• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I drive about 3.5 hours to get there. It is worth it, though bargains are few, but I usually take something to sell and have a great time picking up odds and ends and the occasional find.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    it was a good show uptill october of 2008

Now its retarded packed with $650-800 WASR's, $20 AK mags, $20 AR mags, $1000 oly ARs etc.

I am not going back anytime soon.

I fight with enouigh people at work, don't need to fight my way through a gunshow :noway:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    it was a good show uptill october of 2008

Now its retarded packed with $650-800 WASR's, $20 AK mags, $20 AR mags, $1000 oly ARs etc.

+1
    the only diffrence is i am going back. its become a tradition for me and my father plus its the only place i know i have a chance of leaving with a upper im just hopping to not pay a arm and a leg but i bet i do.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    You have to think that at some point if there is no law enacted that supply will begin to exceed demand. When the amateurs get the gun/s and ammo that they want, they will go away. The gun and ammo makers will have production ramped up to satisfy this high rate of demand. When those intersect economics would predict a short term glut and then prices will have to fall. Just no way of telling when that will occur.

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I going on Friday. Been there a few times. It is busy, lots of people some deals but not many. I always try to got with some sort of plan of what I am after but it never seems to end up that way. I have fun though.

kjonesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Palmyra
    Salem show last week

Went to the Salem show last weekend, lots of activity, full parking lot, Dealers wanted MSRP. Cheapest show I've been to in a while. My wife will let me go again at this rate.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've been going for years and have been setting up with my friend for a few years. I missed the last two shows b/c of health issues but I'll be there for the duration this time. It's a lot of work to set up and tear down and the show hours are long. I start packing things for the show a few days in advance. I will write a list of odds n ends to look for but I always end up with something different. It's a great place to find those hard to find parts and accessories. I like looking at things before I buy them. I take things I want to sell/trade and usually come home with something different. I imagine this will be a very busy and interesting show. Friday afternoon at 2pm is the best time to go in my opinion. I'll be sporting an INGO hat during the show.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    For the guys going....

I am negative about the show CURRENTLY but previously there have been MAJOR deals.

I picked up 1000rds of port .308 in 08 there from a little old lady for $150
    Picked up a norinco AK drum also for $70
    picked up a eaa witness FTF $200
    I think my best deal was 2K of 7.62x39 boxer brass for 6cents each

Good luck!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    when its not elbow to elbow i enjoy going even if i have no spending monney at all. its one building you know they have that certain gun you have been wanting to see and handle. i guess they dont have every gun made but there closer than any shop ive been to

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    And just in case any of you missed it... INGO is actually having a table at this 1500. It looks like most of us mods will be there on Saturday, and I think we're still planning to have a group dinner Saturday night.

I used to say "look for the blue hats congregating together at the Raven table" but now it's going to be "look for the old-school blue hats, the newer khaki-sage hats, or the even newer tan INGO Tactical hats at the INGO table near the exit!" :D

I believe Fenway will be selling the khaki-sage INGunOwners hats, the khaki-tan INGO Tactical hat, and black & white INGO patches at the table. :D

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    You know...even with high prices...a day of walking around browsing the good stuf with no intent to buy still beats a day of work...even with all the crowd. Just take your time and enjoy the scenery.

bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    i have always heard alot of good things about the 1500 show. However i have never had the opportunity to go. Seriously considering going to this one and i was curious what the cost to get in?

Top Bottom