• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    One report I read said that the wife went to police after she was threatened. I guess between that, his history and what happened in Newtown, they were just being careful. The wife must of had visible signs for him to be charged with domestic battery and if he waved a gun at her, there is your felony intimidation. I guess like in all domestic cases, they tend to believe the "victim" until proven otherwise.
    Does the wife count as a witness? I never knew you had to have a witness from a third party.

You need a witness from a 3rd party. or it he said, she said

They said he had no previous record.:dunno:

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Well I guess since all we can get is reports from the media, we will have to speculate on why they went ahead and proceeded. I work in an E.R. and if someone brings in a family member and says "They are threatening to commit suicide", we automatically take their word for it and evaluate the patient for suicidal ideations. I wonder if this is the type of approach they took, better safe than sorry.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Well I guess since all we can get is reports from the media, we will have to speculate on why they went ahead and proceeded. I work in an E.R. and if someone brings in a family member and says "They are threatening to commit suicide", we automatically take their word for it and evaluate the patient for suicidal ideations. I wonder if this is the type of approach they took, better safe than sorry.

Although, this is an individuals rights, not a mental state. The "better safe than sorry", is guilty before proven innocent way of law.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Although, this is an individuals rights, not a mental state. The "better safe than sorry", is guilty before proven innocent way of law.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a standard for criminal conviction, not a standard for an arrest. All that is needed for an arrest is probable cause that someone committed the offense in question.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    "Innocent until proven guilty" is a standard for criminal conviction, not a standard for an arrest. All that is needed for an arrest is probable cause that someone committed the offense in question.

This guy is grilled before all the information is presented. You know it just as well as I do.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I hate to say it, but I think more and more of this type of thing is going to happen, and it has absolutely ZERO to do with guns, it has to do with us becoming a Godless society in this country. Plain and simple. We want to take God out of everything, and then pray to him when bad things happen.

I disagree.

Norway_zpsd28ae0f1.jpg

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Where are the witnesses though?

Laughing out loud, brother.
    They had an arrest warrant, so who cares how credible the threat?
    What the hammer, what the chain - in what furnace was thy brain?

The rule of law doesn't matter anymore - you should know that.
    Our beloved Republic has been ruined, twisted into a democracy, mob rule with no respect for the rule of law.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Indiana may start to get a bad reputation after this starts to hit the news and TV. A guy from Cedar Lake threatened to burn his wife and then go shoot up the local elementary school. Police say they found 47 weapons and ammo worth $100,000.

A sick individual trying to capitalize on the evil deeds of another mental case.

Cops: Cedar Lake Man Threatened His Own Elementary School Massacre « CBS Chicago

Nice to see he was taken care of before having a chance to do something stupid. Now, only if others took threats seriously.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Isn't it a bit of stretch to say an entire state is gonna start to get a bad rep because of one dude that is nuck'n futs?

I don't think it is a "stretch" to make that statement. Indiana now leads the nation in threats against schools since the shootings in Connecticut. We made the national news again.

Authorities crack down on copycat threats after Newtown | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

In Indiana, police have responded to threats against three separate schools, making arrests in each case. They included a Bloomington South High School student who allegedly threatened a "copycat" school shooting; police removed six guns from his home

Top Bottom