• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Many of you need to stop by my table and partake of vast quanity's of very fine imported cheeses. It makes a wonderful companion for your
    WHINE.

Jeeze-louise same old record. The gun shop from Mooresville will not be in attendence , so there is your extra room. Go to the Nat-gun-day and see all the empty space and high entry fee. Tell the KNIFE-LADY she can't set up, because we all know that CHINA made knives are flea market treasures
    IDEA #1- Why not convince the powers-to-be to have a special THURSDAY SHOW, just for the flowery odiforious, wide stance, and gun einstien's.Tell all the vendors,prices will be what the populous say and not a penny more. At the close you gather and praise Ivory Soap and sing
    KOOM-BAH-YALL.:baby:

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I agree that there is a problem at the 1500. I stopped going two years ago because it was just too much trouble trying to get a look at each table. I would like to see them get rid of the flea market tables. And how about getting rid of the baby strollers, they take up a lot of room and my ankles would be a lot happier.

I'm with ya. A stroller ban would be a great start!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

I am on board for the STROLLER BAN. As for the rest of it, its about money. Everyone wants to make it. But it seems there is less consideration for those that spend it. Are we crying? Hell yes, the 1500 is over crowded, poorly organized and poorly run. Change is needed but I don't think with all the money being made there will be any change. Now if a lot less customers show up that will get some attention.

I don't know what the answer is, but I have seen some what seem to me as a customer reasonable suggestions in this thread and others.

I do know this. Vendors venting on customers is going to do no good for anyone in this situation.

Last edited:

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I stopped going because I'm allergic to beef jerky, and there is a lot of it there. Particles floating around in the air.

Are there really people pushing strollers through there now? That makes want to start going again so I can stop again due to strollers. That or set up at the entrance and try to buy from people going in, like they did at Kenton.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I haven't been to the show for about two to three years? It just isn't worth it to me, and I doubt I will be going anytime soon. The main reason is that I can find almost anything in Indy, and the prices are no longer that great. I am actually OK with it being a flea market type deal, but if things are getting that crowded, that really sucks. It might be time to cut some of the non-gun stuff being sold, just to make a few pockets of space here and there. Until prices get back to what they used to be, I have no desire to attend. As long as I read and hear about the show being "packed," I doubt nothing will change.

What this thread really needs is some good suggestions. The downtown Indy Convention Center is not a good venue. It was designed for conventions that bring in thousands, actually tens of thousands. Given that, are there any metro area convention centers that might work? What about fairgrounds in other counties? Maybe it is time to move the show outside of Indy, but still in Central Indiana? Is there anything in Columbus, Bloomington, Anderson, or Richmond that would work? It seems this show draws from all over the state, so while some may have a longer driver, others would have a shorter drive.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Lighten up Francis.

It's pretty obvious to anyone and everyone that's been recently that it's ridiculously overcrowded. You can call it whining if you want, but I hated the fact that I flat out couldn't move and I personally do not like having to elbow my way in just to look at one table. I love having all the vendors there. I love the big crowd - big crowds draw in lots of vendors and vice versa. Because of all that candy sitting there on all those tables, I love going. I'm a surplus junkie. But I dread the crowds that show up in the colder months.

It....needs.... more....space.

The original point of the thread was to figure out how to talk to the people that do run the 1500 and see if anything can be done about it. At some point when it turns into a general "let's bash the 1500" is when threads like this lose their potential. The original aim I didn't think was denigrate the 1500, but to make an improvement that I think EVERYone attending would appreciate.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Jeeze-louise same old record. The gun shop from Mooresville will not be in attendence , so there is your extra room. Go to the Nat-gun-day and see all the empty space and high entry fee. Tell the KNIFE-LADY she can't set up, because we all know that CHINA made knives are flea market treasures
    IDEA #1- Why not convince the powers-to-be to have a special THURSDAY SHOW, just for the flowery odiforious, wide stance, and gun einstien's.Tell all the vendors,prices will be what the populous say and not a penny more. At the close you gather and praise Ivory Soap and sing
    KOOM-BAH-YALL.:baby:

Have you recently attended? As a purchaser or a vendor?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    China made knives can consist of Ka-Bar, gerber, SOG, Buck, Spyderco, Benchmade, Cold Steel and many others, so are these considered Flea Market items because they are made in China? Also would the China made Norinco 7.62 x 39m SKS rifle be considered a flea market item as well. My statement previously was in reference to non- related items to guns or knives not the country of origin.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    China made knives can consist of Ka-Bar, gerber, SOG, Buck, Spyderco, Benchmade, Cold Steel and many others, so are these considered Flea Market items because they are made in China? Also would the China made Norinco 7.62 x 39m SKS rifle be considered a flea market item as well. My statement previously was in reference to non- related items to guns or knives not the country of origin.

Yes at some of the Hillbilly backwoods flea markets I have been too. While I can't bring myself to spend the money on a quality knife I do like looking at them so your still welcome.

Yeah it is crowded!!

I hate people in general but I chew on my inner lip and deal with it, every once in awhile some Ahole might catch an accidently well placed elbow, and I might make a comment or three, Last 1500 I got everything I wanted(read as could afford) except I forgot to check out some Magpul items at Cwoods table but that was VUPD's fault he was BSing and causing a traffic jam.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The way I understand it, I believe there's a HUGE building on the east side of US31 in Tipton county that's available. :dunno:

In fact, it's brand new. They haven't seen the first car, er, company come through their doors.

They probably have a huge parking lot too. I'd say contact the property owner and make them an offer. After all, making some money has got to be better than sitting on an empty building, especially one that has absolutely no future for manufacturing, and making no money as it sits vacant. :twocents:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

We don't need to ban all strollers, though.. Just the black "assault strollers"... Those're the ones that have the shoulder thing that goes up, a "bottle lug" and can accommodate a diaper bag that holds more than 10 changes.

Yes... Common sense stroller laws... If it saves only one ankle....

:whistle:

Blessings,
    Bill

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    i like the location . But they could move it to the blue ribbon building ! and i think we (customers,vedors and even the organizer) spend enough money while we are there we should get some better parking !

!@#$% (WTF save parking spots for the garage sale people ) !@#$%^

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lighten up Francis.

It's pretty obvious to anyone and everyone that's been recently that it's ridiculously overcrowded. You can call it whining if you want, but I hated the fact that I flat out couldn't move and I personally do not like having to elbow my way in just to look at one table. I love having all the vendors there. I love the big crowd - big crowds draw in lots of vendors and vice versa. Because of all that candy sitting there on all those tables, I love going. I'm a surplus junkie. But I dread the crowds that show up in the colder months.

It....needs.... more....space.

The original point of the thread was to figure out how to talk to the people that do run the 1500 and see if anything can be done about it. At some point when it turns into a general "let's bash the 1500" is when threads like this lose their potential. The original aim I didn't think was denigrate the 1500, but to make an improvement that I think EVERYone attending would appreciate.

:+1:

That was the point. We have bashed the issues in other threads. I wanted to generate support for fixing the overcrowding issue.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom