I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    The classifieds here are over rated. Folks trying to sell you overpriced used guns they think still hold maximum value even after being fired thousands of times and being scuffed up. Well, that's what I've read any way, since I don't have enough posts to get in. :D

Has been a lot of that recently.
    $950 for a beat up 1911 that could be out the door new for $845
    $1200 for a $750 1911 and it sold......amazing.

YEP... You are right! I recommend Gun broker and Arms list. They will meet all of your needs instantly. There is absolutely no reason for you to go through our hoops and whistles just for our puny little classifieds. It is highly over-rated. Seriously.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm ok with the RULES! As long as you don't go changing them to suit your every whim! Sorry political rant over!

I missed the political part of that.

Fenway can dio whatever he wants to suit his every whim.

In fact, the moment you hit 50 posts, he can make it 51, then 52, 53...Now that would be funny.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It's really only a problem with those rushing to get into the classifieds. If you are here to participate in the discussions and learn/have fun, it is entirely up to you how fast or slow you get to 50.

gearheadwilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Im at 45, can't wait to get over the hump! Love the site but 50 is a lil bit much in my opinion. Still it's worth the effort without a doubt

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Im at 45, can't wait to get over the hump! Love the site but 50 is a lil bit much in my opinion. Still it's worth the effort without a doubt

I don't mind the 50 at all. I was nervous at the beginning because I had read a thread like this one, but it's actually really beneficial even for the people who just want to get into the classifieds.

Feedback and ratings can only tell you so much. Actually engaging with people and learning from, with, or in spite of them gives you a lot more information on whether they are someone you would want to do business with, imho. :ingo:

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I don't mind the 50 at all. I was nervous at the beginning because I had read a thread like this one, but it's actually really beneficial even for the people who just want to get into the classifieds.

Feedback and ratings can only tell you so much. Actually engaging with people and learning from, with, or in spite of them gives you a lot more information on whether they are someone you would want to do business with, imho. :ingo:

WOW. How about that? A Newbie that gets it! Congratulations. :)
    And a sincere welcome. You will truly enjoy this sight. There is more information presented here than you can absorb on a daily basis.

That's OK...you just pick and choose what's best for you. In all my years, I've never found a better resource. Value it; use it. :ingo:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    It gives me something to look forward to. I have noticed some users look down on us non fifty posters. I don't appreciate it even if I may be looking for a good deal on ammo and supplies and can only email after 15 posts. I also read the posts to get more information about new things to try or just news of the world. A great site seems there are some stuck up users but hey that's life. Glad there are some supporters willing to help out with newbies.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    It gives me something to look forward to. I have noticed some users look down on us non fifty posters. I don't appreciate it even if I may be looking for a good deal on ammo and supplies and can only email after 15 posts. I also read the posts to get more information about new things to try or just news of the world. A great site seems there are some stuck up users but hey that's life. Glad there are some supporters willing to help out with newbies.

You are right. When you get right down to it: we are just a group of humans. And we share some of the same demographics, problems, issues as other groups of humans. I ask myself: so what?? I'm not here to change things; I'm here to learn and enjoy a hobby. And from that standpoint, INGO is a great asset. :ingo: But I prolly won't count on them for marriage counseling advice.... :twocents:

Welcome,and I mean that...Welcome.... and I hope you enjoy and learn from this fabulous site. :yesway: If I can ever help, PLEASE let me know. I enjoy helping. :)

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I'm here for the drama :popcorn: So many people to moan and complain and yet so little time to read the posts.

It only took me a week to get to 50 posts. It's easy. Just press those little keys into a coherent statement and press "post"! Incoherent statements often work good too.

Oh and just and FYI, to show my support for forums i'm shooting for a million posts. I did the math and at my current rate it will only take me 456 years. Wish me luck. :rockwoot:

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    I would like to petition for 10 brownie post points :D due to the quality of all my post to date <purple> It is taking me longer than I thought to get to 50, I am in sponge mode right now just soaking up all this good info <not purple>. Still betting I get to 50 before I get my LTCH.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I would like to petition for 10 brownie post points :D due to the quality of all my post to date <purple> It is taking me longer than I thought to get to 50, I am in sponge mode right now just soaking up all this good info <not purple>. Still betting I get to 50 before I get my LTCH.

Your posts have been reviewed, and your request will be considered. You should receive an answer in six to eight weeks!:D

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    OMG!! I joined another forum and you can not even VIEW the classified until you reach their majic number (25). Plus I seen no option for sight supporter to get in early. This has me puzzled because of all the whiners that state no other site has a minimum post requirement. Maybe that is the answer, out of sight out of mind. If you can't see the classified until 50 post maybe there will be less griping about a missed gun!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom