• ...and so much more!
  • dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    22% reporting and Braun out to a healthy lead. He has 42% Rokita at 30% and Messer at 28%.

I wonder how many D voters grabbed a R ballot again this year to pull the whole vote for the worst routine again.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If braun wins that totaly took my by surprise and it's even more proof that people are rejecting the status quo party leadership of the Republican party because they keep ignoring THE PEOPLE and working against the President.
    Shape up rinos or you will all be out of a job.
    Braun had lots of personal money. If he gets elected he better not betray the people who voted for him. I'm not saying I think braun is legit but his message tried to make people believe he was pro trump and anti establishment.
    Can braun beat the established dud Donnelly? I dont know but I wont be voting for any dirty Democrat

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m curious. Did braun really appeal to Trumpers? It might be a barometer of sorts. If it’s mostly GOP squishes voting for him that might be bad for Trump supporters. But braun really seemed to want to establish himself as the Trump candidate early. So if it’s the Trumpers putting him ahead that says something. But then it could be democrats helping who they think is the weakest candidate win:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Braun is a lifelong democrat, what's the difference.

One thing to know about Southern Indiana, these aren't your Bloomington/Indianapolis/Gary/South Bend democrats. The 9th District has been sending R's to Washington after that old fossil Lee Hamilton retired. A lot of registered democrats are from the non-open primary days. You have 12 candidates running for Sheriff with a D after their name and 2 or 3 R's.

My Dad changed his party affiliation after Slick Willie got in the White House as did my Grandmother. Dad is so conservative he makes me look like I'm hanging out at the Kennedy Compound or with Governor Moonbeam on the Left-Coast.

I didn't vote for Braun this morning, but don't lump the D's at that end of the State in with the 4 blue counties. There is a whole lot of Indiana south of Bloomington and north of the Ohio River.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I’m curious. Did braun really appeal to Trumpers? It might be a barometer of sorts. If it’s mostly GOP squishes voting for him that might be bad for Trump supporters. But braun really seemed to want to establish himself as the Trump candidate early. So if it’s the Trumpers putting him ahead that says something. But then it could be democrats helping who they think is the weakest candidate win:
    Yes he appealed to some trumpers. Not this one. But you also have Democrats that crossed over to vote in the Republican primary for braun because they think he is the weakest against Donnelly

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Hmmm. Seems as though Braun ran an effective campaign. "Lumping" Rokita and Messer together as swamp worked. I didn't vote for Braun today but will likely in November.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yep it is

I voted for the first time ever today, and I was kind of surprised to see how easy it would be to vote in the other side's primary. It just seems kind of cheap to me.

I think I read on INGO somewhere that that was Braun's defense for voting Democrat up until 2012 or some such? Hopefully that's true, otherwise Braun will be a like a Richard Lugar 2.0, except maybe worse...

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Yes he appealed to some trumpers. Not this one. But you also have Democrats that crossed over to vote in the Republican primary for braun because they think he is the weakest against Donnelly

I agree with you. I think the Democrats crossed over and voted for Braun because they think Donnelly couldn't beat Messer or Rokita. I voted for Messer, he has served our area well and he's a true conservative. I also think Rokita is a true conservative. I worry about Braun. Don't know much about him and that scares me. Messer and Rokita kind of split their votes and in my opinion Braun was able to take advantage of that and get some Dems to help push across the finish line. Now someone please tell me that I shouldn't be worried about Braun and why? :nailbite:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yep it is

Actually, it's not. And TT doesn't have facts, just raw suspicion.

If it wasn't for Rokita and a guy I really wanted to see become Sheriff of Johnson County, I would have stayed in the democrat primary. As it was, a lot of democrats selected a democrat ballot and the Congressional race was one of the reasons.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Meh, Trump was a dem. He has done us well since he grew up smarter.

This guy may have been a dem, but gave them up for the better party. One that doesn't want to take our 2A.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One thing to know about Southern Indiana, these aren't your Bloomington/Indianapolis/Gary/South Bend democrats. The 9th District has been sending R's to Washington after that old fossil Lee Hamilton retired. A lot of registered democrats are from the non-open primary days. You have 12 candidates running for Sheriff with a D after their name and 2 or 3 R's.

My Dad changed his party affiliation after Slick Willie got in the White House as did my Grandmother. Dad is so conservative he makes me look like I'm hanging out at the Kennedy Compound or with Governor Moonbeam on the Left-Coast.

I didn't vote for Braun this morning, but don't lump the D's at that end of the State in with the 4 blue counties. There is a whole lot of Indiana south of Bloomington and north of the Ohio River.

There'd be a lot more if you smoothed it out like northern IN. :)

Top Bottom