INDIANA STATE POLICE SPEEDING TICKET BLITZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana -- A statewide speeding enforcement blitz goes into effect Friday in Indiana.It is part of an ongoing effort to decrease the number of deaths and injuries on Indiana roadways this year.

Indiana Criminal Justice Institute Executive Director, T. Neil Moore said the Indiana State Police and more than 25 local law enforcement agencies have funding from ICJI to participate in an aggressive enforcement effort to target and ticket drivers who fail to comply with posted speed limits.

This two week blitz will take place from April 10-24.“Motorists should be aware that these law enforcement agencies will intensify their speed enforcement patrols. Any motorist caught speeding will be ticketed. Special attention will be paid to neighborhoods, school zones, and construction zones,” said Moore.

“Speed” is a statewide enforcement effort that is funded with federal dollars awarded to Indiana from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The effort supports dangerous driving program initiatives.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    That's funny because I have a very hard time doing the speed limit on the highway or on county roads but in the city or school zones i normally go under the posted limit.

Thanks for the heads up!!

I was in my way to Valpo yesterday and was cruising north on 421 at about 75 MPH when I crapped myself because I saw a county coming at me, he waved as he went passed never tapped his brakes or flipped his lights, thats what I love about living in the country most of the time they have better things to do and if you are the only one on the road as long as your safe they don't seem to mess with you.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    The only problem I have with these dated enforcement days is that it pulls people from investigating crimes. Solving a murder doesn't pay into the budget but catching a speeder brings in a couple hundred a pop. Trust me I'm with everyone against speeding but Investigating crimes and not letting the police do actual work to stop crime ruffles my feathers.

Oh well. Budgets run the state.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    The only problem I have with these dated enforcement days is that it pulls people from investigating crimes. Solving a murder doesn't pay into the budget but catching a speeder brings in a couple hundred a pop. Trust me I'm with everyone against speeding but Investigating crimes and not letting the police do actual work to stop crime ruffles my feathers.

Oh well. Budgets run the state.

Not true. These are overtime projects paid for by federal grants. The officers would otherwise be off duty. No regular on-duty officers are pulled for these projects.

Federal grants are also used to pay overtime to increase patrol coverage in high crime areas, especially during the warmer months when crime spikes. As far as solving murders, and other high profile crimes, the patrol officers who work these traffic enforcement projects would not be working on these types of investigations anyway. Those things are assigned to specialized investigators. You won't see a homicide investigator doing traffic enforcement, and vice-versa.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm still confused as to why I-465 is 55 MPH at all. Should be 65 MPH. I-69 around Ft Wayne is the same way. :dunno:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    They are all crooks. And I feel sorry for the good cops that have to be there henchmen. (yes theyr 1 or 2 good cops).

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Sort of ironic they are doing this now. If I recall correctly they just recently announced that driving fatalities are at all time lows because people aren't driving as much.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Sort of ironic they are doing this now. If I recall correctly they just recently announced that driving fatalities are at all time lows because people aren't driving as much.

You recall correctly! It was just this week that the story of low driving fatalities came out. Apparently rolling this stat back to the 60's isn't good enough.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    State is short on money so traffic fines make up the difference. The automobile has become the cash cow of our country.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They are all crooks. And I feel sorry for the good cops that have to be there henchmen. (yes theyr 1 or 2 good cops).
    Stereotyping ANY group as a whole is counterproductive to any intelligent conversation. We try hard to dispel the stereotyping of gun owners as backwoods hillbillies yet some of us have no problem stereotyping other groups. I 'm no crook and I'm not the "1 or 2 goods cops" out of the 836,787 police officers in the US. Yes, I have worked the OT enforcing state laws. The extra money in good for those times that unexpected bills (medical) come up and need paid. I am doing NOTHING illegal by doing that. They are 100% legal traffic laws that are enforced. You might not like the laws but they are on the books until someone amends them or removes them all together. If you do not want a law to be enforced then push to have it repealed. To label a person a "crook" is to label them as a criminal and you better have same good dirt on me before you throw that in my face. Please pick a better argument next time.

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    you guys are all bitching and moaning about this like your not breaking the law. tickets should be higher in my opinion. cars kill more people than guns.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Bah, your never get me, tyler!:D

Got nothing against state po-po. Got pulled over for 80 in a 65 going to the NRA Convention in Louisville last year. The kiddo told me to slow it down. Sometimes you win without fighting.:D

IMPD on I-465 is another matter. I'm still boiling over getting a 62 in a 50 citation downtown on I-65. Says he clocked me through a semi. Armour-piercing radar no doubt.:rolleyes:

The fun thing was beating him like a drum in court and having the prosecutor dismiss the case in the middle of her evidence.

Don't get me started about IMPD--I'm not impressed.:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Crooks? Very true, some are, although the feds are cleaning up the corruption in the department recently.

However, you are really good about hassling people obeying the law and writing bad tickets.:D

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Crooks? Very true, some are, although the feds are cleaning up the corruption in the department recently.

However, you are really good about hassling people obeying the law and writing bad tickets.:D
    Well, we do have our 2 bogus UTT's a week quota so that is out of my hands. Feds haven't done anything with us since there was nothing to fix. We have our share of bone heads but that gets corrects on an individual basis. We are the largest dept in the state with 1600 or so officers so we get a lot of attention. SO be it, I wouldn't work anywhere else.

Top Bottom