• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    The guns aren't the problem, this is..... "is a known member of the Invaders Motorcycle Gang."

Thats what I was thinking when I read it. So does that mean he is a felon or what? How does him being in a Motorcycle Club have anything to do with it? If so then fine arrest him for merely owning the guns, if not and if there is no good reason for these acusations then no charge and now he gets to have his face/name dragged thru the dirt. There better be some pretty solid evidence of him threatening such things.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Solution to problem: Don't get married. Most all girls go crazy in a bad way. You can see it in their eyes.

Did you ever stop to consider that if every woman you have ever met seems crazy, perhaps the common denominator (and the real problem) is you?

Married 24+ years here. The only crazy thing she ever did was marry me. :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Threatening to set someone on fire is classified as assault. So is threatening to shoot up a school.

No, it isn't. It might be a crime, depending on other circumstances (see Intimidation IC code), or it might not be.

First, I wouldn't trust the media to get it right if it happened to them.

Second, there's always douchebags who will say whatever they think will get the maximum rise out of people. You know, the people who can just never get enough attention. Maybe their mommy didn't hug them enough, I don't know.

Third, $100k worth? Nice.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I hate to say it, but I think more and more of this type of thing is going to happen, and it has absolutely ZERO to do with guns, it has to do with us becoming a Godless society in this country. Plain and simple. We want to take God out of everything, and then pray to him when bad things happen.

Yep,
    Plain and Simple, yet many will NEVER get it.:(

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    He didn't do anything wrong, give the guns back to him and release him.:dunno:

When you own a gun and make statements and threats like that you are not a responsible gun owner. We need to all police the irresponsible so we can maintain our rights and protect the safety of ALL. This guy crossed the line. Your attitude frankly puzzles me.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Please post the statute detailing the crime of "assault" in Indiana.

Hint: No such thing.

No, but there is battery, which is pretty much substantively the same thing.

IC 35-42-2

Also, whether the guy is dangerous or not, I have to admit, seeing the phrase 'ammunition worth $100,000' caused me to drool profusely.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN

IC 35-42-2

Also, whether the guy is dangerous or not, I have to admit, seeing the phrase 'ammunition worth $100,000' caused me to drool profusely.

They lump them in together, so I guess I was wrong. Also drooling about all that ammo.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Did you ever stop to consider that if every woman you have ever met seems crazy, perhaps the common denominator (and the real problem) is you?

Married 24+ years here. The only crazy thing she ever did was marry me. :)

I've been with my girlfriend two years. She's crazy for sure, in a good way. She used to hate guns, now she only hates ME with guns. :laugh:

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    I hate to say it, but I think more and more of this type of thing is going to happen, and it has absolutely ZERO to do with guns, it has to do with us becoming a Godless society in this country. Plain and simple. We want to take God out of everything, and then pray to him when bad things happen.

Those darn godless apes causing more problems. :rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Assault is not the same thing as battery.

Think of assault as an inchoate battery.

Point being: Indiana does not have assault.

Further point: it is within one's best interest not to threaten nobody.:D

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Well speaking from experience I can tell you that other people can make any accusation they want about you and the police will usually believe them. This is why you go to court and present this thing called "evidence". It's very feasable that this is a factual story and it's also very feasable that it's complete BS and made up by the other person in order to bring the guy down for one reason or another. We'll have to see how the court case plays out. Unfortunately the prosecutors aren't interested in the facts, just the facts that assist them with a conviction. :twocents:

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Here is the reason he was arrested.
    "Meyer was charged Saturday with four counts of felony intimidation and misdemeanor domestic battery and two counts of resisting law enforcement." This pending a court hearing.
    This article has a little more info Police: Cedar Lake man wanted to kill 'as many people as he could' at elementary school : Cedar Lake News. Also, he threatened this on Friday, the prosecutor ans Interim Sheriff decided to issue an arrest and search warrant on Sat. and it was served.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Here is the reason he was arrested.
    "Meyer was charged Saturday with four counts of felony intimidation and misdemeanor domestic battery and two counts of resisting law enforcement." This pending a court hearing.
    This article has a little more info Police: Cedar Lake man wanted to kill 'as many people as he could' at elementary school : Cedar Lake News. Also, he threatened this on Friday, the prosecutor ans Interim Sheriff decided to issue an arrest and search warrant on Sat. and it was served.

Where are the witnesses though?

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    One report I read said that the wife went to police after she was threatened. I guess between that, his history and what happened in Newtown, they were just being careful. The wife must of had visible signs for him to be charged with domestic battery and if he waved a gun at her, there is your felony intimidation. I guess like in all domestic cases, they tend to believe the "victim" until proven otherwise.
    Does the wife count as a witness? I never knew you had to have a witness from a third party.

Top Bottom