• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The answers to that question are as numerous as there are people who act out in that way. Every one has his/her own set of circumstances and his/her own reasons.

Of course I agree with you completely. I just can't imagine having to deal with :poop:bags all day.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Of course I agree with you completely. I just can't imagine having to deal with :poop:bags all day.

Maybe we need a new law. Maybe anybody who wants to be a cop should be required to spend at least six months in either telemarketing or retail customer service first. That way they can learn how to deal with people who hate them and want to take all of their life's frustrations out on them long before they put on a badge and firearm.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Maybe we need a new law. Maybe anybody who wants to be a cop should be required to spend at least six months in either telemarketing or retail customer service first. That way they can learn how to deal with people who hate them and want to take all of their life's frustrations out on them long before they put on a badge and firearm.
    I've thought of something in a similar context for quite some time. There should certainly be some provided training in ethics, PR/behavior, etc.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Am I understanding the situation correctly? The officer accused of excessive force was only on the scene for 16 seconds before throwing the man to the ground, and ordering the other employee to stop recording the incident, or he would be tazed?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I wasn't specifically talking about him. Just in general. I can imagine it might be difficult to resist sometimes.

I just read this book. It is GREAT and explains why some officers who were once fantastic officers end up going down a dark path. I am not saying that is what happened here, I know T Mike but I have no insight into this matter and I do not want to get involved in an active internal affairs investigation...no thanks.

Amazon.com: Emotional survival for law enforcement: A guide for officers and their families (9780971725409): Kevin M Gilmartin: Books

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    It is easy to play the tough guy and put your hands on people when they know that resistance will get them a lot of time in a cage. That video probably will be the end of the career of that officer (and should be),but I would really be interested to know what was said,to warrant such behavior in the mind of any sane individual.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Channel 8 has been looking for a story like this for a while now since one of their reporters got locked up a couple months ago citing the "right to resist" law and subsequently losing the lawsuit...odd that it never made the news.

Anywho,

Questions I have:

why would you and your friend plead guilty when you have done nothing wrong, haven't been drinking, and there are several video cameras including your own personal one essentially "proving" your case.

Why don't we get to see the blue shirt guy go into handcuffs? Surely that's on the tape somewhere. Wasn't he charged with the same offenses?

Why don't we have the several 911 calls from the hotel, the patrons, and his? How long does MECCA keep the 911 tapes?

Why did channel 8 sit on this for months when they had the story immediately since they know the guy?

Why can we only see video from the lobby when the disturbance started much earlier upstairs when they told him he was no longer allowed on their property?

If he wasn't drunk, and wasn't creating a scene, why would the hotel refund his money, give his room to someone else, then trespass him from their property?

Not trying to defend anyone just try to provide some context.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Ahh vitamink that is "The rest of the story" See all I could do was guess, make up and play devil's advocate but the rest of the story might give some very useful insight into this strange incident.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    It certainly isn't the whole story but just some questions i have for channel 8. I have some questions for Officer Wilson as well.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Almost 70 posts of cops are bad.

Most of INGO wouldn't believe anything they saw on a news report because they know its all agenda driven. But they will take this guys story hook, line and sinker. They show 16 seconds of video and everyone can tell this cop is a mad man who should be flipping burgers instead of being in law enforcement. Wow!

Rep for Vitamink!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I wasn't specifically talking about him. Just in general. I can imagine it might be difficult to resist sometimes.

Dealing with a belligerent ticked off person can be quite irritating. In this situation here I obviously wasn't there but it looks like the guy was pretty ticked off and making a scene. I would have told him one time to knock it off. Had he not done so he would have been arrested for disorderly plain and simple. I will not attempt to talk over and around some obnoxious person that is making mountains out of mole hills. People like that can't be reasoned with. I do not know why the guy was knocked down instead of just being cuffed up. I guess it is possible that the officer figured the guy was going to resist but who knows.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Almost 70 posts of cops are bad.

Most of INGO wouldn't believe anything they saw on a news report because they know its all agenda driven. But they will take this guys story hook, line and sinker. They show 16 seconds of video and everyone can tell this cop is a mad man who should be flipping burgers instead of being in law enforcement. Wow!

Rep for Vitamink!

So which should we believe, the report the officer wrote, or the video that directly contradicts it?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It certainly isn't the whole story but just some questions i have for channel 8. I have some questions for Officer Wilson as well.
    Oh i will never put the media in the "sweet & innocent" or "just the facts" categories. Im sure they used this gem at their convenience and for their own agenda and not for the sake of justice or protecting the public from what looks like a angry cop. Will the public ever get these answers from the media? Of coarse not because then they also would be forced to show their true colors.

I like you also wanna hear answers from the officer and we must have them! The city owes us an explanation. I still support my impd department and dont judge the officers because of some (very few) bad apples, but depending on how this case is handled it will affect my opinion of impd brass. As far as my opinion (before all the facts) just based on the video and the officers own LEGAL statement, i am left at a loss. I mean, what is there left to find out regarding whats in the video? If the officer now changes his story he is still going to be proven a liar, and the video doesnt back up anything (leading up to physical contact) in his statement.
    So now how far back does internal afairs have to go back on this cop to see if other arrest he made were legit? Are REAL criminals going to walk free now because he blew it this time?
    i dont believe for a second that the guy (guys) who were arrested were innocent, but did this guy deserve to be physically assaulted? I dont think so. If im proven wrong later then ill gladly eat crow.

Top Bottom