Indy Kroger Employee Shoots Would-be Robber in the Face!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I've walked into several Krogers OCing. I look at the security guards as I walk by, disheartened that they're a warm body attempting to show some semblance of "security" or "safety."

The most they have on them is probably their keys and a cell phone.

And then I see a story like this that someone had the cojones to stand up and do the right thing.

Those security guards like to give me the stinkeye as I walk around. I give them the stinkeye right back.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If they fire this guy I'll open carry at every Kroger I go in to. I have to I can't really boycott them becaue they are the only ones that carry the Irish cream coffee creamer I love so dearly. But that'll be the only thing I'll buy, and I'll particaipate in any protest that is organized. Hey any body heard If Don Davis is going to give this guy a $10,000 reward?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If they fire this guy I'll open carry at every Kroger I go in to. I have to I can't really boycott them becaue they are the only ones that carry the Irish cream coffee creamer I love so dearly. But that'll be the only thing I'll buy, ...

I guess we all have our limits to what we'll give up to stand for what is right ;)

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    One robbery in Indy that was stopped, only a few hundred others that do not make the news. At least the employee was able to stop them. Why not a little lower though?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If they fire this guy I'll open carry at every Kroger I go in to. I have to I can't really boycott them becaue they are the only ones that carry the Irish cream coffee creamer I love so dearly.

:rolleyes:Amazon.com: irish cream coffee creamer

ThrottleJockey is right. Like it or not, they have to fire him. He violated company policy. If they don't fire him, no employee will be obligated to follow company policy.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    :rolleyes:Amazon.com: irish cream coffee creamer

ThrottleJockey is right. Like it or not, they have to fire him. He violated company policy. If they don't fire him, no employee will be obligated to follow company policy.

Since when is a violation of company policy grounds for immediate termination? Lots of company policys get broken with a simple "write up" and the job is retained.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Since when is a violation of company policy grounds for immediate termination? Lots of company policys get broken with a simple "write up" and the job is retained.
    Depends upon the policy. I suspect only those above "store manager" rank would have complete knowledge of which polivies are writeups and which call for immediate termination. Not every violation is just a writeup or supervisors would be getting their azzes beaten on a weekly basis with nearly no recourse or any number of violations. Can you steal goods from your place of employment with just a writeup? If so, at what dollar amount does that policy change?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

They can't. I doubt any company will insure them if they allow employees to take this kind of action.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I have a friend who worked as security for a large corporation, their policy was if you witnessed a firearm or were confronted by someone with a firearm, do not engage that person, but phone for the police. My friend witnessed a person walking through the entrance with a shotgun, he stepped in front of the person, reached out and grabbed the shotgun away from the person. My friend was fired for violating company policy, a short time later, he was rehired, and later transferred out of state, where he became a member of management, and just a couple of years ago, he retired from the company where he was once a security guard.

This story has nothing to do with this thread, except for the fact that it does show that sometimes corporations do the right thing. I sincerely hope that Kroger does the “right thing”. As for the Kroger employee, he did what he thought was right, and can’t look back. As for us (members of INGO), I hope we are never confronted with a similar situation, but if we are, I hope we also do what we feel is the right thing. The consequences can sometimes be life altering, but doing nothing could be detrimental to life.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Actually, Kroger is one of the only union grocery stores left in the world..so the minimum wage thing probably doesn't apply in this situation.
    Umm, Marsh, Cub, Rainbow, Festival, Supervalue, Meijer, eventually Walmart.....just to name a few and they start at minimum wage. My BIL is kroger management, it was his first job as a cart/bagboy and 12+ years later he's at just over $14hr.

Top Bottom