• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    It is with much regret that I must inform you that the 2011 Indiana State Multigun Championship must be cancelled. Due to the host club, Wildcat Rifle and Pistol Club's administration changing certain polices, their prior agreement with the match staff is now null and void. It is our feeling that we will not be able to provide you with the caliber of match that you expect, and the type of match experience that we would like to provide.
    We will be doing everything in our power to ensure that we are able to bring a regional-level Multigun match to Indiana in the near future, either at Wildcat or at an alternate facility.

It goes without saying that you should cancel all travel arrangements and hotel reservations for this match, at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, know that we are doing our best to ensure that all competitors have as much notice as possible of this cancellation.

Sincerely,
    Indiana Multigun Staff

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As a member of the putative host range, I hope you can do this again some time in the future.

On the selfish side it is REALLY nice to able to use the club that I pay for!

Best wishes to your program.:)

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm sorry to hear that the Wildcat club rules got changed, making it all but impossible for IN Multigun to host the state match. I know how hard your team worked, and I know if there was any way that the match could have been salvaged, you would have done it.

Thanks to the IN Multigun crew for all the work that they've done to put on other great matches in the state for all of us to enjoy. Hopefully this situation is a small bump in the road that we can all learn from.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I suppose the MD and Chair will have more to say or not, but the rules were not changed. It was an end run of sorts attempted by some of those who wanted to kill this match and mulitgun along with a few other sports. IMO. It was shut down but too late to save the match.
    Being a private club there are a few who want no other sports or even no other members to interfere with their exclusive use of the club.

Its a condition that has existed for years as an internal struggle and hopefully its been niped in the bud. Again.

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    Could you clarify for non-members what rule change was made at Wildcat? I'm just curious if it would create a hardship for Steel Challenge and USPSA also.

The main rule that kills multigun at Wildcat is that no rifle rounds can be shot into the side berms - we decided that we could not host a quality match only firing rifle into the rear berm so we cancelled the 2011 Indiana Multigun Championships. The rule has been overlooked for the club matches in the past and we "thought" we were fine for the INMG Championship but someone that's not very experienced with firearms decided it needs to be in place at all times. I could say a lot regarding this but I'll hold my comments :) Wildcat was always considered one of the best clubs in Indiana but now they're headed in the wrong direction and it's very sad... I understand the members not wanting to increase club membership or get word out that Wildcat is an amazing club to draw in more funds for things that the club is lacking but oh well... I hope to see shooting sports flourish at Wildcat but until some changes are made to the BOD we'll not see it.

Good luck Wildcat members... I'll come back to help put on the 2012 Indiana Multigun Championships but a lot will have to change to earn back my trust.

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Sorry to hear the bad news. I have shot at Wildcat in the past & their multi gun matches were awesome! I wanted to shoot there this year, but never got the chance to. Sounds like they are having the same problem as my club. One person with no clue, making rules / changes & negatively affecting the shooting sports. We need to help grow our shooting sports not hold them back.

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    Yeah it would have really been nice to see Wildcat get some additional funding from the NRA through new programs for shooting sports this year with the help of our INMG Championship. A new clubhouse and more land would be a nice addition to the club if they wanted to grow... Not sure growing is in their vocabulary.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    So is the USPSA pistol program still alive for the rest of the year?

My question is similar except I am interested in the IDPA program. Several years ago I started shooting IDPA and found WV to be a wonderfull club. That was the last year IDPA was offered there and I had to find other clubs for the sport. The other clubs I found are also great but WV has one big thing going for me, it is at least 30 miles closer than any other club. I was overjoyed when the IDPA program was brought back and have been shooting there as much as I can, unfortunatly not as much as I would like.
    The people I have met there are great and don't even mind an old man from Illinois comming over to shoot. I hope things work out for all the sports being shot there. Jim.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I know its tough for those who dont live close but for anyone considering joining the club it would be great for yourself and the club if you did. IF we had a bunch of SHOOTERS join the club and make their wishes known maybe we could push the club in a new direction. One of being more friendly to hosting matches and trying to increase participation in the shooting sports.
    You wont find a better facility within 100 miles or more.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    IDPA will still be going at wildcat. 3 gun will probably still be held there..
    but this a good lesson that there is more to having a range than just paying dues.
    most clubs are non for profits that each member is a shareholder. and they are run in a very democratic way, those who show up to the meetings get to vote..
    the "administration" does not always call the shots..

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I know its tough for those who dont live close but for anyone considering joining the club it would be great for yourself and the club if you did. IF we had a bunch of SHOOTERS join the club and make their wishes known maybe we could push the club in a new direction. One of being more friendly to hosting matches and trying to increase participation in the shooting sports.
    You will wont find a better facility within 100 miles or more.

Maybe it's a little too soon for the "silver lining" speech, but I hope that what happened here encourages people to join their local club and to represent the sports that they're passionate about on the club's BOD.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Maybe it's a little too soon for the "silver lining" speech, but I hope that what happened here encourages people to join their local club and to represent the sports that they're passionate about on the club's BOD.

If we want to have places to shoot matches this is exactly what has to happen.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I could say a lot regarding this but I'll hold my comments :) Wildcat was always considered one of the best clubs in Indiana but now they're headed in the wrong direction and it's very sad... QUOTE]

I am a member there although I have seriously considered whether or not I want to continue. It really IS one of the best facilies in Indiana. But they have "issues". In addition to the current multi gun issue, they were extremely rude to the Appleseed representative that came to offer that venue there. It is the ONE facility that I know of that has extended less than an overwhelmingly warm welcome to Appleseed-- much to their discredit.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

If we want to have places to shoot matches this is exactly what has to happen.

How much is the annual membership there? It might be worth adding to my list if my vote could help.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How much is the annual membership there? It might be worth adding to my list if my vote could help.

$100 per year, plus a work requirement of 12 hours that can be logged as work done or billed at $10 per hour. They also have a one time initiation fee-- not sure what that is currently.

Top Bottom