• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Ok boys and girls. We need to contact the folks who put this show on and demand they move it to a larger venue. As much as I like to go, it is to the point of not going because of the lack of space and the inability to move about comfortably.

How do we make contact with them, and is everyone willing to petition them to change to a larger venue?

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    you have to go to the office at the show. its pointless to call because its an answering machine and they wont call you back anyways even if your a dealer. So go to the office and ask to talk to Dan

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Yeah TELL me about it. He rode there and home with me. After I dropped him off at his truck I had to drive the last 30 or so miles home with the windows down to air the d@mn car out!!

Greg
    I fart in my sleep and that was such a boring ride I took a nap, if you drove faster then my grandmother I wouldn't of had time for a nap and hence not farts...:D

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Were else could they go? If they go to the convention center the price of parking will triple (I paid $10 last time I was down there). I have personal experience with setting up shows at the convention center (every year for the last 12), and its a royal PITA, vendors would stop coming.

I just cant think of any place in Indy that could host the show as well as the fairgrounds. I say kick out the vendors selling junk, and increase the quality of the sellers, decreasing the number of vendors and make more room that way.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    This thread went to s#!T real fast.

What do you call junk?

Toys, fudge, tupperware, what else?

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    This thread went to s#!T real fast.

What do you call junk?

Toys, fudge, Tupperware, what else?

Without naming vendors, but blowguns, sunglasses, all the non gun/knife related stuff. Could probably get rid of a good 2-3 rows of vendors. Or you could just limit the number of people they allow in, no need to cram everyone in there.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Without naming vendors, but blowguns, sunglasses, all the non gun/knife related stuff. Could probably get rid of a good 2-3 rows of vendors. Or you could just limit the number of people they allow in, no need to cram everyone in there.
    Well, there goes the capitalism.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I don't see them making any changes as long as the place keeps packing people in. What is the motivation? Remove vendors? That reduces the space rental fees. Limit the number of people? Reduces entrance fees.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    They could open up more buildings at the current location. I would sign anything that needs to be signed, email, whatever - it needs more space.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Here are the currant building sizes along with personnel and equipment cost for an idea what they currently have.

Toyota Expo Hall
    Occupancy5,000
    10x10 booths369

South Pavilion
    Occupancy6,000
    10x10 booths380

West Pavilion
    Occupancy 9,400
    10x10 booths 819

Final Clean Up

Final clean up costs will be estimated and included on the addendum attached to the contract as a "not-to-exceed" price. Duties include: cleaning of floor, trash removal and other cleaning duties required after event moves out.
    Fire Marshall

The Indiana State Fair Marshal requires all events to file for a permit to hold a public event.
    Insurance Requirements

Commercial general liability, including contractual coverage, broad form property damage, contractual liability, products or completed operations coverage (if applicable), with minimum liability limits of $5,000,000 per occurrence, unless additional coverage is required by the State. The policy of insurance or certificate shall be posted with the Indiana State Fairgrounds no later than seven days prior to move-in or opening of event.
    Staffing

Personnel for security, janitorial, ticket selling, ticket taking, door guards, and ushering are available through the Indiana State Fairgrounds and is paid on a per person, per hour basis.
    Utilities

Electricity utilities are billed at current rate per kwh used, and gas utilities are billed at current rate per 100 cubic feet. Meters are read before and after the event.

Indiana State Fairgrounds Equipment & Personnel Cost

shftn6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    NW Monroe Co.
    I don't know what the solution is, but I do know that I won't be going back again until there is more space provided. Being packed in like a sardine for several hours is not my idea of a good time. I didn't see anything I couldn't buy over the internet from the comfort of my own home. I would prefer to support the vendors at a local gun show, but not under those conditions!

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Last show we parked on the Northish side and walked through the grounds to get to the building. To and from we passed where they were setting up for the Indy Garage sale. I don't know the name of the building but the front was across from the back of the Grandstand. That building seemed huge.

Here is contact information for the 1500:
    Welcome to the Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show

Jess

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Come on now!! What's not to love being sandwiched between large sweaty people all trying out the latest gangsta wear.

1st gangsta wannabe; "What kinda rod is that?"
    2nd gangsta wannabe; "I don't know. . . .how do I look?"

I especially liked the guys selling the holsters that mounted on the front of the drivers seat in your car. "Nuttin' illegal about it"!!!:laugh:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    If you move to a larger venue you have to factor in the cost, and no one will pay $15 to park out at the Luke. The fair has cheap parking, easy to get to, and 911 isnt going to get 50 million calls of people with guns downtown.

Just cut some vendors, make it higher quality and all will be good. Or just have a smaller exhibit hall. I go to 20+ conventions a year with a business I work for, shows that limit the field of vendors are much better. Its easy to pay a few extra bucks if you make it back, shows that dont have any kind of control over the vendors are almost not worth the time it takes to go to them. All we need is some control and all will be good.

Everyone complains about vendors ripping people off, well why in heck are they still allowed to come back?

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I've heard that before. My suggestion would be to rent another building there at the fairgrounds and charge a higher price for the main building and a lower price for the newer building. This should encourage the better vendors to setup shop in the better location and encourage the crappier booths to move the cheaper location. Let the market dictate quality booth location and quantity. Besides, I may not like your version of "control" that results in your version of "good."

All we need is some control and all will be good.

Top Bottom