• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Link to club website but it no longer has pics of the bays and layout.

Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club

I think also in addition to the annual $100 there is a one time fee at initiation of $50 for the land fund. There after its $100 and like TP said you can work that off in a couple days at a match.

You must also be a NRA member and prove it every year when you get a new club membership card.

You have to attend a few meetings to be read in for membership and then to be voted on. It a bit tough for those who work off shifts but once you get in the club you dont have to go to meetings unless you want to. I'm a second shift guy so can only make meetings when its for a vote or an issue like we just dealt with.

In short they do expect you to prove you want to join, not just show up once and write a check. After that and you get your key its all good.

I have to add here that as a club member I shoot during the day depending on my schedule. Some weeks a couple times and sometime not for a couple weeks, it just depends. Over the years I have gone to the club during the day and never met a soul. Had the whole place to myself or maybe just one other guy on a different range. I have seen this on weekends as well on beautifull days. I think on Mothers Day I went from 9 am to 3 pm and could count the number of folks there on one hand and 3 of those were on the skeet range.

Last edited:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Link to club website but it no longer has pics of the bays and layout.

Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club

I think also in addition to the annual $100 there is a one time fee at initiation of $50 for the land fund. There after its $100 and like TP said you can work that off in a couple days at a match.

You must also be a NRA member and prove it every year when you get a new club membership card.

You have to attend a few meetings to be read in for membership and then to be voted on. It a bit tough for those who work off shifts but once you get in the club you dont have to go to meetings unless you want to. I'm a second shift guy so can only make meetings when its for a vote or an issue like we just dealt with.

In short they do expect you to prove you want to join, not just show up once and write a check. After that and you get your key its all good.

I have to add here that as a club member I shoot during the day depending on my schedule. Some weeks a couple times and sometime not for a couple weeks, it just depends. Over the years I have gone to the club during the day and never met a soul. Had the whole place to myself or maybe just one other guy on a different range. I have seen this on weekends as well on beautifull days. I think on Mothers Day I went from 9 am to 3 pm and could count the number of folks there on one hand and 3 of those were on the skeet range.

Sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place; do you know if it is ok for a member to bring visitors to the range? I'd like to go shooting there once or twice as a visitor to see if it is someplace that I'm interested in joining.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place; do you know if it is ok for a member to bring visitors to the range? I'd like to go shooting there once or twice as a visitor to see if it is someplace that I'm interested in joining.

Yes you can. I believe it's only supposed to be once but if it were a couple times I can't see anyone complaining. It's an honor system and if your trying to recruit a new member it's a good thing.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Whatever pitch or proposal was given was ineffective.

Sounded like in the first post because Appleseed did or lacked something. Still unclear, but it still sounds that way. But difficult to determind from the lack of detail. Were you meaning to disparge Appleseed?

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Appleseed Feedback

I've dealt with Appleseed at MCFG and I was very impressed with their professionalism, safety, and results. Dave G. and his crew have done an excellent job at our range. While I can't speak for the specific situation at Wildcat, MCFG has an exceptionally good impression of these dedicated volunteers.

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    It has always seemed to me that Wildcat "walks to their own beat"... which is putting it way too lightly, and frankly way too politely.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sounded like in the first post because Appleseed did or lacked something. Still unclear, but it still sounds that way. But difficult to determind from the lack of detail. Were you meaning to disparge Appleseed?

What detail do you want? Appleseed approached WCRPC. It wasn't accepted by the board and the club's membership. Whatever the approach was, it didn't work.

I am not disparaging Appleseed.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What detail do you want? Appleseed approached WCRPC. It wasn't accepted by the board and the club's membership. Whatever the approach was, it didn't work.

I am not disparaging Appleseed.

What about their pitch was ineffective? The post you made sounded like they were not reasonable or appropriate in their pitch. Did you hear the pitch? How was the pitch ineffective? Perhaps the host was not receptive?

With the club not allowing a match they agreed to host to happen, and having heard a couple of appleseed presentations in person as an officer of a club. I give the benefit of the doubt to Appleseed, unless you have some information to say otherwise and your original comment sure suggested that. Or can you otherwise explain your comment about they could have done things differently?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    wildcat has requirements for outside groups to have events at their range. one requirement is the membership must approve.

The multigun people annouced a match without the approval of the membership? Really? They went out and scheduled sponsors and annouced a match just assuming the membership was in agreement????

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Wildcat as a club did not cancel the multi gun match, the persons charged with administering the match decided to cancel it because they did not like a rules change.. the match could have been held under the rule change, and they could have just asked that they could have asked that the rules be changed back at the next meeting, which did happen..
    The match people choose to cancel the match..

When Appleseed approached Wildcat they presented something that had more to do with politics than shooting sports, it did not sit well with enough members to get a positive vote.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Wildcat as a club did not cancel the multi gun match, the persons charged with administering the match decided to cancel it because they did not like a rules change.. the match could have been held under the rule change, and they could have just asked that they could have asked that the rules be changed back at the next meeting, which did happen..
    The match people choose to cancel the match..

When Appleseed approached Wildcat they presented something that had more to do with politics than shooting sports, it did not sit well with enough members to get a positive vote.
    Why would the rules be changed at one meeting and changed back at another? What was the rules change?

Top Bottom