• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Unfortunate for him and his family. This certainly shouldn't be used to besmirch all of the good officers out there.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    There are good & bad people in all walks of life, and occupations. The police are no different. I work next to some of the best people on earth, and I also work next to a few who are some of the worst and should be let go from the company. Lets just hope in his new job he turns his life around before he kills someone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not hating but I am sure he has wrote more than a few DUI's in his 10 years on the force. Sad but the do as I say thing fits in this situation. Not the force as a whole but just those who walk on the wrong side of the fence.
    When I was still in a service truck a DUI would have ended my ability to work.This should end his ability to drive for a long time period. JMHO.

So glad no one was hurt.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Not hating but I am sure he has wrote more than a few DUI's in his 10 years on the force. Sad but the do as I say thing fits in this situation. Not the force as a whole but just those who walk on the wrong side of the fence.
    When I was still in a service truck a DUI would have ended my ability to work.This should end his ability to drive for a long time period. JMHO.

So glad no one was hurt.

Agreed. No special treatment. This should be handled as if I were the one receiving the DUI.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    For those calling for equal treatment, I will say that based on the facts of this case and my experience with DUI prosecution in Marion county, this case should be no-filed. If they do prosecute, it WILL be because he is a cop.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Agreed. No special treatment. This should be handled as if I were the one receiving the DUI.
    You mean 1 year probation, 90 day license suspension, AAID victim impact panel, $100 fine. That is a typical sentence in Indy for misd DUI. He needs to immediately quit and plea guilty.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I don't need to see him jailed if that is not the usually penalty for DUI in Marion County, but I sure wouldn't want him to remain a member of the police force.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Frank, Denny, VUPD, BBI, and all the LEOs I've left out: I work at the Indy VA Medical Center, I understand the "blanket blame" phenomenon, it sucks. None of you guys stumbled into roll call .21, I didn't have no secret waiting list, WTF-over??!!

With that said, I'm reminded of something one of my first bosses in the Air Force (Vietnam-era crusty Senior NCO-type) used to say, "One aw **** wipes out your last 50 atta boys."

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    With that said, I'm reminded of something one of my first bosses in the Air Force (Vietnam-era crusty Senior NCO-type) used to say, "One aw **** wipes out your last 50 atta boys."

Must've been popular in the Air Force. My father (who retired from the Air Force as a "full bird" Colonel) used to say that quite a lot to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For those calling for equal treatment, I will say that based on the facts of this case and my experience with DUI prosecution in Marion county, this case should be no-filed

If that is the standard deal then I am good with that.

Only thing is...."HE SHOULD BE HELD TO JUST A BIT HIGHER STANDARDS" because he is LEO. He is more than aware of the consequences. I do not want to berate or persecute him. It is just crazy that someone in his position would push the boundary's. Yes, just a human being but he has I am sure given out a few DUI's. His actions reflect on the entire department.
    You guys have suffered enough in the last few years.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    We ARE held to a higher standard. He WILL lose his job, pension, and likely his ability to work as a LEO anywhere. For those who want it, this job is a GREAT gig and he blew it. I don't want to see the prosecutor's office file or not file charges on ANYONE based solely on who they are. They have a standard (which I don't necessarily agree with) and if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.

Top Bottom