• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Eh, I don't know if I see it that clearly. I would like my elected officials to fight tooth and nail for the things I elect them for. Since nobody campaigned on the union or anti-union platform, it is hard to truly say they were elected to fight for this, but... Many believe Lincoln, for example, gained traction for his run for Presidency doing exactly this. Actually, Lincoln and others in his party jumped out a second story window to flee a vote...

I am curious what costs we are incurred because of this. Serious question.

Well... Among the costs might be the per diem pay they receive for being in the legislature, but they have said they're not taking that while they're out of the state. Nonetheless, the legislature is still attempting to meet and the various costs that go along with that are still being incurred. Additionally, the time while they're gone, some bills are still standing and waiting to be approved, and if they don't come back now, Gov. Daniels has already said he might call a special session if it's needed to complete the work of the legislature. People have to be paid for work performed. The costs continue to accrue even when the work can't be done. I agree with bwframe: They should be charged for every penny the taxpayer is being charged for their indolence. A pity that the Dems are not well known for taking personal responsibility for their actions. (That's not to say that the Republicans are much better at it.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom