• ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    :ingo:

Let's hear 'em.

What did you see?

Good deals, weird/whacky/stinky person(s), hot chicks, something you couldn't live without and bought, something you wanted but didn't/couldn't buy, tables to avoid, etc...

Give us all your full report here!!!

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    The parking attendants are still trying to park gun show patrons as far from the building as possible. Both the west and east side attendants told me there was no parking and directed me to the far northwest corner. After walking aways, I saw spots were open. So I moved. Do not trust these people. They have to have been told to save parking for other events.
    The gun show needs to be moved somewhere other than the fairgrounds

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    The parking attendants are still trying to park gun show patrons as far from the building as possible. Both the west and east side attendants told me there was no parking and directed me to the far northwest corner. After walking aways, I saw spots were open. So I moved. Do not trust these people. They have to have been told to save parking for other events.

I wish there was another place to have it. I've often been directed to park a mile away, not fun if you bought 1k bullets. Rep'd

Chipslinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Finally got me some 458 SOCOM ammo. Crane Ammo had them in 3 different flavors for $55 a box of 20. I got the Hornady FTX 325gr. LOTS of AR's and parts WOW! Really a long line when they opened a 2 today. It went all the way around the south side of the building. Yikes! We went our own way when we parked.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I went there for a single purpose, Raven Concealment. They hooked me up with a knife sheath. I thought the weirdies were out in full. I did pick up some .45 ammo as well.

A lot of prices seemed high to me, because I was looking for another Guide gun.

Clearwat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Picked up a KelTec P3AT from Acme out of Seymour. Best price I found. A box of .380 Golden Sabers for it. Another Tapco AK mag and 100 rounds for it. Another range bag and a tenderloin. Got there about 2:30pm, parked where I wanted. Line was about 1/4 mile, no joke. Ammo prices were still pretty high. Saw 9mm boxes of FMJ down to around $14/box. .380 FMJ was out of control at $25-35/box. I passed, so now I am looking for some to break the KelTec in with!

Forgot, I saw a younger guy carrying a sawed off shotgun, probably about a 12" barrel and I think the stock had been hacked on. He was talking to somebody who was saying something about "registering it". I chuckled and kept rolling.

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I was hoping the prices would have fallen a bit. It's nearly an insult to the steady firearm community to walk around and see inflated pricing. You would think the vendors would have to be aware of internet pricing.

On that note, two years ago when the LCP first came out, I went to the 1500 just for those. I couldn't find them anywhere, including the internet. Most people went in and went right and left, so I went straight up the gut. First table I saw had 4 of them sitting out and priced at $235 ea. They were from Warsaw IN, I think. I told the old guy I wanted all 4 of them. They hadn't been open for 5 minutes. LOL...he looked at me like I was nuts, and I told him to write 'em up.

After we did our legalities, I handed him the cash, thanked him and told him that they were going for $350-$375 everywhere else. He looked a little irked after that. The next time I went up, I stopped by and chatted with him, and I took note that he marked them up to $375. That particular day, I had at LEAST 10 people offer to buy them from me. One vendor said there were only about six of them brought to the show. The other guy that had them sold them to another vendor at the show before the doors even opened. I got the other four!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville

To me, the parking attendants are there for *suggestions* :D

I have worked shows at the fairgrounds for several years and have learned to do pretty much whatever I want with regard to parking.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Picked up a Fenix LD20 for $60. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Also got some Winchester Ranger and some Gold Dots. Going back tomorrow to see what else I can find.

49CJ3A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Picked up my 3 day pass this evening and walked around for about an hour this evening. Inflated prices everywhere, you will really have to dig and work to find the deals. I'm working the Trader Garage Sale that's going on the same time and plan to visit the show multiple times each day.

beak7707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Terre haute area
    Its about a 2 hours drive for me. I was thinking about running up there you guys think it would be worth it? The past few i have been to I wasn't too impressed. I would like to get some 45 ammo and I saw the post where they had it.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Went there for a single purpose, not to spend money. FAIL.

Picked up a Swedish bayonet and frog for my Swedish mauser, a large can of EZZOX (great stuff) and 6.5 Swedish reloading dies.

I usually keep an eye out lately for a few things:

FNP 45
    German K98's
    Last but not least, a Winchester 1895 in 7.62x54R.

Did not see an FNP 45 at a $ I wanted to part with. All of the K98's were either Russian captures cleaned up or not cleaned up. Some of the cleaned up ones were scary.

No Winchester.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    dint see any thing i was wanting that i couldn't get for 10%-20% cheaper online. some prices were very high. pistols seem to be selling well there were lines to sign paper work most the evening. on guy did have average prices on used ar-15 BCG. plenty of ammo expect, 380 which was all overpriced for new stuff, and reloads were priced like the new stuf msrp. 100 count winchester 95gr had a $60 tag on it. when you find them at walmart it is $35.75.

Top Bottom