• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    What is required to pass a censure in Indiana?

In Congress I believe it requires two thirds majority...

If our state is the same, therein lies the issue... They would not have the votes to censure them.

Anyone have that info?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a filibuster when the Senate discusses, at length, a specific bill; therefore, delaying further action on the bill? So, as part of the filibuster process, you would have in your example Republic Senators talking on and on and on about a bill that they don't immediately want to vote on.

Now, in WI and IN, we have representatives who have simply chosen to hide in another state and not show up to work.

I understand that both are delay tactics, but one has the Senator present and the latter does not.

Am I wrong? If so, please educate me.
    That's how a filibuster was originally suppose to work. The rule now is that if 41% of the Senate indicates they "intend" to filibuster, then the filibuster is invoked without anyone having to say anything. It's a means for the minority to block a vote.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If I didn't like doing the dirty part of my job, and decided to walk out I would be released from my duties permanantly. Too bad the same thing won't happen to these individuals. You were elected into office to do a job, like it or not, thats the job they have in front of them. Sometimes making hard decisions sucks, but that doesn't (shouldn't) make hiding allowable/acceptable. If they're not willing to voice their opinion of tough decisions, find someone else who is. I'd have their stuff packed up for them when they return.

We don't hold politicians accountable in this country. They can even have sex, commit adultery while on the job and when caught just say no I didn't and we let them go. Case in point Dirty Bill Clinton. We hold 18 year old's in the military to a higher set of moral conduct than we do those that Lord over us.

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    You were elected into office to do a job, like it or not, thats the job they have in front of them. Sometimes making hard decisions sucks, but that doesn't (shouldn't) make hiding allowable/acceptable. If they're not willing to voice their opinion of tough decisions, find someone else who is. I'd have their stuff packed up for them when they return.

I thought they were supposed to voice the opinions of the people who voted for them. :(

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    We don't hold politicians accountable in this country. They can even have sex, commit adultery while on the job and when caught just say no I didn't and we let them go. Case in point Dirty Bill Clinton. We hold 18 year old's in the military to a higher set of moral conduct than we do those that Lord over us.

An 18yr old soldier doing his duty he took an oath to do, even though he may not want to do it has more Honor than any politician that does what the Dems in WI and IN are doing.

They said they would do the job, any elected person from either party that cuts and runs should automatically be removed.

IF this is going to be the new way to react when your side doesn't win an election that represents what the people wanted then why even bother to vote or have elections? Why not just have chaos?

:tinfoil:You know bottom up, top down, and inside out. (secret code words):tinfoil:

What really disappoints me most of all is the actions of some of the politicians, what shining examples for our young people, no wonder society is on a downward slide. Look at what those who are suppossed to be running the country and setting the examples get away with, and usually suffer no punishment. This applies to both parties.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    But you see, the people who elect them are happy with such behavior. They don't care what you folks think, you won't be voting for them anyway.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I live in NWI. Maybe I will venture over the border this evening. I have an old trick that works mostly on crappy politicians. It's called the "Does this smell like chloroform?" trick. Only dem politicians are dumb enough to smell the rag. Next thing they know they are at the capitol wearing an "I'm ready to vote now!" T-shirt.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    That's how a filibuster was originally suppose to work. The rule now is that if 41% of the Senate indicates they "intend" to filibuster, then the filibuster is invoked without anyone having to say anything. It's a means for the minority to block a vote.

Thanks for the info. I honestly had not heard of such a process, but it would appear this would save time for all party members if indeed one party was going to filibuster (i.e. talk at length just to slow down the process).

I am still of the opinion that the filibuster process means a representative is present and conducting business. Where the representatives in WI and IN appear to have just "taken their ball and went home". I find it especially troubling that they have taken harbor in Democrat govenor controlled states for the sole purpose to avoid arrest or being brought back to the Statehouse to do their jobs.

I'm not the only one who sees it this way, and I would be upset regardless of the party affiliation.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post though. Always like to learn!

Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So, what's your opinion of the record number of filibusters the U.S. Senate Republicans invoked the past two years?
    My opinion is that if you want to filibuster something, you should be willing to break out the CFR and USRC and start talking. Bring a lot of water and lozenges.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I live in NWI. Maybe I will venture over the border this evening. I have an old trick that works mostly on crappy politicians. It's called the "Does this smell like chloroform?" trick. Only dem politicians are dumb enough to smell the rag. Next thing they know they are at the capitol wearing an "I'm ready to vote now!" T-shirt.

WOOHOO!!!!

Here is a list of the cowards who can't stand and do their duty they swore an oath to do.

~ Angry White Boy ~ » The missing Indiana democrats: The List

Last edited:

Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    it would appear this would save time for all party members if indeed one party was going to filibuster
    That's why the rule was changed. Unfortunately, it has had the effect of requiring a super majority to pass measures that one party finds objectionable. This is not in the Constitution.

The way it used to be was that it took only one senator to hold up the entire Senate, but those that were filibustering would actually have to talk without ceasing in order for it to have an effect. If they stopped talking, debate was over, and a measure could proceed to a vote. The streamlined process keeps small groups from holding things up, but perversely creates an incentive for the major parties to perform endless filibusters when they are in the minority.

Last edited:

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    It works something like this, the Gov tells the State Police go find em.

They get found, but they are in lets say The Peoples Republik of Illinois.

The Ind State Police doesn't have authority in Illinois to take into custody unless the Ill Gov says you do.

The Gov of the state can say why yes Trooper you have been granted the authority to remove the scum sucking politician from my state to your state.

If he doesn't then the Illinois State Police could be looking for the Indiana Trooper if he removed him anyway.

Kinda like if your arrested out of state for an Indiana warrant.

You can waive extradition and go to Indiana.

If you want to fight extradition then the Gov of Indiana envokes a Governors Warrant and the Governor of the State your in says get the suspect out of here or no you can't have him and off the court you go to fight out the extradition.

This is generally how it works, for exact details I am sure a lawyer can chime in and embarass me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso

NWI here too...the only non-Dems around here are non-FIP's! When is rendezvous time?:draw:

Top Bottom