• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    REMF...had to think about it for a second, but i like it. its something i might be able to revive. and i realize theyre important. but not as important. ;)

Question: Which leg in a three legged stool is most important?

When you truly grok the answer to that question, you will understand why your statement above is full of fail.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    OK, fine back on topic, I still know CSM Morris and have his contact info if anyone is interested. He keeps trying to recruit me and I told him my wife would kill us both if I sign up for one more thing right now.

He gave me a Col's name who is a recruiter, I think it is Col Bragg, cfbragg@iquest.net from their web site.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Defend from what? How about defend what? The Constitution of the State of Indiana. If the Federal Constitutional rights are suspended for any reason our rights as Citizens of the State of Indiana will revert to the State Constitution. If that were to ever happen I am sure that we would be defending it.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    For support roles we had what was called "mobility" they geared up supplies, moved gear and had a support role (logistics). Mobility personnel consisted of airmen, noncommissioned officers and commissioned officers who were responsible for these operations and they were active duty. Heck even I worked in mobility from time to time and I was a cop!

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    im sorry for your friends, but those stories are few and far between when you consider those that leave the wire every day. you can sit there and say youre as important sitting in front of a computer monitor as i am kicking in doors all day, youll never convince me. INRanger, i dont eat fob food. i get it mailed, buy it from the px when i get to to go a real base, or eat off the economy. our food is awful.

dburkhead-depending on how someone sits on that stool, one leg will have to bear more weight. that leg is me.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    dburkhead-depending on how someone sits on that stool, one leg will have to bear more weight. that leg is me.

And we see that you do not grok the question. But I'm not going to pursue it here since we've been asked to get back on topic.

Specter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Indiana state laws/codes divides the militia into two groups: the paid National Guard and the unpaid sedentary militia. The Indiana sedentary militia (ISM) has always been in existence. There has now been a renewal of intrest in training with like minded individuals in the event we ever had to defend our homes, our towns, our counties or our state.

If you are not in the Guard, Reserves or active duty you are by default in the ISM. The only real decision you have is whether or not you choose to train now with time on your side, or on a steep learning curve when the SHTF.

I am a team leader in the ISM 63rd Btn in Hendricks county and I welcome any questions you may have. Our website is shown below.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Indiana state laws/codes divides the militia into two groups: the paid National Guard and the unpaid sedentary militia. The Indiana sedentary militia (ISM) has always been in existence. There has now been a renewal of intrest in training with like minded individuals in the event we ever had to defend our homes, our towns, our counties or our state.

If you are not in the Guard, Reserves or active duty you are by default in the ISM. The only real decision you have is whether or not you choose to train now with time on your side, or on a steep learning curve when the SHTF.

I am a team leader in the ISM 63rd Btn in Hendricks county and I welcome any questions you may have. Our website is shown below.
    Again I ask you.
    Never mind double post I got your answer

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    Already got it.

Indiana Guard Reserve

Generally, it is made up of prior service soldiers, but they also take those with no military service at all.

Not really.
    Here's where we already got it:

Indiana Constitution:

ARTICLE 12.

Militia.

Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons
    over the age of seventeen (17) years
    , except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.
    (History: As Amended November 3, 1936; November 5, 1974).

Section 2. The Governor is Commander-in-Chief of the militia and
    other military forces of this state.
    (History: As Amended November 5, 1974).

Section 3. There shall be an Adjutant General, who shall be
    appointed by the Governor.

Section 4. No person, conscientiously opposed to bearing arms,
    shall be compelled to do so in the militia.

Section 5.
    (History: Repealed November 5, 1974).

Section 6.
    (History: Repealed November 5, 1974).

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    Oh, I might add, here too is where we got it:

United States Code
    TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
    SUBTITLE A - GENERAL MILITARY LAW
    PART I - ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL MILITARY POWERS
    CHAPTER 13 - THE MILITIA

U.S. Code as of: 01/19/04 Section 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are -

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

truss1010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    This issue is of the utmost importance due to the event of what one could basically describe as a "Federalization" of the national guard. Again, I cannot reiterate this enough, we all need to unite as a people right now. We no longer need petty distinctions to argue over. Not that it is much of a problem on this forum, as pretty much everybody is cool. A great thing, indeed, especially considering the idiocy that goes on elsewhere.

Guys, another brilliant fact about this idea, one that I believe anyway, is the importance of this state to the occultic international elite; therefore, we really need to defend this state no matter what happens. I will not get into specifics, but let me just state that this area, especially around Indy, has an "eerie" resonance about it. Begin with this idea--The base word of our state is Diana, and yes that is as in the Goddess Diana. And the enormous Obelisk tower in circle center in Indy. If this has sparked the curiosity of the individual reading this, research the topics I just mentioned and their relation to this state and area.

Think!

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    This issue is of the utmost importance due to the event of what one could basically describe as a "Federalization" of the national guard. Again, I cannot reiterate this enough, we all need to unite as a people right now. We no longer need petty distinctions to argue over. Not that it is much of a problem on this forum, as pretty much everybody is cool. A great thing, indeed, especially considering the idiocy that goes on elsewhere.

Guys, another brilliant fact about this idea, one that I believe anyway, is the importance of this state to the occultic international elite; therefore, we really need to defend this state no matter what happens. I will not get into specifics, but let me just state that this area, especially around Indy, has an "eerie" resonance about it. Begin with this idea--The base word of our state is Diana, and yes that is as in the Goddess Diana. And the enormous Obelisk tower in circle center in Indy. If this has sparked the curiosity of the individual reading this, research the topics I just mentioned and their relation to this state and area.

Think!

Talk to me Truss,

I thought the "base word" of Indiana was Indian as in Injun; though I could be wrong.

I'm not sure about your Obelisk, but I do get a good feeling around the Soldiers and Sailors Monument, but if you really want to feel some hallowed ground, stand in the rotunda of the War Memorial and look up.:popcorn:

zimzum

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Chesterfield

I don't disagree.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If you guys are really serious about "upholding and defending", I can walk you in to a local Guard/Reserve/Active recruiter anytime.

Don't play pretend soldier, go be a real one...

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    If you guys are really serious about "upholding and defending", I can walk you in to a local Guard/Reserve/Active recruiter anytime.

Don't play pretend soldier, go be a real one...

This argument fails on several levels.

First, many of the folk wanting to "uphold and defend" are already veterans. They've done the Guard/Reserve/Active route already.

Second, joining the military/guard/reserve is no guarantee of being "on the side of the angels" when it comes to upholding and defending the Constitution. Consider New Orleans. The order was given to confiscate firearms and they just did it. To the best of my knowledge nobody said to this unconstitutional order (violation of 4--probable cause for warrants for search and seizure, 2 naturally, and 5--due process for deprivation of property or just compensation for confiscation "for the public good") "No, that's an unlawful order." They just did it. While maybe the military would mostly be "the good guys" (I really want to believe that since most of the people I know in the military are definitely on that side of things) but can you be sure that you'll be assigned to a unit that is? It's a lot easier to walk away form a "citizen militia" that oversteps the Constitution than from government run military units.

Third, I dispute that the situation is so binary--that one should either join the military or do nothing. Is there really no room for folk to contribute to Admiral Yamamoto's "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass" that falls somewhere between being a gunowner and actually joining the military? Or are we limited to a position reminiscent of Goering's "If anyone wants to own weapons let him join the SA or SS where his use of weapons can serve the state?"

Finally, I would like to point out that the Swamp Fox's irregulars, the ancestors of the Army Rangers, was a citizen militia. And that is just one of the many successful militia units in US history.

Top Bottom