• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kelly, we really need pics for the characters. Some of us don’t get all of the references.

:postpics:
    Without pics I have plausible deniability :D

My sons tell me I need to update my references. I think everyone knows that won't happen from what I've seen. And you can see a lot just by observing ;)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Mornin all! It is before 0900 on Saturday. First in-thread reply with "I'll take it!!" gets the VIP pass for free admission to the Indy 1500.

John has a appointment this AM so SherylinAvon will be with me the first couple hours. It's bad form to have only one at a booth ;)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the Indy 1500. THE BIG STORY! Parking: there is an art show going on south of the fairgrounds, so the fenced in lot is being used for the art show parking. That means all the trailers that park over there that the vendors have… Are now over here north of the expo hall. Keep that in mind when you come this way.

And 38th St. still sucks with all the construction.

wildcatfan

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 18, 2021
    Muncie
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the Indy 1500. THE BIG STORY! Parking: there is an art show going on south of the fairgrounds, so the fenced in lot is being used for the art show parking. That means all the trailers that park over there that the vendors have… Are now over here north of the expo hall. Keep that in mind when you come this way.

And 38th St. still sucks with all the construction.
    Where would be the best place to park early tomorrow morning?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Where would be the best place to park early tomorrow morning?
    Had opening on a Sunday you could probably park in the lot west of the expo hall, where the vendors park. Also, there is parking just north of the Expo Hall. I don’t think there’s a lot else going on other than the art show across the road.

Madmatt

Milsurps are my thing!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2022
    Switzerland County
    Well, here is my visit report from yesterday. Got there a little before 4pm and wasn't very busy. Tons of parking but event itself was far smaller than I had been expecting. Everyone there, from the vendors to the people working the event itself were very nice, but I expect nothing less from Hoosiers. As for the offerings at the show? Well... my interest is in WW2 and earlier Milsurps and unfortunately it was slim pickings and what was there was exorbitantly overpriced. $795 for a Turkish Mauser? Come'on now brother! I thought I caught sight of a few P.08 Lugers that may have been decent deals, (hard to tell without handling one and checking to see if they were all matching or not) but I wasn't looking for one of those.

They did have every variant of Glock and AR upper receiver in existence and in every color under the sun. So there was that... So all-in-all not a show for the serious milsurp collector although I was able to make a deal with another member that we had pre-arranged before the show. The smell of Cinnamon Roasted Cashews and nuts was too much to ignore so I did snag a bag of those. As someone with occasional hip issues I will say that there was a lot of sitting available in a very nice concession area. That was greatly appreciated.

In addition to all the modern guns, there were the hodge podge of collections of bayonets, some swords, and lots of cold war era and newer magazines and parts for various arms.

So as gun shows go, it was a good way to spend a few hours. For me though, wasn't really much to see, but I enjoyed my time there.

Pro Tip, about 10 minutes away is a place called Union Jacks (google if for directions and online ordering). Best Chicago deep dish pizza in Indiana! I picked up one on my way home. Delicious!

Attachments

• Union Jacks.jpg
      Union Jacks.jpg
      397.7 KB · Views: 12

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, here is my visit report from yesterday. Got there a little before 4pm and wasn't very busy. Tons of parking but event itself was far smaller than I had been expecting. Everyone there, from the vendors to the people working the event itself were very nice, but I expect nothing less from Hoosiers. As for the offerings at the show? Well... my interest is in WW2 and earlier Milsurps and unfortunately it was slim pickings and what was there was exorbitantly overpriced. $795 for a Turkish Mauser? Come'on now brother! I thought I caught sight of a few P.08 Lugers that may have been decent deals, (hard to tell without handling one and checking to see if they were all matching or not) but I wasn't looking for one of those.

They did have every variant of Glock and AR upper receiver in existence and in every color under the sun. So there was that... So all-in-all not a show for the serious milsurp collector although I was able to make a deal with another member that we had pre-arranged before the show. The smell of Cinnamon Roasted Cashews and nuts was too much to ignore so I did snag a bag of those. As someone with occasional hip issues I will say that there was a lot of sitting available in a very nice concession area. That was greatly appreciated.

In addition to all the modern guns, there were the hodge podge of collections of bayonets, some swords, and lots of cold war era and newer magazines and parts for various arms.

So as gun shows go, it was a good way to spend a few hours. For me though, wasn't really much to see, but I enjoyed my time there.

Pro Tip, about 10 minutes away is a place called Union Jacks (google if for directions and online ordering). Best Chicago deep dish pizza in Indiana! I picked up one on my way home. Delicious!
    Union Jack's has been an INGO favorite for Indy area meet and eats for years. :thumbsup:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Union Jack's has been an INGO favorite for Indy area meet and eats for years. :thumbsup:
    I could have sworn they closed that place? It couldnt survive covid.

Yep. 2022

So they re-opened?

Top Bottom