• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Actually, it's not. And TT doesn't have facts, just raw suspicion.

If it wasn't for Rokita and a guy I really wanted to see become Sheriff of Johnson County, I would have stayed in the democrat primary. As it was, a lot of democrats selected a democrat ballot and the Congressional race was one of the reasons.
    Suspicion till theirs proof like dems voting in place of dead dems.
    Plenty of Democrats talk about voting in the Republican primaries. It's not even hidden so theres the proof. Donnelly had no opponent. I would bet my home that many many many Democrats crossed over

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Meh, Trump was a dem. He has done us well since he grew up smarter.

This guy may have been a dem, but gave them up for the better party. One that doesn't want to take our 2A.
    He has till November to do some REAL convincing. Frankly I doubt enough Democrats will vote for Donnelly to keep him in office. They are tired of him playing the Democrat games and the ones with brains know trump is actualy helping the country. And most every issue he uses showing he voted against his party is an issue or vote they were gonna lose anyways and gave their caucus permission to do if they were up for elections. Come on Joe, we know this game

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Plenty of Democrats talk about voting in the Republican primaries. It's not even hidden so theres the proof. Donnelly had no opponent. I would bet my home that many many many Democrats crossed over

In the local paper today by a reporter interviewing voters at the poling places...

"****, who said he will support U.S. Sen. Joe Donnelly in the general election, said he came to vote Tuesday for the Republican he considered the weakest in the field among the three — Todd Rokita, Luke Messer and Mike Braun, giving Donnelly the best chance of winning in the fall."

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    He has till November to do some REAL convincing. Frankly I doubt enough Democrats will vote for Donnelly to keep him in office. They are tired of him playing the Democrat games and the ones with brains know trump is actualy helping the country. And most every issue he uses showing he voted against his party is an issue or vote they were gonna lose anyways and gave their caucus permission to do if they were up for elections. Come on Joe, we know this game
    But he's driving a bus....across Indiana! No politician has ever done that before. That makes him legit!:rolleyes:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    In the local paper today by a reporter interviewing voters at the poling places...

"****, who said he will support U.S. Sen. Joe Donnelly in the general election, said he came to vote Tuesday for the Republican he considered the weakest in the field among the three — Todd Rokita, Luke Messer and Mike Braun, giving Donnelly the best chance of winning in the fall."
    yep, see they dont even hide it, that's why I'm surprised Alpo said I dont have proof or facts or whatever word he used. Uh, your own crew provides the facts. Same as they admit voting multiple times and other illegal voting stuff. They arent smart, they are just criminals and they dont get prosecuted. Winning is easy if you always cheat.
    We need to change the law in Indiana to lock in primary voters to a specific party.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was in Rokita's district for a few years. I recognize what a bad penny he is. I didn't vote for Braun, but he has to be better than Todd whose ambition is only exceeded by his ego.

His ambition was what gave me pause for Rokita, but I decided that, at least what he says, is closer to what I want. So I guess if I just see him as a vote in the Senate for things I want done, that's really the best I can hope for. Character is dead in politics.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    His ambition was what gave me pause for Rokita, but I decided that, at least what he says, is closer to what I want. So I guess if I just see him as a vote in the Senate for things I want done, that's really the best I can hope for. Character is dead in politics.
    Ive met the man, and he is as close to what I would want in a Senator as I’ve seen. I voted for him, but it looks as if a large number of D’s came out to vote for Braun, so come November, the D’s get a seat, either way. I don’t see Braun standing with the Republicans at all.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I can understand your position. At my age, character matters most.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've been an election pole worker too alpo

Please tell me you meant "poll". "Poll"workers confirm identity and address, explain how the machine works, etc. "Pole" worker, that's something different. Pole worker got a hard hat and a safety harness. What did you think I meant, INGO??!!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Serious note, I'd like to see voting on the D or R ballot numbers in previous primaries. 2008 had Operation Chaos with R's voting for the Hildbeast to drag out the D's. The R's are just late to the game, I remember cross-overs in the 76 Primary to drag it out for Ford, and that was people changing their party affiliation (non-open primary).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Please tell me you meant "poll". "Poll"workers confirm identity and address, explain how the machine works, etc. "Pole" worker, that's something different. Pole worker got a hard hat and a safety harness. What did you think I meant, INGO??!!

That's not all a pole worker is. Who are we to judge? :dunno:

TT may work the pole like a pro.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I voted Rokita because he seemed the most pro gun of the group.
    the wife voted Braun, I told her she had to vote like her husband because Hillary said so... she didn’t seem impressed by that reasoning.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Maybe I'm a little naive, but is that a widespread stategy that D voters use?

During the 08 primaries I voted for Hillary. :) Rush urged republicans to cross over and vote in teh D primary to keep Hillary fracturing the party LONG after Obama should have won..as early on they were doing it for McCain to keep him going(I believe it was McCain).

D's were PISSED and screaming about it...but we have a mayor of Columbus now ONLY because D's crossed over and voted for a RINO...so I believe its a common strategy of theirs...especially in heavy Conservative areas(and for Braun...maybe in heavily D areas...dunno, but I can see that).

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Maybe if one of the candidates had appealed more to "Republicans", more "Republicans" would have come out to vote for that person. Only around 400,000 voted in this election, that is only about 36% of the total that voted in the 2016 Republican primary.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Well, there's another type of pole worker, and I must admit that is where my mind went...

Top Bottom