not do any further business with a shop that treated me in such a way.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom