• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I am a vender at the show and I sell knives. I do not understand why any promoter would allow anything not related to guns or knives be sold or put on tables. I hear lots of complaints from customers saying the shows are looking more like garage sells or flea markets. Those items should be at those places. This has nothing to do with capitalism. There is a place and time for everything. Gun and Knife Show I think says it all.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I do not understand why any promoter would allow anything not related to guns or knives be sold or put on tables.

because all they care about is the money. but agreed I don't need to shop for knock-off coach bags at a gun show. but keep chef leo, his stuff is tasty.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am a vender at the show and I sell knives. I do not understand why any promoter would allow anything not related to guns or knives be sold or put on tables. I hear lots of complaints from customers saying the shows are looking more like garage sells or flea markets. Those items should be at those places. This has nothing to do with capitalism. There is a place and time for everything. Gun and Knife Show I think says it all.

because there are spouses, and children and others their that are not there to see the guns.... i know for a fact that if they didnt sell purses and jewelry and some antiques at a couple of the booths that my fiance wouldnt have gone w/ me all those years before i got into the business and my life COULD be pretty differant now....

and hey, its a free market, there are a certain number of tables to sell, and they are going to sell regardless, i doubt very highly anyone would not sell an entire row of tables to make the walkways bigger.... switch to a bigger venue, and you will probably just see more tables sold.

i dont know what the solution is, but limiting vendors is definatly not going to accomplish anything.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The one that really kills me about the 1500 is the group that has 3 or 4 tables of WWII era trauma medical equipment. :wtf:

but see i actually buy from him every show.... he has some stuff that i use for cleanup, and some syringes that i use for squirting acetone onto gunparts for degreasing... i buy 20 or 30 of them, and by the next show they are shot from the acetone, so i buy some more.... and i buy scalpels for cutting out camo templates.

every vendor has their place.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    in my dealer contract i sign for the show it says something like no fleamarket items and non gun or knife related items allowed. Dan has ALWAYS taken good care of his vendors and promoted the shows with local media and drawn BIG crouds. he wont cut the vendors back im almost possitive. But a bigger building is a possibility. Dan is a realy nice and good guy, so if enough of you go to the 1500 office at the show and complain then im sure they will try to come up with a fair solution. I use to travel the gun show circuit and set up all over thecountry, but with my job now i cant, so the 1500 is the only show i realy do. Im not a huge dealer or an FFL, but i always have the best prices on my tactcal gear, and i have MANY repeat customers and i always sell out at the 1500. so i would be disapointed if i wasnt allowed to set up just because i run a smaller distributer business and dont rent out 15 tables like the big boys. the little guys are the ones who help keep the prices low for the customers. if you just have the big corporations setting up at shows then your choices will be more limited and also your prices higher because they have more overhead. I personaly will go talk to Dan too at this show, but i dont have as much pull as the big boys who rent out whole sections. so i suggest getting as many BIG dealers on your side as possible asking for more room and then you probly will get it. I would be willing to pay a little more money per table in order to get a bigger building at the 1500, because i know for a fact that I will make my money back, i dont know hardly anyone who dont make enough money at the 1500 to pay a little extra for a table. I think the price for the customers is high enough per person, so im DEFFINATELY AGAINST RAISING THE ADMISSION FEE!!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The one that really kills me about the 1500 is the group that has 3 or 4 tables of WWII era trauma medical equipment. :wtf:

I recognize you as one of my customers. you always wear the backpack. thanks for your business.

as to your comment above. I have to disagree because he sells A LOT of good stuff. i buy from him at every show. he also has used body armor and stuff and i set up diagonal from him one time and he was sellling a lot of items. every dealer that sells military, gun, knife items should be allowed to stay.

as for the guy trying to get the girls to stay home ........ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, please, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i enjoy watching all the hotties walking around and so do a lot of other guys!!!! A hot (or any) pistol packin momma is always a nice thing to see!!!

sorry people, just being honest. keep wearing your short skirt and low cut shirts ladies!! :rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    From the conversation I overheard the last time I went to the 1500 (early 2009) between an LEO at the door and a vendor who was bring in stuff I overheard that the Fair Ground Managment is NOT willing to rent more of the buildings to the gun show. In part due to insurance issues and the current contract that they (fair ground & gun show) have. The LEO made is sound like the fair ground is not happy having the gun show but is under contractual obligation to continue it.

:dunno:

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I agree that there is a problem at the 1500. I stopped going two years ago because it was just too much trouble trying to get a look at each table. I would like to see them get rid of the flea market tables. And how about getting rid of the baby strollers, they take up a lot of room and my ankles would be a lot happier.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    yeah i agree the baby strollers suck. how about getting rid of all the parents who let their kids run around unsupervised and always come and finger F*** all our stuff on the table??? watch your kids dipS***'s

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    yeah i agree the baby strollers suck. how about getting rid of all the parents who let their kids run around unsupervised and always come and finger F*** all our stuff on the table??? watch your kids dipS***'s

My 10 year old was examining a self-defense book a few shows ago, trying to decide if she wanted to buy it. She was told "Put the book down and get out of here. Where the hell are your parents?!" (We were standing about two feet from her). We don't buy from him anymore. Hope it was worth it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    lol, yeah thats a bit over the top. im talking about kids grabbing my guns or gear. no kid thats not mine touches my guns. thats what im talking about. the guy with the book sounds like a lot of the grumpy old men there. :) im only mean when the customers are idiots, or mean first. i have no problem telling them to F off. my prices are the lowest for what i sell so someone else will always come buy it after them

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Those kids are the future gun right defenders you know so tolerate them cause one day they will be defending your right (since you will be real OLD grandpas) to have your GLOCK or 1911 in your house for self-defense while the rest of the USA is walking around with laser pistols or CCing them.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    sorry scutter wrong moderator my sincere apologies. I sent a PM to spasimo and he doesnt reply. but hes always flag happy in regards to the classifieds. hes unfair and i wanted an explanation of why i got a warning for posting 1 little response related to a item for sale. especially when others do the same. i wasnt spamming the classifieds.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Those kids are the future gun right defenders you know so tolerate them cause one day they will be defending your right (since you will be real OLD grandpas) to have your GLOCK or 1911 in your house for self-defense while the rest of the USA is walking around with laser pistols or CCing them.

True. Some of those vendors are only thinking the 'here and now'.

And if plasma pistols ever come to market, you know Glock will make them first (probably melt spontaneously, though).

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    As someone who has help setup a convention at the fair grounds. It is very difficult to book buildings, the company I worked for booked over a year in advance. The 1500 is a regular customer and does it multiple times a year so they would have more sway, but there is a good chance that they dates they are looking at are simply not available.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i put a lot of good time into talking with my customers and helping them out. but the ones i have no problem telling to hit the road are the ones who wanna low ball you, or talk out their butts about something they have no clue about. i like being my own boss at the shows because i dont have to bow down to some rediculous corporate standard of "the customers always right" well NO they arent. theres a lot of GOOD AND RESPECTFULL kids that keep their hands in their pocket. the same way i did when i was a kid, and I STILL ASK BEFORE GRABBING ANYTHING of someone elses even if they dont have a sign. its a matter of respect of others property. there are a lot of thieves at the 1500 who grap and dash, so its real frustrating when you have 10 people or more all holding stuff anyways, especially when some might be a 12 year old kid who cant legaly buy a used gun i might be selling anyways. sorry if that sounds rude but most all people that come to my booth leave with a smile. and no debbie isnt under my table covers either!!! :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom