• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's that time once again! This one is in the Expo Hall (along 38th Street, west side of the fairgrounds.) Smaller pavilion, but it has A/C!!

I'm once again at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA Booth. I'll bump the thread with the usual landmarks inside the pavilion.

I'm working on gathering as much Intel as I can for the questions we'll no doubt be fielding. Heard some positives on what came out of the annual meeting/board meeting. Early attendance estimates are 73-74K.

Who will you see at the 1500? Goths? SPAM can Mom? 1911 lanyard carry dude? The Man from Glad (if it's raining?) Harley Quinn? (DEFINITELY NOT Margot Robbie) Kill a commie for Mommy shirt guy with Kalashnikov shirt guy? Lives in a bad neighborhood guy? Flock of Seagulls? The extras from The Walking Dead? The cast of The Hills Have Eyes? The family who shoots together?

How many Police trade-in 870s will go out the door? (over/under is 8.) Spoiler alert: those are from Acme Sports in Seymour @k12lts and I'll be there 15 June for an NRA-ILA 2A Day.

Price points: I always scout out a few things to gauge how prices are looking. 9mm range ammo and Gen 2 PMags are my usual items. I also look for GI mags with the blue follower.

Disclaimer: I don't know everything about everything. I will try to find specific things and prices per request if time allows. However, I know a lot about a few things. I know a little about a lot of things. There are some things I really don't know duck **** from apple butter about. If you ask me about a Lee-Enfield I can tell you if it looks like it was dug up out of Flanders Field. S&W revolvers? I know a little more.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Just fyi don’t buy the first one ya see. HB firearms out of Borden gives Acme a pretty good run for the money on those PD shotguns.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This one is sneaking up fast. As always stop by the booth and say hello if you are there, I'll bump the thread. It's always good seeing INGOers in the wild.

A few shows back on Friday when the vendors were setting up and all the garage doors were up I was sitting and waiting for things to open. I'm watching the people and thinking it is so easy to spot a vendor even when they aren't pushing a heavy cart. They have the "time to make the doughnuts" look in their eyes. On Saturday and Sunday morning they have coffee in one hand, fast food breakfast in the other. Backpack or other bag slung with bottled water and snacks (we don't pay snack bar prices for bottled water, it's a thing.)

OK, back to the "waiting for the show to open on a Friday" subject. Two dudes come walking in the garage door on the southeast side of the South Pavilion. When you walk in and look up at the ceiling, you ain't a vendor.

Rare occasion there was neither 1500 staff nor a Police Officer in the area, so I walked over and said hello. Sure enough, just wandered in. I told them it opened at 2pm today and pointed them towards the entrance. Then one partially pulls a revolver out of his pocket and asks if he can sell it here. At that point I said we all need to step outside the building.

Went through the whole thing with private sales. Also said to make sure it is unloaded when entering, swing out the cylinder and hand it to the Officer butt first.

I didn't ask if it was loaded, didn't ask if he knew how to swing the cylinder out, didn't ask to see anymore of it than I saw. Just went back inside.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I haven’t been to this show in years. I’m thinking about going this weekend. Are there any good public places to park and walk in to avoid paying for parking?

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I haven’t been to this show in years. I’m thinking about going this weekend. Are there any good public places to park and walk in to avoid paying for parking?
    You pay for parking at the state fairgrounds to increase your odds the vehicle and it's contents are still there when you want to exit.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You could park on the street south of the fairgrounds parking on the south side of 38th Street.
    You pay for parking at the state fairgrounds to increase your odds the vehicle and it's contents are still there when you want to exit.
    There is this...

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    I'll have two tables with Ammo and such. No firearms, even though I have an FFL. New policy, they will not allow anyone to sell firearms without an FFL, no more "but this is my personal collection". A lot of the normal table people will be upset, I'm wondering how they will handle the walk around private sales.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll have two tables with Ammo and such. No firearms, even though I have an FFL. New policy, they will not allow anyone to sell firearms without an FFL, no more "but this is my personal collection". A lot of the normal table people will be upset, I'm wondering how they will handle the walk around private sales.
    Sounds like tomorrow will be interesting.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

They need to extend the "not allow anyone to sell firearms without an FFL" to include "not allow anyone"to people NOT selling firearm/knife related items. Last time I went to the 1500 which was a year ago, it was starting to resemble a flea market VS a gun/knife show. Rant over. :xmad:

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I haven’t been to this show in years. I’m thinking about going this weekend. Are there any good public places to park and walk in to avoid paying for

When did they start a new policy with no firearms without a ffl?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Let me know where you're at, I'll stop by and say hello.

Top Bottom