I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I find some of the ads humorous as to asking prices/round counts and claims of BNIB etc but hey, it is their stuff. They can ask what they want for it.

WTS - VP9 - NNIB (box available, but was used for a diorama, still sticky) - round count low (enough to know the gun was mocking me at the range) - a few dings (after the mocking was discovered, it was thrown into the gravel and stomped on) - $530 firm with 2 magazines, $630 with 6 magazines (all magazines were used at least once to verify mocking, if that helps with round count estimation).

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I am fine with a higher number of posts for classifieds entry. Even if it meant I had to get more posts before I could go back in. On a Motorcycle forum I've been on for years the one and two post peeps constantly show up in the classifieds. When they had sponsors, there was a no competition rule. So someone that looked like they were there to run a business had to become a sponsor. I do plan on contributing but (kick me) have not did it yet. I would suggest that only Site Supporters be allowed to post there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am fine with a higher number of posts for classifieds entry. Even if it meant I had to get more posts before I could go back in. On a Motorcycle forum I've been on for years the one and two post peeps constantly show up in the classifieds. When they had sponsors, there was a no competition rule. So someone that looked like they were there to run a business had to become a sponsor. I do plan on contributing but (kick me) have not did it yet. I would suggest that only Site Supporters be allowed to post there.

Thing is.....The classifieds are a really good perk for the forum. It brings in a lot of new members some that actually participate and add depth. You are one of these. Not sure what brought you here but you are adding to the place.
    To the 51 post wonders flipping their wares. We are watching. Seriously. I take this on as a mission. If you are profiting from the site for free that will come to an end very soon. Become a site supporter at the very least.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Thing is.....The classifieds are a really good perk for the forum. It brings in a lot of new members some that actually participate and add depth. You are one of these. Not sure what brought you here but you are adding to the place.
    To the 51 post wonders flipping their wares. We are watching. Seriously. I take this on as a mission. If you are profiting from the site for free that will come to an end very soon. Become a site supporter at the very least.

:mods:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If you comments & post are one liners, one word or any one of a number reasons will get a post deleted. Your first 50 post are to be Quality, you are not the one to decide which are deemed quality.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    i'm trying to be more active in this group in order to learn and potentially make use of the classifieds section if the right deal presents itself. A question that I had- I posted several comments in response to several threads, and even posted a few threads of my own. I was up to 40-odd posts and I logged out. Came back a few hours to check for responses and skim the classifieds and all but a handful of my responses/ posts had been deleted and I was back in the low 20s. Why? Did I do something wrong or break some rule?

I just looked at several of your last posted, One liners man, one liners.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I appreciate the response. I will take that into consideration for future posts. Thanks much

NP, yw, there is the $20 site supporter route if you really see something you like. It helps keep the doors open. We run on 2 things. Content and $$ and or a combo of both. This is really a nice place.

:ingo:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    i'm trying to be more active in this group in order to learn and potentially make use of the classifieds section if the right deal presents itself. A question that I had- I posted several comments in response to several threads, and even posted a few threads of my own. I was up to 40-odd posts and I logged out. Came back a few hours to check for responses and skim the classifieds and all but a handful of my responses/ posts had been deleted and I was back in the low 20s. Why? Did I do something wrong or break some rule?

Yes, you were violating the rules, again. Your posts were one liners and you were posting multiple posts back to back within a minute or so in the same thread just to increase your post count. You did this in multiple threads yesterday (Saturday) and you are doing the same thing now, (early Sunday morning). You did the same thing last year in March. I sent you a visitor message saying you needed to read the rules and that you were violating them. You read the post and continued right on violating them ignoring the fact you were warned about it. Your post count was docked back then as well.

I suggest you read the rules very carefully and follow them. You seem to either not understand them or flat out ignore them.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Another thing to consider is the person you are showing yourself to be, one who wants to interact and contribute to the extent that they can (this is hard early on because there is so much knowledge and skill available to consult here) or one who just wants to pay lip service to the rules to the absolute minimum extent to get by

Just because you stagger over the line at 50, ducking and weaving all the way, it by no means guarantees that INGO people will want to deal with that sort of person. You may find the gun you really want but no one willing to sell it to you. Many of us are not in the classies because we need the money, so we don't need to sell if we don't like the buyer. Nothing in the rules says we can't "discriminate" in the original meaning of the term. Think of us more as wishing to find a good home for some old friends to free up space for some new ones

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I appreciate the response. I will take that into consideration for future posts. Thanks much

I've said before that Henny Youngman would never make it to 50 quality posts because he only did one-liners (Take my gun, please.)

INGO is different because of the number of people who post as well as the desire by most to keep the site what it is (discussion on many subjects and oh by the way, we have a classifieds section.) A lot of us have been on other Forums that had what INGO has but lost it.

No matter where you go on the Internet or in-person groups have a similar dynamic. You've got the elder statesman, the comedian, the grouch, the guy who posts about as often as an eclipse, one subject posters, the lurker, the guy who takes everything out of context, and yes, TROLLS!

With INGO you'll actually get a chance to meet some of the people who post here. Whether it's at the range (we like to shoot, go figure), at a meet and eat (we like to eat), at the Statehouse (we like pro-2A legislation), or at the Indy 1500 (the cool guys work the INGO Booth on Friday :D). They're usually not who you expect. Churchmouse is not two small children or old as the hills, Bill Of Rights doesn't look like Yoda, GFGT is not Al Bundy, Doddge is vertical and not horizontal ;), Rhino isn't really purple, Chezuki is not an Asian dude or a dog, Tallend is actually Tallen D. Bollorollo isn't the Grim Reaper or a dude. RobbyMaQ looks nothing like Donald Duck, and AllenM I knew from too many trips to Diamond Collision. Brother Bill 3 is the same guy on his avatar but usually doesn't have the sign. C and T Bhausen won't be on horseback but will be on overpasses. IndyGal65: from Indianapolis, female and about my age? I got that one right.

That was a little more than I expected when I pressed the reply with quote button. INGO is like that sometimes...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom