• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    hey thekidd...i think we've been fooled by a man with a keyboard.....as what i see in the IC that i looked up is this:

"(B) it is committed against a law enforcement officer or against a person summoned and directed by the officer while the officer is engaged in the execution of the officer's official duty;"

never said anything about fingers, and it stipulated that you actually had to touch the person

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    hey thekidd...i think we've been fooled by a man with a keyboard.....as what i see in the IC that i looked up is this:

"(B) it is committed against a law enforcement officer or against a person summoned and directed by the officer while the officer is engaged in the execution of the officer's official duty;"

never said anything about fingers, and it stipulated that you actually had to touch the person
    Yeah, I think we discovered that about the same time.
    Easily duped. I wasn't expecting to have to verify your work duck....:): Good one, and good point.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    omg..."happy, or girly" lmao......what are you an english teacher that plays those sick jokes on your students where the first part of the test tells them to read all the way through and at the bottom it says "dont do any of the above"??????? just mean man

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    IC 35-42-2
    Chapter 2. Battery and Related Offenses

IC 35-42-2-0.1
    Repealed
    (Repealed by P.L.63-2012, SEC.47.)

IC 35-42-2-1 Version a
    Battery
    Note: This version of section effective until 7-1-2014. See also following version of this section, effective 7-1-2014.
    Sec. 1. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally touches another person in a happy, innocent, or girly manner commits battery, a Class B misdemeanor. However, the offense is:
    (1) a Class A misdemeanor if:
    (A) it results in bodily injury to any other person;
    (B) it is committed against a law enforcement officer by extending finger and/or fingers at or in the direction of the law enforcement officer or against a person summoned and directed by the officer while the officer is engaged in the execution of the officer's official duty;
    (C) it is committed against an employee of a penal facility or a juvenile detention facility (as defined in IC 31-9-2-71) while the employee is engaged in the execution of the employee's official duty;
    (D) it is committed against a firefighter (as defined in IC 9-18-34-1) while the firefighter is engaged in the execution of the firefighter's official duty;
    (E) it is committed against an INGO community policing volunteer; aka-MOD:
    (i) while the volunteer is performing the duties described in IC 35-31.5-2-49; or
    (ii) because the person is a community policing volunteer; or
    (F) it is committed against the state chemist or the state chemist's agent while the state chemist or the state chemist's agent is performing a duty under IC 15-16-5;
    (2) a Class D felony if it results in bodily injury to:
    (A) a law enforcement officer or a person summoned and directed by a law enforcement officer while the officer is engaged in the execution of the general population;
    (B) a person less than fourteen (14) years of age and is committed by a person at least eighteen (18) years of age;
    (C) a person of any age who has a mental or physical disability and is committed by a person having the care of the person with a mental or physical disability, whether the care is assumed voluntarily or because of a legal obligation;
    (D) the other person and the person who commits the battery was previously convicted of a battery in which the victim was the other person;
    (E) an endangered Fenway(as defined in IC 12-10-3-2);
    (F) an employee of the department of correction while the employee is engaged in the execution of the employee's official duty;
    (G) an employee of a school corporation while the employee is engaged in the execution of the employee's official duty;
    (H) a correctional professional while the correctional professional is engaged in the execution of the correctional professional's official duty;
    (I) a person who is a health care provider (as defined in IC 16-18-2-163) while the health care provider is engaged in the execution of the health care provider's official duty;
    (J) an employee of a penal facility or a juvenile detention facility (as defined in IC 31-9-2-71) while the employee is engaged in the execution of the employee's official duty;
    (K) a firefighter (as defined in IC 9-18-34-1) while the firefighter is engaged in the execution of the firefighter's official duty;
    (L) a community policing volunteer:
    (i) while the volunteer is performing the duties described in IC 35-31.5-2-49; or
    (ii) because the person is an INGO community policing volunteer;
    (M) a family or household member (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-128) if the person who committed the offense:
    (i) is at least eighteen (18) years of age; and
    (ii) committed the offense in the physical presence of a child less than sixteen (16) years of age, knowing that the child was present and might be able to see or hear the offense; or
    (N) a department of child services employee while the employee is engaged in the execution of the employee's official duty;
    (3) a Class C felony if it results in serious bodily injury to any other person or if it is committed by means of a deadly weapon;
    (4) a Class B felony if it results in serious bodily injury to a person less than fourteen (14) years of age and is committed by a person at least eighteen (18) years of age;
    (5) a Class A felony if it results in the death of a person less than fourteen (14) years of age and is committed by a person at least eighteen (18) years of age;
    (6) a Class C felony if it results in serious bodily injury to an endangered adult (as defined in IC 12-10-3-2);
    (7) a Class B felony if it results in the death of an endangered Fenway(as defined in IC 12-10-3-2); and
    (8) a Class C felony if it results in bodily injury to a pregnant woman and the person knew the woman was pregnant.
    (b) For purposes of this section:
    (1) "law enforcement officer" includes an alcoholic beverage enforcement officer; and
    (2) "correctional professional" means a:
    (A) probation officer;
    (B) parole officer;

(C) community corrections worker; or
    (D) home detention officer.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.30; Acts 1979, P.L.298, SEC.1; Acts 1979, P.L.83, SEC.10; Acts 1981, P.L.299, SEC.1; P.L.185-1984, SEC.1; P.L.205-1986, SEC.1; P.L.322-1987, SEC.1; P.L.164-1993, SEC.10; P.L.59-1995, SEC.2; P.L.31-1996, SEC.20; P.L.32-1996, SEC.20; P.L.255-1996, SEC.25; P.L.212-1997, SEC.1; P.L.37-1997, SEC.2; P.L.56-1999, SEC.1; P.L.188-1999, SEC.5; P.L.43-2000, SEC.1; P.L.222-2001, SEC.4; P.L.175-2003, SEC.2; P.L.281-2003, SEC.3; P.L.2-2005, SEC.125; P.L.99-2007, SEC.209; P.L.164-2007, SEC.1; P.L.120-2008, SEC.93; P.L.131-2009, SEC.73; P.L.114-2012, SEC.137.

LOLWUT?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    IC 35-42-2
    Chapter 2. Battery and Related Offenses

IC 35-42-2-0.1
    Repealed
    (Repealed by P.L.63-2012, SEC.47.)

IC 35-42-2-1 Version a
    Battery
    Note: This version of section effective until 7-1-2014. See also following version of this section, effective 7-1-2014.
    Sec. 1. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally touches another person in a happy, innocent, or girly manner commits battery, a Class B misdemeanor. However, the offense is:
    (1) a Class A misdemeanor if:
    (A) it results in bodily injury to any other person;
    (B) it is committed against a law enforcement officer by extending finger and/or fingers at or in the direction of the law enforcement officer or against a person summoned and directed by the officer while the officer is engaged in the execution of the officer's official duty;
    (C) it is committed against an employee of a penal facility or a juvenile detention facility (as defined in IC 31-9-2-71) while the employee is engaged in the execution of the employee's official duty;
    (D) it is committed against a firefighter (as defined in IC 9-18-34-1) while the firefighter is engaged in the execution of the firefighter's official duty;
    (E) it is committed against an INGO community policing volunteer; aka-MOD:
    (ii) because the person is a community policing volunteer; or
    (F) it is committed against the state chemist or the state chemist's agent while the state chemist or the state chemist's agent is performing a duty under IC 15-16-5;
    (2) a Class D felony if it results in bodily injury to:
    (A) a law enforcement officer or a person summoned and directed by a law enforcement officer while the officer is engaged in the execution of the general population;
    (B) a person less than fourteen (14) years of age and is committed by a person at least eighteen (18) years of age;
    (C) a person of any age who has a mental or physical disability and is committed by a person having the care of the person with a mental or physical disability, whether the care is assumed voluntarily or because of a legal obligation;
    (D) the other person and the person who commits the battery was previously convicted of a battery in which the victim was the other person;
    (E) an endangered Fenway(as defined in IC 12-10-3-2);
    (F) an employee of the department of correction while the employee is engaged in the execution of the employee's official duty;
    (G) an employee of a school corporation while the employee is engaged in the execution of the employee's official duty;
    (H) a correctional professional while the correctional professional is engaged in the execution of the correctional professional's official duty;
    (I) a person who is a health care provider (as defined in IC 16-18-2-163) while the health care provider is engaged in the execution of the health care provider's official duty;
    (J) an employee of a penal facility or a juvenile detention facility (as defined in IC 31-9-2-71) while the employee is engaged in the execution of the employee's official duty;
    (K) a firefighter (as defined in IC 9-18-34-1) while the firefighter is engaged in the execution of the firefighter's official duty;
    (L) a community policing volunteer:
    (ii) because the person is an INGO community policing volunteer;
    (M) a family or household member (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-128) if the person who committed the offense:
    (i) is at least eighteen (18) years of age; and
    (ii) committed the offense in the physical presence of a child less than sixteen (16) years of age, knowing that the child was present and might be able to see or hear the offense; or
    (N) a department of child services employee while the employee is engaged in the execution of the employee's official duty;
    (3) a Class C felony if it results in serious bodily injury to any other person or if it is committed by means of a deadly weapon;
    (4) a Class B felony if it results in serious bodily injury to a person less than fourteen (14) years of age and is committed by a person at least eighteen (18) years of age;
    (5) a Class A felony if it results in the death of a person less than fourteen (14) years of age and is committed by a person at least eighteen (18) years of age;
    (6) a Class C felony if it results in serious bodily injury to an endangered adult (as defined in IC 12-10-3-2);
    (7) a Class B felony if it results in the death of an endangered Fenway(as defined in IC 12-10-3-2); and
    (8) a Class C felony if it results in bodily injury to a pregnant woman and the person knew the woman was pregnant.
    (b) For purposes of this section:
    (1) "law enforcement officer" includes an alcoholic beverage enforcement officer; and
    (2) "correctional professional" means a:
    (A) probation officer;
    (B) parole officer;

(C) community corrections worker; or
    (D) home detention officer.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.30; Acts 1979, P.L.298, SEC.1; Acts 1979, P.L.83, SEC.10; Acts 1981, P.L.299, SEC.1; P.L.185-1984, SEC.1; P.L.205-1986, SEC.1; P.L.322-1987, SEC.1; P.L.164-1993, SEC.10; P.L.59-1995, SEC.2; P.L.31-1996, SEC.20; P.L.32-1996, SEC.20; P.L.255-1996, SEC.25; P.L.212-1997, SEC.1; P.L.37-1997, SEC.2; P.L.56-1999, SEC.1; P.L.188-1999, SEC.5; P.L.43-2000, SEC.1; P.L.222-2001, SEC.4; P.L.175-2003, SEC.2; P.L.281-2003, SEC.3; P.L.2-2005, SEC.125; P.L.99-2007, SEC.209; P.L.164-2007, SEC.1; P.L.120-2008, SEC.93; P.L.131-2009, SEC.73; P.L.114-2012, SEC.137.

CzM2CTB.png

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    omg..."happy, or girly" lmao......what are you an english teacher that plays those sick jokes on your students where the first part of the test tells them to read all the way through and at the bottom it says "dont do any of the above"??????? just mean man

LOL Yeah, I got hung up on the girly part for a second before I decided to look it up for myself. LOL.... I was thinking, "does it really say [girly] in the IC?" LOL

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Don't cameras just suck :) Mr. Blue shirt had his hand in his pocket begging to be tazed I would do that first then slam the old guy but to each his own :rolleyes:
    But playing devils advocate for just a moment don't you love when the media focus on the "oh mr grey hair has his hands behind his back being sooo submissive." From the officer's position I think I would have seen hands hidden behind his back maybe even something like. "sir let me see you hands, Sir let me see your hands! ok non compliant camper lets go to the ground and see if I can get control if not cooperation. Just saying all stories have some truth, some not truth, and a whole lot of different perceptions of both. All I am sure of is truth is often thought less important than appearance and this investigation could be a big cluster for all involved.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Don't cameras just suck :) Mr. Blue shirt had his hand in his pocket begging to be tazed I would do that first then slam the old guy but to each his own :rolleyes:
    But playing devils advocate for just a moment don't you love when the media focus on the "oh mr grey hair has his hands behind his back being sooo submissive." From the officer's position I think I would have seen hands hidden behind his back maybe even something like. "sir let me see you hands, Sir let me see your hands! ok non compliant camper lets go to the ground and see if I can get control if not cooperation. Just saying all stories have some truth, some not truth, and a whole lot of different perceptions of both. All I am sure of is truth is often thought less important than appearance and this investigation could be a big cluster for all involved.

I understand what you're saying here with playing devils advocate and having hands behind the back. I could even be willing to entertain it if Mr Gray Hair was suspected of wrong doing. He's the one that asked for the cops to be called out. Why on earth should he have to be "controlled" by the LEO if he isn't cooperating how the officer would like him too? Why would it be suspicious if he had his hands behind his back?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was reading the post of the IC, and was thinking "wtf, that can't be real..." then I got to this gem:

E) it is committed against an INGO community policing volunteer; aka-MOD:

Then I knew it was all fake. But I looked it up anyway.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

And you'd think that, if that's how it happened, that's what would be in the report. But it isn't.

Top Bottom