Indiana Black Expo, what are you doing to get ready?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    2009 Black Expo: 41
    2009 Indy 500: 204

Source: IMPD

Black Expo attendance: approx. 30,000 41 arrests = .136%

Indy 500 attendance: approx. 250,000+ 204 arrests = .081%

Just sayin...

:popcorn:

EDIT: The IBE attendance is actually over 300,000, not 30,000. Jsharmon7 gets the credit for correcting me.

This makes the percentages .0136% and .081%

Not what I was expecting but if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Black Expo attendance: approx. 30,000 41 arrests = .136%

Just sayin...

:popcorn:

Plus, there are pressures from the Powers To Be to only make arrest if absolutely necessary during the BE.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sorry about that Ranger. But if I screwed up, I have to admit it. And apparently, I did screw up.:dunno:

NP, we all make mistakes, well most of us do. Anyway I still think there is a great deal of pressure to not make arrest. It prevents all the police brutality and racism claims. Anybody remember the great parking fiasco a few years back?

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    If that many people liked the blues, it would be on radio. I think there are a few stations that will play 1 hour of blues a week and most of that I don't consider blues. I like BB, John Lee Hooker, Lightnin Hopkins, Sonny Boy Williamson, Snooky Prior, etc. Bluesville is one of the major reasons I keep my xm radio. Oddly enough, it was a little white guy that got me listening to the blues when I was a dishwasher at a restaurant while in high school.

You should give The Paul Butterfield Blues Band a try.:yesway: I have not heard of Snooky Prior. I'll have to look that one up.

As far as the Blues not being played on the radio, just turn to any local Classic Rock station and it doesn't take long to here someone like Stevie Ray Vaugnan or Eric Clapton playing some straight up Blues. Might not be the specific Blues you like, but still the Blues regardless.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010

Black Expo attendance: approx. 300,000 41 arrests = .136%

• The Black Expo 2009 attendance attracted approximately 350,000 individuals over a 10 day period.

• The Indianapolis Motor Speedway seating capacity is approximately 257,000. Add the infield estimates, and its attendance range is 300,000 to 400,000, dependent upon the source.
    2009 BE: 350,000 attendance to 41 arrests = .00011

2009 500: 300,000 attendance to 204 arrests = .00068
    2009 500: 400,000 attendance to 204 arrests = .00051

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I don't like large crowds of people anyway, whether they're white, black, yellow, purple or green, so I'm staying far away from Indy for the foreseeable future.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    But what about the crimes that took place where there were no arrests?

Arrests mean :poop:.

exactly!! even the cops dont go where its not safe, they wanna go home too! I know they are "encouraged" to not make arrest unless absolutely neccessary. I have a good buddy on IMPD that fills me in quite nicely. and every cops i've heard talking OFF THE RECORD (when you get the truth) about expo hates and dreads it.

im sure theres been lots of shootings at BE over the years, reported and unreported. was it black expo afew years back when the kid shot his gun up in the air inside circle center mall to "scare off" his attackers? or was it circle city classic? either way the fool went to jail, lol.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I know im better armed and well trained, but im also not stupid. I wouldnt be caught downtown during black expo even if you paid me. i saw it first hand one time (black expo), and all that kept going through my mind was: blackhawk down

NO THANK YOU!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

JBusch8899, you constantly instigate. i speak my mind and believe what i type, but you instigate. im sure you wouldnt do it in person, even if you were wearing a security guard badge.

Did I instigate on this past occasion? Certainly.

Do I constantly instigate? No.

Can I have a wise ass attitude in person? You betcha, particularly when deserved. I would even venture to state that I would do the same to your face. Too bad, though, that I'm not a Security Guard, nor have any equipment to identify myself as such.

Do I display such attitude constantly? No.

Nice to know that you're better armed and better trained than any police officer within Indianapolis. I'm willing to go out on a limb, and make a supposition that humility is not one of your strong personality traits.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Did I instigate on this past occasion? Certainly.

Do I constantly instigate? No.

Can I have a wise ass attitude in person? You betcha, particularly when deserved. I would even venture to state that I would do the same to your face. Too bad, though, that I'm not a Security Guard, nor have any equipment to identify myself as such.

Do I display such attitude constantly? No.

Nice to know that you're better armed and better trained than any police officer within Indianapolis. I'm willing to go out on a limb, and make a supposition that humility is not one of your strong personality traits.

re-read that. your reading comprehension is as bad as my spelling. never said i was better trained (i said better armed and >> well trained. well trained, not better trained). theres former Rangers on IMPD, and I trust their training just fine.

so your confirming you did turn back in those size 20 boys security trousers, and your 2 sizes 2 small watch cap.... CHECK. how did you arrest that guy on the roof then if your not a rent a cop?? cracker jack badges dont work do they? you dont have to turn that back in, im just asking.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom