INDIANA STATE POLICE SPEEDING TICKET BLITZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Why is this importand, people are soft and pink. We shouldn't be in such a rush to be getting places. Thats the reason there are so many accidents everyday. Not on my soap box, cuz.....I'm very guilty too. :twocents:

Really that is why the number of accidents is so much higher on the autobahn then. Oh wait a minute the have fewer accidents than we do. I guess that does not matter. :twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Really that is why the number of accidents is so much higher on the autobahn then. Oh wait a minute the have fewer accidents than we do. I guess that does not matter. :twocents:

Citing higher speeds on the Autobahns in Germany as the reason for lower traffic accidents is an absolutely ASSININE argument.

Most of the accidents on the Autobahns result in grevious bodily injury and death DUE to the high velocities that the vehicles are traveling.

And these days, it's quite difficult to find stretches of their highways that don't now have speed restriction due to the higher traffic volumes traveling the roadways.

Also, it's much more difficult and much more expensive to get a license to drive in Germany than it is here in this country. it requires much more driver training; and even a lengthy probationary driving period where the new driver isn't allowed on the Autobahns at all. Then there's a second probationary period (As denoted with special license plates, actually) where that driver isn't allowed to exceed a certain speed limit when they ARE allowed on the Autobahns.

There are a hundred factors why traffic accident/fatalities are different here than they are in Europe, but higher speed limits on the German Autobahn isn't one of 'em.

-J-

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Citing higher speeds on the Autobahns in Germany as the reason for lower traffic accidents is an absolutely ASSININE argument.

Most of the accidents on the Autobahns result in grevious bodily injury and death DUE to the high velocities that the vehicles are traveling.

And these days, it's quite difficult to find stretches of their highways that don't now have speed restriction due to the higher traffic volumes traveling the roadways.

Also, it's much more difficult and much more expensive to get a license to drive in Germany than it is here in this country. it requires much more driver training; and even a lengthy probationary driving period where the new driver isn't allowed on the Autobahns at all. Then there's a second probationary period (As denoted with special license plates, actually) where that driver isn't allowed to exceed a certain speed limit when they ARE allowed on the Autobahns.

There are a hundred factors why traffic accident/fatalities are different here than they are in Europe, but higher speed limits on the German Autobahn isn't one of 'em.

-J-

Thank you my knight in shining armor!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    My argument was just as asinine as the speed causes accidents argument. Yes speed kills, but speed did not cause the accident to happen. :D

So to support your point, why have speed limits at all?

Driving a car fast is not like driving a car slow just faster...all the variables change from breaking and the effectiveness of the breaks, the suspension, surface area of rubber touching asphalt. You are right, speed alone cant be singled out, but it is a major contributer. Only 2nd to when people are driving, the act of operating a motor vehical isn't their priority!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We did not always have speed limits. This state got by just fine without signs telling us how fast to drive.

Bring back the Rule of Reason!:patriot:

Get government out of my bedroom, my bathrooms and my cars!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have to say i have never been stopped for something i didnt do, but 9 out of 10 times by being polite and acknowledge what i did i will get away with a warning.

I have to say that in all my years driving (over 40), I could say that until last Saturday. On the way home from a shooting match in Columbus, IN, I was pulled over on I-65 for speeding by ISP. I had been doing about 73 mph according to my speedometer (it reads about 3 or 4 mph fast). I saw a trooper pull into the median. I then had a minivan cut me off while ducking in front of me. A little further down the highway, a trooper lit me up. I saw another trooper on the side of the road with another car and thought that the trooper behind me was backing up the that officer. As we passed the other trooper, I told my passenger (my 85 year old dad), "I guess that he is pulling me over. I wonder what this is about?"

The trooper (apparently fairly new) came up on the right side of the vehicle and looked into the back seat. He asked me, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I told him that I didn't. He then stated that it was for excessive speed. He said that the officer in the median had clocked me at 91 mph! I told him that it wasn't me, but probably the minivan driver that had cut me off. I told him that I never speed. After he saw my license and registration, and asking a few more questions about where I was coming from and where I was headed, he went back to his unit. I assume that he ran a check on me, and also assume that he found out that I didn't have any moving violations, ever.

He came back to the passenger side and we talked a little longer. He was pleasant and courteous the whole time. He said that the trooper who clocked me said that he wasn't real sure that it was me that he clocked, so this officer said that he would give me a verbal warning (probably a CYA thing).

One other thing...before I retrieved my registration (he didn't want to see the proof of insurance), I told him that I had a handgun in the glove compartment. He thanked me for advising him of that and told me to just leave it in place as I got my registration paper. He did ask to see my handgun license.

Except for the fool that cut me off and tried to pin the traffic violation on me, it wasn't a bad experience. The last thing the officer told me was to drive safely. I told him to be careful. If this is the kind of trooper the ISP is turning out, we can only take pride in them and have confidence their training.

If I had received the ticket, I would have had to fight it. I would have only the truth to tell and my father's corroberation as to the facts. Hopefully, the judge would recognize the truth, but in this case the young officer did.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    We did not always have speed limits. This state got by just fine without signs telling us how fast to drive.

Bring back the Rule of Reason!:patriot:

Get government out of my bedroom, my bathrooms and my cars!

So when was it you were driving horseless carriages? When did they go to steering wheels?:D

I would really like driving down the highway, being passed by one of the idiots driving 100+ while text messaging, eating their Egg McMuffin, and drinking their McLatte:rolleyes:

Most laws, including traffic laws, aren't really a bother to most folks. They protect me and those I love from those who don't have enough self-restraint and common sense to drive and behave in a reasonable manner :oldwise:

Top Bottom