• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Did our legislature ever meet to discuss whether he should continue or not? Maybe my anger should be directed at different people, then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could direct that anger at the Chinese...

As for "our legislature", you might want to update your location in your INGO bio.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just moved here, so I’ll admin I haven’t yet read the IN constitution.

IL had a limit of 30 days for an emperor’s “emergency”. IL courts have ruled that he’s waaaay beyond that and has no more (he says he does).

Anyway...

I’d think we have some limit in IN so that an emperor can’t just keep redeclaring the same “emergency” until he dies. No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome to Indiana and INGO! don't worry, no one else has read the constitution either. Well, maybe Houghmade and Kirk

Don't you love the formats here? waaaaay cool. Do you like the profanity filter? it really hates saltwater fishing

edit: ACK! It's no longer sal****er :runaway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    According to statute, the Governor can declare and emergency and renew it every 30 days. The legislature can, "by concurrent resolution", meaning, a resolution that passes both houses, terminate an emergency declaration. All of that has been complied with.

What, possibly, remains is a separation of powers issues if the legislature, by passing the emergency powers law, improperly delegated its lawmaking responsibility to the Governor. That would have to be litigated. I am not aware of any current litigation, but I would be surprised if it was not pending somewhere.
    Thanks for that HM. I was not aware of the process. So we wait to see if they can get that passed. I am sure there will be one proposed.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    wont.png

I guess there's a fine line between patriotism and undiagnosed oppositional defiant disorder.

Truly, we are experiencing unprecedented tYrRaNNy during this modern-day holocaust.

:rolleyes: :):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess there's a fine line between patriotism and undiagnosed oppositional defiant disorder.

Truly, we are experiencing unprecedented tYrRaNNy during this modern-day holocaust.

:rolleyes: :):

How dare you not recognize that being told to face diapers and mouth maxipads in public is akin to Star of David armbands. ;)

Oh, and rhyming "down" with "down"? tsk tsk.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    When does the legislative session start? I know there are some that will try to limit Holcomb's power when they get the chance, although I am not convinced they can pass a veto proof bill.

I have zero faith, they walked off the job in March as a crisis was exploding and chilled out at home watching Holcomb rule Indiana like a dictator for the next eight months. There will be no rebuke from the legislature.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have zero faith, they walked off the job in March as a crisis was exploding and chilled out at home watching Holcomb rule Indiana like a dictator for the next eight months. There will be no rebuke from the legislature.

Um...we just had an election yesterday. Last time I checked, little things like that are we "rebuke" legislators.

We've been wearing them for six months and have record cases. Masks clearly don't work.

You may be right...but we would have to know where we would be without the masks (and other measures)...so if we have those numbers....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

You havent been paying attention. Our constitution does not have a mechanism in place for legislators to call a special session. Only the Governor can call a special session. And I believe he was asked by legislators but he decided it wasnt necessary.

It has been mentioned by several legislators that one of the agenda items this year is adding the ability for the legislators to call themselves in.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    That was my point. I guess some don't understand sarcasm, even when......purple.

You seem to have some delusion that everyone is complying. They clearly are not. If you go outside of Marion county you'll see this isn't the case. If you step into a gym in Marion county this isn't the case. Do you get out much? You also cannot control what people do on their own accord. I know many young people are completely ignoring the guidelines because there are no consequences.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You may be right...but we would have to know where we would be without the masks (and other measures)...so if we have those numbers....

With no measures at all, we'd be Sweden and this would all have been over five or six months ago.

Top Bottom