• ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I suggest volunteering at a hospital.
    Check out the maternity and the ER. Drug use plays a vital role in both departments.

My mistake.

I thought you were being a tough guy by threatening to injure anyone who would say to your face that drug use is a victimless crime. I did not realize that instead you were stating that you would take people who would say that to volunteer in the hospital.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Since alcohol harmed your child, do you want to ban alcohol? I'm asking a serious question.

FASD is a broad spectrum of issues pertaining to prenatal exposure to teratogens

Kind of like saying "arthritis"

her birth mother was in bars smoking dope and doing lines. Banning alcohol would have had no affect other than location.

banning alcohol would have had the same effect as banning gasoline so she couldn't drive to the bar/party

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Our little girl was a cocaine baby and has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

​(But I'm sure her birth mother never ever smoked pot)

I am sincerely sorry for that. I hope you are giving her a wonderful life in a safe, loving family. I really do think that providing for children by choice is among the very finest things a person can do.

The birth mother likely smoked pot, cigarettes, consumed caffeine, had sex out of wed lock and a variety of things that many reasonable people find detrimental.

People hurt children with illicit drugs, alcohol, firearms, cars, swimming pools, pets, malice and neglect. I am in favor of outlawing malice and neglect to protect the children.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    FASD is a broad grouping of issues pertaining to prenatal exposure to teratogens

Kind of like saying "arthritis"

her birth mother was in bars smoking dope and doing lines. Banning alcohol would have had no affect other than location.

banning alcohol would have had the same affect as banning gasoline so she couldn't drive to the bar/party

You're right that banning alcohol would have no effect.

Banning cocaine and marijuana also had no effect. Clearly!

I'm still wondering why you don't want to ban alcohol. There are way more lives being devastated by alcohol than hard drugs.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My mistake.

I thought you were being a tough guy by threatening to injure anyone who would say to your face that drug use is a victimless crime. I did not realize that instead you were stating that you would take people who would say that to volunteer in the hospital.

You got it right. I will. And I have.

I'm too old to deal with *******s that don't take life serious. I've worked with them and I've worked for them. Enough is enough.
    It's offensive and reckless to believe that drug use actually stays in the privacy of peoples homes. It effects everybody at some point, at sometime.

Some of the ignorant will only understand when it hits them close to home.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Banning cocaine and marijuana also had no effect. Clearly!

how many more of her would their be if it was legalized

none?
    Obviously not

she was born addicted to coke
    her first four months were a nightmare

mommy may have done coke to start labor (a common practice among them) so she was also a couple of weeks early

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You got it right. I will. And I have.

I'm too old to deal with *******s that don't take life serious. I've worked with them and I've worked for them. Enough is enough.
    It's offensive and reckless to believe that drug use actually stays in the privacy of peoples homes. It effects everybody at some point, at sometime.

Some of the ignorant will only understand when it hits them close to home.

It is not a victimless crime. It just is not.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    How many less, if alcohol were prohibited?

Dont know,
    how many less underweight babies if we banned unhealthy food.
    how many less preemies if we banned Bon bons
    Cigarettes?
    driving while pregnant?
    how many fewer fatherless children if we ban premarital sex?

where is the line drawn and who draws it is our disagreement

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It is not a victimless crime. It just is not.

A national survey found that the number of Americans who have used illicit drugs in their lifetime is over 100,000,000 (See table 1.1A). One hundred million Americans! Holy cow!!

Have they all victimized someone?

According to prohibitionist logic, YES. Everyone who has ever touched a drug is a victimizer, worthy of a jail cell. A third of the USA.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A national survey found that the number of Americans who have used illicit drugs in their lifetime is over 100,000,000 (See table 1.1A). One hundred million Americans! Holy cow!!

Have they all victimized someone?

According to prohibitionist logic, YES. Everyone who has ever touched a drug is a victimizer, worthy of a jail cell. A third of the USA.

Nearly everyone I grew up with experimented (me included) with something. I have seen all the videos and have the tee-shirts. Age of Aquarius as it was called. Many of us stopped the sillyness but a portion did not. They fell deep into the rabbit hole never to return. Took many a loved one on a hell of a ride in the fall.

I can believe the stats you list.
    Not all of those people were crack/meth/heroin users.
    Just writing laws against a behavior is not going top stop some people.
    Heck man, Murder is against the law and it does not stop.
    My issues with the current situation is the drugs of choice. The entire drug culture is not just about smoking some weed to get a buzz. The new designer drugs steal your soul. They alter your mind. It is nowhere near the same as when this whole thing hit mainstream society.
    I would ask you where we would be with out the deterrents we have in place now. I can not say better by no means.
    Worse.......who know's.

I am not a prohibitionist. I do however feel that unless we get a handle on the drug culture this will only escalate.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Nearly everyone I grew up with experimented (me included) with something. I have seen all the videos and have the tee-shirts. Age of Aquarius as it was called. Many of us stopped the sillyness but a portion did not. They fell deep into the rabbit hole never to return. Took many a loved one on a hell of a ride in the fall.

My issues with the current situation is the drugs of choice. The entire drug culture is not just about smoking some weed to get a buzz. The new designer drugs steal your soul. They alter your mind. It is nowhere near the same as when this whole thing hit mainstream society.
    I would ask you where we would be with out the deterrents we have in place now. I can not say better by no means.
    Worse.......who know's.

I am not a prohibitionist. I do however feel that unless we get a handle on the drug culture this will only escalate.

I actually do believe that one of the best things to come of making marijuana legal will be that people will not be interacting with illegal drug dealers when they buy their weed.

If you are not familiar with the situation, then that might not sound like much, but I do not think I am going out on a limb in saying that alone will greatly reduce the crime associated with marijuana use.

Church, surely you also know many your age who still smoke the occasional pot and who's lives are not a mess. I know several people your age who do, many of them experimented with a variety of substances in their youth and decided that MJ was a reasonable thing to do, while the other substances had to go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I actually do believe that one of the best things to come of making marijuana legal will be that people will not be interacting with illegal drug dealers when they buy their weed.

If you are not familiar with the situation, then that might not sound like much, but I do not think I am going out on a limb in saying that alone will greatly reduce the crime associated with marijuana use.

Yes. People are being executed for a quarter pound of weed. Weed for craps sake.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013

Worse.......who know's.

That's what happens when you throw chemicals, cleaners, OTC meds, etc. Together to get high.

Overall, I agree with CM.
    Things have certainly changed over the years, I have seen several people I went to high school with and many definitely use drugs that they didn't use to. Quite a few other people I went to school with have died recently from these new drugs.

In my old town meth use was rampant, as was heroin use. A large majority of these druggies were on welfare or food stamps or both, didn't work, and ate enough junk food and polar pops to feed a small circus. Several babies like the pic from DD, were born there it was an absolute mess.

If these people want to destroy their lives...whatever. Just not on our tax dollars. Yeah something needs to be done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what happens when you throw chemicals, cleaners, OTC meds, etc. Together to get high.

Overall, I agree with CM.
    Things have certainly changed over the years, I have seen several people I went to high school with and many definitely use drugs that they didn't use to. Quite a few other people I went to school with have died recently from these new drugs.

In my old town meth use was rampant, as was heroin use. A large majority of these druggies were on welfare or food stamps or both, didn't work, and ate enough junk food and polar pops to feed a small circus. Several babies like the pic from DD, were born there it was an absolute mess.

If these people want to destroy their lives...whatever. Just not on our tax dollars. Yeah something needs to be done.

We chased 3 family members down that rabbit hole trying to save them
    1 made it (so far) 1 is still alive but a shadow of her former self and 1 is gone. Literally.
    When you see this 1st hand, when they lie cheat and steal from you. When they turn on you like a snake when you cut them off. When you have physical altercations with them and the POS they run with this alters your perception of the "Victim-less" crime.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom