• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    And just in case any of you missed it... INGO is actually having a table at this 1500. It looks like most of us mods will be there on Saturday, and I think we're still planning to have a group dinner Saturday night.

I used to say "look for the blue hats congregating together at the Raven table" but now it's going to be "look for the old-school blue hats, the newer khaki-sage hats, or the even newer tan INGO Tactical hats at the INGO table near the exit!" :D

I believe Fenway will be selling the khaki-sage INGunOwners hats, the khaki-tan INGO Tactical hat, and black & white INGO patches at the table. :D

do we know what area the table will be in?

See my note above. My understanding is there will be plenty of room to congregate.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    You know...even with high prices...a day of walking around browsing the good stuf with no intent to buy still beats a day of work...even with all the crowd. Just take your time and enjoy the scenery.

Good post! Money is tight right now but damn it I just want to get out of the county and go somewhere other than Greene or Vigo county.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I call it the Indy 1500 gun and flea market show. It is kinda fun going and looking at everything, but the ticket prices plus parking and gas just make it something I don't care to attend. I couldn't even see attending until prices dropped dramatically. When I used to go, there were good prices, but the thing is, most prices were from stores one could have driven too: J&M Sales out of Vincennes, Plainfield Shooting Supplies, and Albro Guns. For folks wanting to buy AK clones, you were better off going to KS & E Sports. There was also another store out of South Bend that had decent prices.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Cash is always King!

There are some dealers that will take plastic and then there are some that will take it plus a 3% fee of the total purchase.

I would bring cash if at all possible to avoid finding the dealer that has what you want but either doesn't take plastic or charges a fee for you to use it.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Its sad, I stopped going a couple of years ago. Could not find anything there I wanted that I couldnt find in local gun shops for the same price or better. Way back when, you could find good deals, especially on ammo. Now good luck finding any deals at all. With gun sales going so well I wonder if local dealers even look forward to the show. They probably are selling enough day to day that the show might just be a bother.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    the 1500 is like my wife shoe shopping. she knows she's not buying any of the shoes but it's more than fun trying them all on. will the INGO table be there friday to?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Why is it that gun shopping and shoe shopping are so often tied together? There's a cheeky ad for a cell phone gun... maybe someone should make a SupaSpy Stiletto Gun that can pass off the Pink Lady color without any whining from the guys about the principle of the color black?

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Its sad, I stopped going a couple of years ago. Could not find anything there I wanted that I couldnt find in local gun shops for the same price or better. Way back when, you could find good deals, especially on ammo. Now good luck finding any deals at all. With gun sales going so well I wonder if local dealers even look forward to the show. They probably are selling enough day to day that the show might just be a bother.
    I agree.
    I have much better luck at the smaller shows. Also the online vendors seem to have the best deals on ammo and mags as well.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I am broke as S**t but would like to go to look I have never been to the 1500 anybody in or around NWI going I can drive if we split the ride and you know where you are going cause I hate INDY.

Not you guys from INDY just INDY in general.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You have to think that at some point if there is no law enacted that supply will begin to exceed demand. When the amateurs get the gun/s and ammo that they want, they will go away. The gun and ammo makers will have production ramped up to satisfy this high rate of demand. When those intersect economics would predict a short term glut and then prices will have to fall. Just no way of telling when that will occur.

I keep hearing people say this and they have been saying it since 2004 when that last ban lifted. Although the prices might slip down some what the cost of production has continued to rise. The wholesale cost of AR-parts is 30% higher then 5 years ago. The availability may go up but I doubt we will ever see the Low priced of the mid to lat 90's again.
    As I always say, more people turn 18 every year and want an AR-15.

As for deals. I know for a fact there were deals in October because I was offering them. I would love to offer them again but I just can't get 200 AR receivers in stock for the show and that is what it takes if you are going to offer a deal and still make money. You have to have volume to make up for the low mark up.

I do know there will be some deals on 5.56 ammo that I have heard about. But, one has to get there at 2 on Friday to really hit those because last show the guy with those deals sold out of 5.56 ammo on Friday night

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I keep hearing people say this and they have been saying it since 2004 when that last ban lifted. Although the prices might slip down some what the cost of production has continued to rise. The wholesale cost of AR-parts is 30% higher then 5 years ago. The availability may go up but I doubt we will ever see the Low priced of the mid to lat 90's again.
    As I always say, more people turn 18 every year and want an AR-15.

As for deals. I know for a fact there were deals in October because I was offering them. I would love to offer them again but I just can't get 200 AR receivers in stock for the show and that is what it takes if you are going to offer a deal and still make money. You have to have volume to make up for the low mark up.

I do know there will be some deals on 5.56 ammo that I have heard about. But, one has to get there at 2 on Friday to really hit those because last show the guy with those deals sold out of 5.56 ammo on Friday night

Hell yes you offered some deals. My buddies and I went in on 20 of your double star lowers. Final price was super cheap.

:yesway:

Top Bottom