I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wish this could be changed as well, but rules are rules. Still trying to build up to my 50 posts as well.

In reality, the rule should be changed to like 250 posts and six months of active forum participation.

However, let's get you well started in forum participation, my friend.
    Are you here just for the classifieds? Or are you interested in learning about other areas of owning a gun in Indiana?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In reality, It should be changed to like 250 posts and six months of active forum participation.

Are you here just for the classifieds? Or are you interested in learning about other ares of owning a gun in Indiana?

^Ditto^^^^^^^

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In reality, the rule should be changed to like 250 posts and six months of active forum participation.

Are you here just for the classifieds? Or are you interested in learning about other ares of owning a gun in Indiana?

^^THIS!!^^ There are so many topics for discussion here at INGO it's hard to keep them straight even with a crib sheet. National Reciprocity for Concealed Carry (HR 38), Constitutional Carry in Indiana (HB 1022), handguns, long guns, collector guns, gun stores, gunsmiths, gun auctions, gun shows, INGO Booth at the 1500, reloading, north korea. Not to mention 1911 v Glock, .45 v 9mm, is .40 S&W dead, wheelguns, J-frames cause 5 rounds is more than enough, the State Trooper stole my wallet, Lurk Team 6?? That will get you to 500 posts.

Cbrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    brownsburg
    Actually I didn't even know about the classifies until after I joined, but since I have to build up to 50 posts before I can reply I will gladly do so.

I joined the forum because I am new Indiana resident, who is a firearm enthusiast, and because this forum is centered around Indiana i chose to sing up. I enjoy hearing what other have to say about issues and their experience with FFLs, dealers, and such. eg Rebel Silencer.

Also I found this to be a decent source for helping with my first NFA transfer.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Actually I didn't even know about the classifies until after I joined, but since I have to build up to 50 posts before I can reply I will gladly do so.

I joined the forum because I am new Indiana resident, who is a firearm enthusiast, and because this forum is centered around Indiana i chose to sing up. I enjoy hearing what other have to say about issues and their experience with FFLs, dealers, and such. eg Rebel Silencer.

:yesway:

Good to hear, and welcome to the site.

50 will come in no time. Stick around and you'll notice a trend of people that only join for the quick deal. Some never post again, others never venture out of the classifieds or participate in any shape or form. Those treat the site like their own free personal marketplace. It's way more common than you would think.

Tons of good information on the site and you'll find all you are looking for on your NFA transfer. If you don't see what you are looking for then ask, guarantee there is someone here that knows.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Glad you joined!

I hate to say it, but often new folks are greeted with some skepticism surrounding whether they are here to participate or just to partake of our once exceptional classifieds section.

Folks that look as though they are posting for numbers rather than the conversation are sometimes called out on it. Often complaints about the 50 post rule is another indicator of intentions.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Amen brother.

Cbrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    brownsburg
    I don't blame them. There is currently a 12 GA shotgun I'm interested in, but can't respond to the ad because I have not met the quota.

I plan to stick around though, I have plenty of range experience, and other firearm knowledge from my time as a Marine that I'm glad to share if anyone asks.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't blame them. There is currently a 12 GA shotgun I'm interested in, but can't respond to the ad because I have not met the quota.

I plan to stick around though, I have plenty of range experience, and other firearm knowledge from my time as a Marine that I'm glad to share if anyone asks.
    You can always pay the site supporter fee and get access.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Can we not just make a poll thread and vote to up the minimum post requirement or time as a member? I guess discouragement to join is a bad call but to me 50 seems so low.

I doubt it sir. Some of us have been lobbying this ever since we had classifieds.

Sadly, while our classifieds are still loved by those of us who partake, they are nothing like they once were. The early forecasts of names not recognized and professional traders taking over are largely true.

Certainly not always the case and nothing against the faceless participants, as they all followed the rules given. I have met some fine folks with few more than the minimum requirements. A lot of the strangers though are not big on community.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I doubt it sir. Some of us have been lobbying this ever since we had classifieds.

Sadly, while our classifieds are still loved by those of us who partake, they are nothing like they once were.

Believe it when I say the classifieds has changed. Dramatically.
    But I still find everything I have been looking for and at some fair prices. Met some stellar people. Kept the ammo locker full. Built a complete stereo system for the shop and it is a killer. Still some good deals to be found.

I find some of the ads humorous as to asking prices/round counts and claims of BNIB etc but hey, it is their stuff. They can ask what they want for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom