• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Incorrect.

A nationwide study by Garmin GPS showed that drivers tend drive around 70MPH, no matter what the speed limit was on highways.

This concurs with the conclusions of another study I read some years ago, that is, people tend to drive what they feel is a safe speed regardless of the posted limit (which is often artificially low).

Regardless, Jeremiah, best wishes on this one.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Enforcing traffic laws caught a wanted murderer. Guess the trooper should have been out looking for "real" crime.

Using this logic, we ought to have many more laws to enable police to stop folks more frequently to catch "real" criminals.

Papers please.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Every ticket I have ever received, I deserved, and I paid for them.
    I wasn't thrilled to hand over my hard earned money, but I did, because it was my fault that I got the tickets.

The #1 reason you pay fines and penalties is, "YOU" broke the law.
    You may not like the law, but guess what, it is the same law for all of us.
    I never got a ticket because of something someone else did!

Bottom line is, if you can't afford the fine, don't break the law.

Not dust off your dress and learn from your mistakes, like the rest of us big boys do.

PoliceStop.jpg

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Every ticket I have ever received, I deserved, and I paid for them.
    I wasn't thrilled to hand over my hard earned money, but I did, because it was my fault that I got the tickets.

The #1 reason you pay fines and penalties is, "YOU" broke the law.
    You may not like the law, but guess what, it is the same law for all of us.
    I never got a ticket because of something someone else did!

Bottom line is, if you can't afford the fine, don't break the law.

Not dust off your dress and learn from your mistakes, like the rest of us big boys do.

You know what, I still don't understand what Law I broke, I didn't commit any crime in open violation of the law, and as far as I was aware I was in compliance with the law. My current situation was compunded by ignorance, and an overly busy schedule. I aslo am suffering from a lack of logic, I was in compliance with the goal of the law, just somehow I failed to prove this to the redundant level that is supposed to be necessary. I Am very angry about this law, as in my view it violates 5th amendmant rights, and forces citizens to prove their innocence, or guilt. Also I found out that some cases failing to prove your compliance with the law results in the automatic judgement that you are in violation of the law.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just talked to a lawyer, who very politley said that I am f*&(ed.

All this over a deer.

You know what, I still don't understand what Law I broke, I didn't commit any crime in open violation of the law, and as far as I was aware I was in compliance with the law. My current situation was compunded by ignorance, and an overly busy schedule. I aslo am suffering from a lack of logic, I was in compliance with the goal of the law, just somehow I failed to prove this to the redundant level that is supposed to be necessary. I Am very angry about this law, as in my view it violates 5th amendmant rights, and forces citizens to prove their innocence, or guilt. Also I found out that some cases failing to prove your compliance with the law results in the automatic judgement that you are in violation of the law.

So you got caught shooting a deer from the roadway, or carrying a handgun without LTCH?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Using this logic, we ought to have many more laws to enable police to stop folks more frequently to catch "real" criminals.

Papers please.

It wasn't an attempt at logic to show that there need to be more laws to catch the real criminals, it was an example of a trooper catching a real criminal while enforcing what you probably think is a bull**** traffic infraction. There have been very few members of INGO that have owned up and posted that they screwed up and got caught, and accepted their punishment like a grownup. I admire those members, and get tired of all the whiners that blame The Man for something that they did wrong.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ...All this over a deer.

...I was in compliance with the goal of the law, just somehow I failed to prove this to the redundant level that is supposed to be necessary. I Am very angry about this law, as in my view it violates 5th amendmant rights, and forces citizens to prove their innocence, or guilt. Also I found out that some cases failing to prove your compliance with the law results in the automatic judgement that you are in violation of the law.

Failure to provide proof of insurance in the past lead to driving while suspended in the present is my guess. Now you're gigged for an additional time w/o your license because of the suspension. My advice, cowboy up, go see the judge, and deal with it. Then, move on with your life.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Failure to provide proof of insurance in the past lead to driving while suspended in the present is my guess. Now you're gigged for an additional time w/o your license because of the suspension. My advice, cowboy up, go see the judge, and deal with it. Then, move on with your life.

Smart man,

I had insurance, damage was to my vehicle, and was less than 1000 dollars. The judge won't talk to me.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Ok, while we're all guessing about this, I'll guess you accidently hit a deer with your vehicle, killed said deer, was transporting it home (or got it home), and now can't prove you made the appropriate calls to the DNR/law enforcement to possess the deer. You don't have to confirm/deny. Just musing here.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Ok, while we're all guessing about this, I'll guess you accidently hit a deer with your vehicle, killed said deer, was transporting it home (or got it home), and now can't prove you made the appropriate calls to the DNR/law enforcement to possess the deer. You don't have to confirm/deny. Just musing here.

close, I didn't pick up the deer, and did call the sheriff.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    close, I didn't pick up the deer, and did call the sheriff.

:dunno:
    :hijack:
    In 100% clueless on Indiana hunting laws & thus why the question.
    If I hit a deer while driving and kill it, do I have to report it?
    (Hit it as in it's crosses the road; not as in intentional)

Why?
    Am I breaking some type of hunting law by not reporting?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Seriously, why don't you just tell us what happened.

I mean, you've already consulted a lawyer.

Otherwise we'll just continue to guess and speculate like a bunch of kindergartners.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Seriously, why don't you just tell us what happened.

I mean, you've already consulted a lawyer.

Otherwise we'll just continue to guess and speculate like a bunch of kindergartners.
    That's what I'm thinking. It's rather silly to have 100 people guess. Apparently you're going to tell whether they are right or wrong. Jeez....just spill it already.

Top Bottom