• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Suby you are correct. In reading on the 2nd Brigagde (the one for NW Indiana) they (Indiana Guard) support the Indiana Armories when the Indiana National Guard are called to active duty and/or are not at the Armories. In essence they handle the daily operations of the armories (whatever those may be) when the fighting men (those who will be armed and on the front lines) are not at home.

As such that is probably why the out of shape of some of the members. No offense to them but it's probably more important for them to know how to operate the armory then by in good shape. I guess you can think of the Indiana Guard sort of like that group that Hitler used to defend Berlin at the end of the war (little kids and old men and anyone else that could hold a gun).

NOTE I AM NOT SAYING THET THE INDIANA GUARD IS LIKE ANY TYPE OF NAZI GROUP BUT THAT THE INDIANA GUARD IS REALLY THE LAST FORMAL DEFENSE FOR INDIANA. AFTER THEM IT'S THE GENERAL INDIANA POPULATION FORMING UP IN WHATEVER SHAPE WAY OR FORM.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Suby you are correct. In reading on the 2nd Brigagde (the one for NW Indiana) they (Indiana Guard) support the Indiana Armories when the Indiana National Guard are called to active duty and/or are not at the Armories. In essence they handle the daily operations of the armories (whatever those may be) when the fighting men (those who will be armed and on the front lines) are not at home.

As such that is probably why the out of shape of some of the members. No offense to them but it's probably more important for them to know how to operate the armory then by in good shape. I guess you can think of the Indiana Guard sort of like that group that Hitler used to defend Berlin at the end of the war (little kids and old men and anyone else that could hold a gun).

NOTE I AM NOT SAYING THET THE INDIANA GUARD IS LIKE ANY TYPE OF NAZI GROUP BUT THAT THE INDIANA GUARD IS REALLY THE LAST FORMAL DEFENSE FOR INDIANA. AFTER THEM IT'S THE GENERAL INDIANA POPULATION FORMING UP IN WHATEVER SHAPE WAY OR FORM.

seems like a good analogy.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    iam in the guard and have seen the indiana guard reserved. its not a combat unit. they are more for paper work and helping the national guard getting ready for deployments. there mostly retired or prior service military... and for a good read. try the book against all enemies. cant remember the author. but its about idaho calling up its national guard to get rid of all federal agencies in idaho. makes for an interesting story and of course its fiction

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    The IGR is not a fully trained and armed militia. They are more of a formality than anything.... We do need a fully functional, trained and armed organized militia.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The IGR is not a fully trained and armed militia. They are more of a formality than anything.... We do need a fully functional, trained and armed organized militia.

For every combat soldier you need a whole host of other personnel to command, administrate & supply that combat soldier, it's said that the rear echelon is just as important to the success of a campaign as the men fighting on the front lines.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    For every combat soldier you need a whole host of other personnel to command, administrate & supply that combat soldier, it's said that the rear echelon is just as important to the success of a campaign as the men fighting on the front lines.

its said. but its not true. **** on fobbits.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Fobbits?? OH, I see my age is showing, we called them REMFs. Sorry bud without those in support roles, we would never have had supplies, food, ammo medical care, things of that nature.

When you have matured, you will understand that the world only revolves around you if you are fully supplied and supported. Without support, you become a kid in the middle of a foreign desert with nothing to eat or drink and no one to call for help.

Thats ok though, you are supposed to think you are invinsible and indestructible right now, I know I did.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Fobbits?? OH, I see my age is showing, we called them REMFs. Sorry bud without those in support roles, we would never have had supplies, food, ammo medical care, things of that nature.

When you have matured, you will understand that the world only revolves around you if you are fully supplied and supported. Without support, you become a kid in the middle of a foreign desert with nothing to eat or drink and no one to call for help.

Thats ok though, you are supposed to think you are invinsible and indestructible right now, I know I did.
    REMF...had to think about it for a second, but i like it. its something i might be able to revive. and i realize theyre important. but not as important. ;)

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    ha. same people, same sense of entitlement. i just refuse to look at someone as an equal when i leave my **** hole fob and go to places like anaconda and see them swimming in pools, eating burger king, and watching movies in an actual movie theater. when you reap all the benefits of a combat zone, and go home and tell people you were here, but never actually stepped foot on iraqi soil, never actually fought, bled, fired your weapon, or otherwise participated in war, youre not vested the same way i am. if you fetched the colonel chow for a year, you dont deserve a combat patch.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Hmmm seems I never encounter either of those references although we did use POG.

And yes, I had to look them up lol.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    pog is still in use. i tend to not use it though, seeing as where i came from, im now one...anaconda/joint base balad is sometimes called pogadishu.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    ha. same people, same sense of entitlement. i just refuse to look at someone as an equal when i leave my **** hole fob and go to places like anaconda and see them swimming in pools, eating burger king, and watching movies in an actual movie theater. when you reap all the benefits of a combat zone, and go home and tell people you were here, but never actually stepped foot on iraqi soil, never actually fought, bled, fired your weapon, or otherwise participated in war, youre not vested the same way i am. if you fetched the colonel chow for a year, you dont deserve a combat patch.

Understand your frustration with us "fobbits" who didn't fight, bleed, or fire our weapons and all, 'cause I'll be the first to admit that I'm a 98/35 series puke who didn't leave the FOB. Oh yeah, I reaped the benefits of a combat zone. I got to leave my family for a year. Enjoyed every minute and every mile from Kuwait to Tikrit in a hillbilly armored Humvee. Loved it when I saw my buddy evac'd to Anaconda, minus his legs below the knees. Those were tears of joy that I was in the firing party for my CO and XO's memorial service. Yup, love them benefits. BTW, when you get a chance, look up SGT Amanda Pinson. She was one of the Soldiers who relieved my section in Iraq. Another "fobbit" like me, except she got a far different flight home, one that landed at Dover AFB.

You're right, we're not vested the same way you are. And there's plenty of fobbits who were dirtbags and will tell the stories like they personally won the Battle of Fallujah. But remember that most of us did our jobs keeping you in beans, bullets, and bad guys to roll up. I didn't choose my MOS because it would keep me out of firefights, I chose it because I do more good finding the hajis than I do kicking down doors.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Hey, Colonels need to eat too and you don't really expect them to fetch their own chow do you ;)

Haldir's bluffing, he has ramake breath and wouldn't dare step foot in a country with Sharia, Law :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    if you fetched the colonel chow for a year, you dont deserve a combat patch.

That's why you get the CIB and the rest don't. Then again, I know some 11B's who came back with none while a bunch of POGs earned CAB's. Scouts, MP's, and even truck drivers earned their patches and badges.

POG is just a name used by Bravo's who wished they were Marines.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Guys, this is starting to sound like some are taking it personally. Teasing good-naturedly is one thing, but there are some strong words going back and forth, and I don't see it going anywhere good.

I'm not a mod here. I will, however, suggest that you all remember that you all swore the same oath to defend our country and our Constitution. Does it really matter what your MOS or your service uniform color is? Rather than focus on differences, let's focus on our similarities: We are all Americans. You all wear or wore the uniform of your country with pride, distinction, and honor.

And I frankly do not give a sh!t what service you signed into, I salute you all, every one. God bless you. :patriot:

Bill

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Guys, this is starting to sound like some are taking it personally. Teasing good-naturedly is one thing, but there are some strong words going back and forth, and I don't see it going anywhere good.

I'm not a mod here. I will, however, suggest that you all remember that you all swore the same oath to defend our country and our Constitution. Does it really matter what your MOS or your service uniform color is? Rather than focus on differences, let's focus on our similarities: We are all Americans. You all wear or wore the uniform of your country with pride, distinction, and honor.

And I frankly do not give a sh!t what service you signed into, I salute you all, every one. God bless you. :patriot:

Bill

:+1: Remember it's all for the Red, White & Blue :patriot:

Top Bottom