IMPD Officer on America's Most Wanted All Star.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHurt919

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Speedway, In
    (I hope I am not breaking any rules. If I am I am sorry, Just trying to help a fellow Officer out.)

Officer Fishburn is a nominee for America's Most Wanted All Star. I'm sure alot of people have heard about Officer Fishburn's incident, atleast the members from around Indy. Officer Fishburn was shot in the line of duty trying to apprehend a murder suspect. AMW give an award for Officers that have been severely injured while on duty. The winner is based on an Online voting system. More people that vote, the better chance of winning.

If you would like to vote, the link below will take you to Officer Fishburns page. If you feel another Officer should win, please vote for them. More people to vote for any Officer, the best.

AMW.com | AMW All-Star Nominee Detail - Jason Fishburn

Jfishburn2%20cropped.jpg

Jason Fishburn

Police Officer

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department

Indianapolis, IN

On July 10th, 2008, Patrolman Jason Fishburn, a five-year veteran of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, was involved in a manhunt for a three-time homicide suspect. In partnership with the violent crimes unit, Jason stopped a vehicle that was associated with the suspect. The suspect, armed and dangerous, got out of the car and ran; Jason and his fellow officers ran after him. During the chase, the suspect pulled out a handgun and fired, wounding Jason twice, once in the chest and once in the head. Officers fired back, hitting the suspect in the shoulder. Jason is currently on leave and recovering from near fatal wounds. Indianapolis/Marion County awarded Jason a Medal of Honor and a Purple Heart for his demonstration of heroism while being seriously wounded in the line of duty. Jason began his career in law enforcement at the Marion County Sheriff's Dept in 2002; he worked in the services and supplies section of the jail where he oversaw inmate workers. He was hired at IMPD in 2003, attended the academy and began working the streets of Indianapolis. At an early age, Jason demonstrated his commitment to being in service to others. He received the highest award as a Cub Scout, the Arrow of Light Award and as a Boy Scout, the Eagle Scout Award, as well as the highest religious award by his church in 1997, the Duty to God Award. He chose a career in law enforcement to fulfill his commitment to make a difference.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    "Near fatal wounds" doesn't begin to come close to describing how long and close he hung by a thread to life.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    "Near fatal wounds" doesn't begin to come close to describing how long and close he hung by a thread to life.

From the description of his wounds when it happened, I figured he was another dead cop. He must be one seriously tough dude to be walking around now.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have had the pleasure of working with officer Fishburn on many accident scenes, he is a great young man and policeman.

voted!

Top Bottom