• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is concerning! I would like to know why it seams the truth wasnt told in the report by the officer. Also is force realy necessary in a situation like this? Time will tell i guess.

WISHTV.com

here is a better link thanks to rambone:

Youtube link:
    [video=youtube;g4s3xIK4a8I]www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4s3xIK4a8I[/video]

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I know T-Mike, so I'll stay out of this one.
    A lot of people knew david bissard too and stuck up for him only to be betrayed. And no that wasnt a jab at impd, its just the biggest example. Sometimes people do things that dont match what we know of them.
    Im not sure what to think of this yet but im trying to understand how the officers written statement can differ so much from the actual video footage? If the officer was justified then awesome! I dont want to have to give some out of state a-hole $700k of our tax money if we dint have to.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I wish these threads didn't have to exist. It makes me sick to my stomach.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    A lot of people knew david bissard too and stuck up for him only to be betrayed. And no that wasnt a jab at impd, its just the biggest example. Sometimes people do things that dont match what we know of them.
    Im not sure what to think of this yet but im trying to understand how the officers written statement can differ so much from the actual video footage? If the officer was justified then awesome! I dont want to have to give some out of state a-hole $700k of our tax money if we dint have to.

I don't think it's hard to understand at all. He used excessive force, knew it and lied on his report. That's just good old fashion CYA.

Let me get this straight, a business owner from Maryland helps to bring a convention that drew presumably several thousand people to Indianapolis, IN along with their money to spend in downtown restaurants, shops and hotels gets assaulted by a police officer and somehow, he's the "out of state a-hole"?

Im curious though, what could this man have possibly said that would result in misdemeanor charges being filed and justification for being slammed to the ground in the hotel and outside?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    is force really necessary in a situation like this?

Was force necessary ? Did you watch the video ?

The guy clearly posed an immediate threat waving his finger around like that and then folding his hands behind his back .

He needed to be taken down before he went on a tirade / rampage and used both hands to illustrate his point . Clearly he didn't get the point the first time and needed to be taken down AGAIN while hand cuffed ! Some folks just don't learn .

This is just ANOTHER " isolated incident " , never mind what the video shows , before the cop bashing starts we should wait for the officer's side of the story .

Oh wait , we already have it .

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I always try to give the benefit of a doubt in these situations. I understand how difficult dealing with some segments of the community can be and how the job can change a man's perspective. However, there is nothing in this video that I can see which would warrant such force. Really, short of giving an immediate threat to the officer, nothing verbally which validates such treatment either IMO.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah it looks like he said something to the officer before he was taken down (eventually). I was thinking it was done out of anger for not liking whatever was said. I hope not.
    it will be interesting to hear the testimony of the hotel staff.
    Either way, big fail on the part of the impd higher ups for not knowing this footage even existed and being blindsided by the media. Didnt look good.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cops lie on reports to cover their butts? I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.
    JBT tasered you? Wot fer?

So, what was happening in his hotel room? Was it ransacked? Was it even burgled? Inquiring minds want to know.

In my experience, police reports frequently diverge from objective reality with impunity. All they have to do is claim the natural vagarities of human memory, "I do not recall, your honor." and all that. They only get hoisted on that petard when there is a concrete record of events that can be used to compare and contrast their "official" story.

Last edited:

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    I'm guessing the Officer told the arrestee to lower his voice after the arrestee made some final comments to hotel security.

Thats when the arrestee said, "I don't have to." And it appears the copper flipped out. Pretty disgusting.

I wonder if the hotel gave away the room, or somehow let someone into their room by mistake?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I bet that guy kept his hands behind his back just to antagonize the officer into battering him and using some creative dramatic interpretation in the report. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....amiright?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "Force was used." You really think so, chief?

Exactly. I would say the chief wins the prize for the stupid quote of the year. He could have done a far better job of salvaging his credibility by reminding us that regardless of the video presented there is still a requirement for due process which will be carried out rather than saying something stupid in the attempt to minimize something that really can't be minimized.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Exactly. I would say the chief wins the prize for the stupid quote of the year. He could have done a far better job of salvaging his credibility by reminding us that regardless of the video presented there is still a requirement for due process which will be carried out rather than saying something stupid in the attempt to minimize something that really can't be minimized.
    i dont know how this guy was picked for the chief spot but I've wondered several times about his credentials after seeing him interviewed. I have my own opinions on why he was chosen but i dont want to get the thread sidetracked. Maybe he was formerly a community organizer.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    i dont know how this guy was picked for the chief spot but I've wondered several times about his credentials after seeing him interviewed. I have my own opinions on why he was chosen but i dont want to get the thread sidetracked. Maybe he was formerly a community organizer.

I would consider it a safe bet that when ordered to jump his only question is 'how high?'

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Come on guys. Read the story.

"in town for a convention" - I know what happens at these conventions.

"dinner downtown" - What else do they serve downtown besides food?

"replied that he did not have to, while sticking his finger in my face." - His hands were NOT behind his back the whole time.

As for the "throw down" outside? Watch it again without bias.:n00b:

Top Bottom