• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I am uncertain if I can talk about it yet (find out this week) but let's say at this time I have lost any and all respect I have ever had about IUPUI police. Attacking people in uniform (having breakfast tacos) is the lowest of the low and completely without honor.

I'm saddened, but in a way not surprised.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As a long ago former IUPUI cop, now I have to wonder. Although anyone there I would know is long retired. The organization's management, as part of the greater IU system, has gone full on SJW.

I know that in law enforcement, like all other gigs, there are good and bad and it is a tiny minority that dishonor the vast majority. Those in management must deal with the bad apples. If the bad apples are allowed to infect the rest of the barrel, it impacts the entire department.

I can say this. I was merely sitting at a booth in uniform eating breakfast before drill. I did not deserve what happened to me, I object to the dishonorable behavior of the officer involved and I object to how IUPUI police handled it. I understand that members of the service misbehave but I was doing nothing to draw any false allegations, I was literally sitting there, having breakfast. I behaved myself with honor, not using any profanity or yelling at him but it left a mark to say the least and I never even received an apology.

I was in uniform and thus have decided not to act independent of what command decided. I long to tell everyone and I long to act on remedies outside of what command decided but will not until told I can.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I know that in law enforcement, like all other gigs, there are good and bad and it is a tiny minority that dishonor the vast majority. Those in management must deal with the bad apples. If the bad apples are allowed to infect the rest of the barrel, it impacts the entire department.

I can say this. I was merely sitting at a booth in uniform eating breakfast before drill. I did not deserve what happened to me, I object to the dishonorable behavior of the officer involved and I object to how IUPUI police handled it. I understand that members of the service misbehave but I was doing nothing to draw any false allegations, I was literally sitting there, having breakfast. I behaved myself with honor, not using any profanity or yelling at him but it left a mark to say the least and I never even received an apology.

I was in uniform and thus have decided not to act independent of what command decided. I long to tell everyone and I long to act on remedies outside of what command decided but will not until told I can.

This is unfortunate, and it troubles me as a retired law enforcement leader and manager. Law enforcement is under attack right now in many ways, and the officer's behavior does not help public perception. Perception is often created one interaction at a time.

Most law enforcement officers are, as you observe, honorable men and women trying to do a good job. Unfortunately, the handful are the ones who stand out.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The reason that I raise these two personal incidents is to demonstrate that many people have been falsely accused. The initial allegations any dishonorable fool can make.

Let it sort out, THEN make a judgment.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is unfortunate, and it troubles me as a retired law enforcement leader and manager. Law enforcement is under attack right now in many ways, and the officer's behavior does not help public perception. Perception is often created one interaction at a time.

Most law enforcement officers are, as you observe, honorable men and women trying to do a good job. Unfortunately, the handful are the ones who stand out.

I try not to let one dishonorable ****'s actions impact an entire department but management's response was less than optimal.

Campus cops have a Richard Jewellesque reputation and IUPUI PD solidified theirs.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    [video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rhinestone+cowboy&view=detail&mid=23BB7C1 F6EFA529B7F3323BB7C1F6EFA529B7F33&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2 fsearch%3fq%3drhinestone%2bcowboy%26cvid%3dba7b172 c1b7841f794ea012b6d3db9a0%26FORM%3dANNTA1%26PC%3dU 531[/video]

Top Bottom