• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    As much as I hate to admit the fact that a lawyer may be necessary, If anyone knows of a capable lawyer near west lafayette, fluent in traffic law that can and will work for peanuts. i would be very grateful.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    The reality is that it costs money to run a law office. The secretaries, landlord, utilities, student loans (I am 41 and still paying) and taxes all require money to pay. That comes out of the lawyer's hourly rate. When I take a case for "peanuts" like I occassionally do for friends, that means I have to operate at a loss to work that case. At the same time, the friend that I am doing cut rate work for expects me to work their case like it is the only case I have. This inevitably leads to hard feelings as I feel like I donated thousands of dollars of my time to a buddy who got popped for drunk driving or some other such charge while my buddy is never happy with anything short of a total dismissal of every charge against him.

My advice would be: If it is important then hire a lawyer and pay them without complaint. There is at least one on INGO from Lafayette.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    The reality is that it costs money to run a law office. The secretaries, landlord, utilities, student loans (I am 41 and still paying) and taxes all require money to pay. That comes out of the lawyer's hourly rate. When I take a case for "peanuts" like I occassionally do for friends, that means I have to operate at a loss to work that case. At the same time, the friend that I am doing cut rate work for expects me to work their case like it is the only case I have. This inevitably leads to hard feelings as I feel like I donated thousands of dollars of my time to a buddy who got popped for drunk driving or some other such charge while my buddy is never happy with anything short of a total dismissal of every charge against him.

My advice would be: If it is important then hire a lawyer and pay them without complaint. There is at least one on INGO from Lafayette.

I get sick to my stomach when I see people try and get out of speeding tickets and DUI's ect ect...... were you going at least 1mph over the speed limit? If yes then you were breaking the law pay up and move one...... if you were drinking did you blow over the legal limit? If yess then guess what?

It's like that kid on here that wa speeding and was braging about how his lawyer buddy gets him out of all his tickets......

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I am just in a pickle, I don't understand how I broke the law, but I am currently without driving privelages. I want to keep this matter fairly private.

I generally don't mind paying for quality good or services, I just have little to no money to work with, and I am practically beging. I don't aften work for free for people, however I do often work on mutual exchange basis with many people I know. Life cost money, but I just don't have any right now. I don't try to beg out of "need" and am looking for the absolute best value here, If I can get a consultation for free that tells me how to resolve my issue that would be ideal, If not I am looking for the bare minimum I have to pay.

As far as I will publically comment, I was pulled over because I might have been speeding, but I was not ticketed for that. I have very strong reservations about speedlimits, and Dave I am sorry you feel it is important to adhere to these revenue producing regulations, that tie up many of our law enforcemnet officers that could otherwise be dealing with real crime.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    As far as I will publically comment, I was pulled over because I might have been speeding, but I was not ticketed for that. I have very strong reservations about speedlimits, and Dave I am sorry you feel it is important to adhere to these revenue producing regulations, that tie up many of our law enforcemnet officers that could otherwise be dealing with real crime.

I was cool with what you had to say untill I read the above and was even going to post some things that might help.

If you were pulled over for speeding (regardless if you don't think you were) and then got "busted" for something else that ended up in you loosing your liscence then chances are it is something pretty severe for them to over look the speeding.

Second if you have a problem witht he speed limits them move to Germany. Why do we have speed limits? Because the roads are junk and most of this great country is full of idiot drivers....... other places like Germany have areas with no speed limit because as a rule most people drive like civilized adults and or take high speed driving classes and they don't have many drunk drivers....... but even then the idiots are starting to take over.

Take a drive on say 465 and tell me what good raising the speed limit will do? The speeders will just go faster.

From your comments it sounds like you think all laws are stupid and just line the "man's" pockets.........:rolleyes:

Im sure you are a very safe driver and can safely drive at 100mph+.............. I am sure you think everyone around you can also or can at least drive safely around those going that fast........

Do you think weed and other drugs should be legal also?

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I was cool with what you had to say untill I read the above and was even going to post some things that might help.

If you were pulled over for speeding (regardless if you don't think you were) and then got "busted" for something else that ended up in you loosing your liscence then chances are it is something pretty severe for them to over look the speeding.

Second if you have a problem witht he speed limits them move to Germany. Why do we have speed limits? Because the roads are junk and most of this great country is full of idiot drivers....... other places like Germany have areas with no speed limit because as a rule most people drive like civilized adults and or take high speed driving classes and they don't have many drunk drivers....... but even then the idiots are starting to take over.

Take a drive on say 465 and tell me what good raising the speed limit will do? The speeders will just go faster.

From your comments it sounds like you think all laws are stupid and just line the "man's" pockets.........:rolleyes:

Im sure you are a very safe driver and can safely drive at 100mph+.............. I am sure you think everyone around you can also or can at least drive safely around those going that fast........

Do you think weed and other drugs should be legal also?

I'll respect the fact that we have severly differnt ideologies, as I have no time for that debate this week. :)

I remeber a time montana had virtually no speed limit I would love to live there.

I request that you not make broad assumptions about me personally, I assure you my issue comes down to clerical errors. I'll take all the help I can get, but I don't need any critisism right now, over this.

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    I have never had to use one and dont know how it works. But there should be a list of public defenders in the county court house. They could give you advise. It may not apply in your case.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    If it's a clerical error, do your homework, show a paper trail, and go see the prosecutor. Or wait for court and have the judge throw it out.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Let's see...lawyer from Lafayette...

Stand by...I'll summon him...

Oh Kirk...fetch!

Ford_E350_ambulance2.jpeg

:D

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    pulled over for speeding, but cited/arrested for something else.....how much weed did you have in the car? ;)

None, I don't touch the stuff.
    This wasn't a DUI.
    This wasn't drug or weapons related.
    This wasn't anything that merits the frustration, anger, and time I have put into this issue so far.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Traffic stop nabs Memphis murder suspect

Enforcing traffic laws caught a wanted murderer. Guess the trooper should have been out looking for "real" crime.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom