• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Who did I accuse of that?

What I will do is reiterate the lack of a sense of humor around here. People need to relax a little and not take these discussions so seriously.

A hit dog will holler.....

funny-dog-hit-crotch-frisbee-friendly-game-fetch-pics.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's a little ageist....... Why do you hate freedom?

9 seem like a nice even number.... precedent endorsed across the world.

I seem to recall the account of a man, long dead, but with many current followers who personally set that age at 6, but consummation of the marriage closer to 9...but to be honest, the 6 year old wasn't a family member....do we set different ages for family and non-family?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I left this topic a while ago, but keep seeing it pop to the top of the list....I'm left believing that there is more interest in incest than I would have thought.

Good news: In Indiana it is legal to marry your first cousin as long as you are both over 65. It's something.

So you would conclude that after 367 posts in this thread there's no interest in incest? Lot of conversation for something no one cares about.

Who did I accuse of that?

What I will do is reiterate the lack of a sense of humor around here. People need to relax a little and not take these discussions so seriously.

Quite obvious what you're insinuating. So if I insinuate you're an adulterer, it's just humor. Got it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I seem to recall the account of a man, long dead, but with many current followers who personally set that age at 6, but consummation of the marriage closer to 9...but to be honest, the 6 year old wasn't a family member....do we set different ages for family and non-family?

Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Quite obvious what you're insinuating. So if I insinuate you're an adulterer, it's just humor. Got it.

Well I know I'm not....so I don't care. Insinuate away. If you manage to inject some humor in the insinuations, I may play along for fun.

...but there's the difference, I'm not going to get all wound up over this.

Honestly, between my looks and personality, I'm endowed with quite a defense against adultery.

See how that works? Humor, sense of one.

I don't know.....maybe it's because just no one at the family reunions would give me a second look. I'm acting out.

See, did it again.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well I know I'm not....so I don't care. Insinuate away. If you you manage to inject some humor in the insinuations, I may play along for fun.

...but there's the difference, I'm not going to get all wound up over this.

Honestly, between my looks and personality, I'm endowed with quite a defense against adultery.

See how that works? Humor, sense of one.

So just how morally abhorrent is an action that you want to legislate it out of existance when you're reduced to humorous insinuations?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So just how morally abhorrent is an action that you want to legislate it out of existance when you're reduced to humorous insinuations?

In this thread, I have expressed a moral objection to incest, as have you.

I have taken issue with allowing 9 justices to interpret the Constitution however they want and ignoring the legislative process.

I have expressed that this is a state law issue.

What I have not done is take a position, one way or the other about whether incest should remain illegal or not...and no, objecting to fallacious legal arguments about how laws are attacked is no where near close to saying whether the laws should remain or not....so tell me again what I am trying to legislate out of existence.

Anyhoo, very little ha ha in the preceding...I feel a little bad about that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    In this thread, I have expressed a moral objection to incest, as have you.

I have taken issue with allowing 9 justices to interpret the Constitution however they want and ignoring the legislative process.

I have expressed that this is a state law issue.

What I have not done is take a position, one way or the other about whether incest should remain illegal or not...and no, objecting to fallacious legal arguments about how laws are attacked is no where near close to saying whether the laws should remain or not....so tell me again what I am trying to legislate out of existence.

Anyhoo, very little ha ha in the preceding...I feel a little bad about that.

Ah, the state issue. So if you're in a wreck out of state, the hospital doesn't have to acknowledge your wife's next of kin status. Because the 49 states not named on your marriage license aren't bound to honor that license.

So what if the state of Indiana refused entry to gun owners to all state parks? After all, states have the right to offer a service to some while excluding others. That's the same thing the state is doing by issuing marriage licenses to some but not all.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Well, now it's obvious why the strident support for one of the greatest taboos in existence.

[video=youtube;x4utH5uWK6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4utH5uWK6c[/video]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Pretty common in the time. Europeans were marrying off five year old children with consummation at puberty. Records exist for 7 year olds married in colonial America.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I left this topic a while ago, but keep seeing it top of the list....I'm left believing that there is more interest in incest than I would have thought
    I have a strong interest in keeping government small, cheap, and out of our business. You'll find me making the same arguments over drug laws, prostitution laws, gambling laws, tobacco laws, alcohol laws, and other "vice crimes."

Something might be immoral but I have no desire to pay for the relevant bureaucracies, cops, SWAT teams, courts, prosecutors, and prisons needed to oppress them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Excerpt from the book I'm reading.

“My stepfather said he knowed a man married a woman after freedom and found out she was his mother. He had been sold from her when he was a baby. They quit and he married ag'in. He had a scar on his thigh she recollected. The scar was right there when he was grown. That brought up more talk and they traced him up to be her own boy.”

Excerpt From: Work Projects Administration. “Slave Narratives: A Folk History of Slavery in the United States from Interviews with Former Slaves, Arkansas Narratives, Part 4.” iBooks.
    This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/6nPDE.l

You know, back when people were moral and sold babies out from under their mothers.

Top Bottom