• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You may be right...but we would have to know where we would be without the masks (and other measures)...so if we have those numbers....

If only we had a time machine or parallel universe to play it out.

The universe where everyone has goatees could be the masked one.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You seem to have some delusion that everyone is complying. They clearly are not. If you go outside of Marion county you'll see this isn't the case. If you step into a gym in Marion county this isn't the case. Do you get out much? You also cannot control what people do on their own accord. I know many young people are completely ignoring the guidelines because there are no consequences.

Two out of our three church services have no mask; about three hundred people at each... about 50 attend the masked service.

I'm of the belief that masking makes a dent, but isn't perfect. (nor was it ever promised to be)

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Two out of our three church services have no mask; about three hundred people at each... about 50 attend the masked service.

I'm of the belief that masking makes a dent, but isn't perfect. (nor was it ever promised to be)

Oh it's absolutely not perfect or fool proof. An easy explanation that some doctors gave on NPR was referring to it as the "swiss cheese method" meaning that each layer of defense you provide has holes in it. Masks will not stop the spread on their own, nor will social distancing, or limiting gathering sizes, or reducing capacity limits on bars & restaurants, etc but with you layer these defenses it significantly reduces the spread. It's akin to home defense. Just having a lock on your door won't protect your home, nor will cameras, nor will a door that's pretty kick resistant, but when you layer all of these defenses you have a much higher % of deterring an intruder.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    You seem to have some delusion that everyone is complying. They clearly are not. If you go outside of Marion county you'll see this isn't the case. If you step into a gym in Marion county this isn't the case. Do you get out much? You also cannot control what people do on their own accord. I know many young people are completely ignoring the guidelines because there are no consequences.

The percentage of people wearing masks now is much, much higher than it was during the "first wave" yet the cases are several times higher than they were this spring. Anecdotally, this might indicate that mask wearing isn't terribly effective.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    The percentage of people wearing masks now is much, much higher than it was during the "first wave" yet the cases are several times higher than they were this spring. Anecdotally, this might indicate that mask wearing isn't terribly effective.

I'll call BS on this... within the past 10 days, I've traveled through towns in multiple states, made gas/pit stops, and been in non-urban towns where I've seen NOT A SINGLE MASK.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll call BS on this... within the past 10 days, I've traveled through towns in multiple states, made gas/pit stops, and been in non-urban towns where I've seen NOT A SINGLE MASK.

This is because we have had it with the BS my friend. Had it. Done. Over it.
    You are at as much or more risk in your mentioned "Travels" than from this bug.
    I will just remind everyone and you especially.....99+% survival. That means a very small percentage of those among us will succumb to this. And the rest of us have lives to live. Family's to raise. Houses to pay for Etc and so on.

This has got to stop. And now.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner

The solution and problem of Covid-19 are hidden in the two above comments

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hopefully with President Biden in charge and a vindicated Governor Holcomb, we can get a real lockdown. No one out of their house for 2 weeks. Any violators shot on sight. We might be able to actually make progress against this deadly plague. People need to take this seriously. We have already lost over half of our country to this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hopefully with President Biden in charge and a vindicated Governor Holcomb, we can get a real lockdown. No one out of their house for 2 weeks. Any violators shot on sight. We might be able to actually make progress against this deadly plague. People need to take this seriously. We have already lost over half of our country to this.

Yup. Piles and piles of body's.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

I call BS on you're having not seen a single person wearing a mask. The probability of that being true is exactly 0.

I don't know where you're travelling or what establishments you're frequenting, but in two Indy donut counties in which I am out and about, I would say 90% of people are wearing masks. Maybe people are now starting to call BS on the "science" of mask wearing because most people are now wearing them and we are now seeing huge increases in case loads in spite of this.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Yes, and we are sick of it. We have more cases of it at my work now than we did when we didn't wear masks. We were forced to start wearing them this summer, even before the mandate.

I'm going to just throw this out here again because many of you seem to gloss over it.

Wearing a mask at a store or workplace doesn't equal wearing a mask outside of those places. All these people complaining about wearing masks are certainly not wearing them at other gatherings that don't require it. There are many many places that aren't enforcing it and have large gatherings of people inside a small area.

If you have a group of 10 people over I bet you aren't making them wear masks. This notion of numbers are going up so masks don't work is dumbfounding. You could only say this with certainty if you had observed every new covid case and verified that they indeed were in an environment where everyone was wearing masks and seeing as you cannot do that, you have no proof or legitimacy to claim that numbers going up means masks don't work.

I've gone into restaurants where the people in the kitchen aren't wearing them and the person taking the order takes theirs off to talk. That right there completely negates even wearing them. Masks won't be as effective if everyone isn't participating. It's a pretty simple concept to grasp.

I'm sorry if you're "sick of it."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Daughter just called. They are closing down the grandsons' school until the end of November now. Personally I think it will be much longer.

Top Bottom