• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Again, FOX 59, is reporting, that the 2 officers, will face charges .....

Actually, they kind of contradicted themselves, they then said, the final decision, was up to the Special Prosecutor .....

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Again, FOX 59, is reporting, that the 2 officers, will face charges .....

Actually, they kind of contradicted themselves, they then said, the final decision, was up to the Special Prosecutor .....

It has not yet been determined if there will be criminal charges. This incident is still being investigated.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There has not been a grand jury convened on this matter. The completed IMPD investigation was just handed over to the prosecutor's office about a week ago.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sounds like a witch hunt to me

witchfinder13.jpg

"I'm your Huckleberry...Just say when..."

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I thought this was before a grand jury? If it was, it sounds to me like they may have returned a true bill which is why Curry got off it.
    The special prosecutor will decide file, no-file, or grand jury. Typically, Curry take these to the Grand Jury. I'm getting a bad vibe from this current process.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The special prosecutor will decide file, no-file, or grand jury. Typically, Curry take these to the Grand Jury. I'm getting a bad vibe from this current process.

I thought city/county ordinance said all fatal shootings involving police had to go to the Grand Jury? Hell, an officer that struck and killed a drunk pedestrian with her police car had to go to GJ.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I thought city/county ordinance said all fatal shootings involving police had to go to the Grand Jury? Hell, an officer that struck and killed a drunk pedestrian with her police car had to go to GJ.

[FONT=&quot]Sec. 641-2. - Evidence to be forwarded to grand jury.

https://library.municode.com/https://library.municode.com/https://library.municode.com/https://library.municode.com/https://library.municode.com/

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any law enforcement agency which conducts any investigation of a human fatality which appears to be the result of action taken by a law enforcement officer shall forward all evidence gathered in such investigation to the Marion County Grand Jury for review. In addition, any person or agency which employs a law enforcement officer whose actions appear to have been the cause of a human fatality shall forward all evidence in its possession concerning such matter to the Marion County Grand Jury.

[/FONT]

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    [FONT=&amp]Sec. 641-2. - Evidence to be forwarded to grand jury.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Any law enforcement agency which conducts any investigation of a human fatality which appears to be the result of action taken by a law enforcement officer shall forward all evidence gathered in such investigation to the Marion County Grand Jury for review. In addition, any person or agency which employs a law enforcement officer whose actions appear to have been the cause of a human fatality shall forward all evidence in its possession concerning such matter to the Marion County Grand Jury.

[/FONT]

That is nice and all, but no municipality can force a prosecutor to present anything to the grand jury. Nor can a municipality force a grand jury to even be convened. The prosecutor and the judiciary in general derive their power from the state constitution, the city County Council has no ability to control it.

That ordinance is primarily just feel good BS.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That is nice and all, but no municipality can force a prosecutor to present anything to the grand jury. Nor can a municipality force a grand jury to even be convened. The prosecutor and the judiciary in general derive their power from the state constitution, the city County Council has no ability to control it.

That ordinance is primarily just feel good BS.

I know. :)

As it was explained to me, the ordinance exists but is like the US flag code. There is no penalty associated with violating it, and attempting to enforce it would end poorly.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I know. :)

As it was explained to me, the ordinance exists but is like the US flag code. There is no penalty associated with violating it, and attempting to enforce it would end poorly.
    I also know of at least one recent case where it was openly ignored. If someone tried to convene or present to a grand jury outside of the judiciary/prosecutor, I would not be surprised to see a contempt proceeding and a potential official misconduct prosecution.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom