I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There are so many topics discussed on Ingo that it's easy to get your 50 posts quickly just by participating in conversations that interest you.

Heck, here you don't even have to be right to be able to speak your mind. After a few posts you will probably find posting to be fun and forget about even needing 50 posts.

well, accept it seems like there are several areas I can't post in. Last night I tried to welcome a newcomer and it said I didn't have enough posts to do that. It is going to be tough to get to 50 if I only have access to some of the threads. Plus I had someone send me a PM and when I tried to reply, I was also denied. I will be patient....:n00b:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    well, accept it seems like there are several areas I can't post in. Last night I tried to welcome a newcomer and it said I didn't have enough posts to do that. It is going to be tough to get to 50 if I only have access to some of the threads. Plus I had someone send me a PM and when I tried to reply, I was also denied. I will be patient....:n00b:

There is only one place in which you cannot post and that is the Classifieds. You cannot "welcome" other members in the Introductions and Greetings forum, but you can create (and post in) your own Intro thread.

If you are a new member yourself, why would you be welcoming a new member?

The ability to welcome new members was so heavily abused by people racing to 50 posts that we had to restrict it. It was used as a quick and dirty way to run up their post count.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ....You cannot "welcome" other members in the Introductions and Greetings forum, but you can create (and post in) your own Intro thread.....

When I thanked everyone for the warm welcomes in my own intro thread, it was deleted.

I guess that someone thought that I was heavily abusing that one post to run up my count.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So rants and tirades against the 50 post rule now have to be based upon fact? That would eliminate about 700 posts from this thread.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    When I thanked everyone for the warm welcomes in my own intro thread, it was deleted.

I guess that someone thought that I was heavily abusing that one post to run up my count.

I just looked through your posts and there were no posts removed that came from a welcome thread.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I just looked through your posts and there were no posts removed that came from a welcome thread.

I don't have evidence to prove differently, but I can categorically state that I placed a thank you within the thread, and that it wasn't present a few hours later.

Interestingly enough, a few other of my posts in the same thread disappeared at the same time.

Its not worth arguing about at this juncture.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I don't have evidence to prove differently, but I can categorically state that I placed a thank you within the thread, and that it wasn't present a few hours later.

Interestingly enough, a few other of my posts in the same thread disappeared at the same time.

Quitter, you gotta fight for those 3 posts man. Think of the children.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Now this thread is the "I'm not new here and the 50 post rule is irrelevant to me now but I'm still gonna complain about when I WAS new and the 50 post rule sucked" thread?

Man, you don't check in on a thread for a day or so and the whole universe gets jacked up!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

PdaiwZj8QDSRwPdZklLIhjl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVaiQDB_Rd1H6kmuBWtceBJ

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Soo... We're having this conversation because....

Jimmy0315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Kokomo
    Im not complaining iv been a member for a year and half now and still I only have 16 post. Mostly bc I just don't reply I just read. Bc everything I have to ask has already been asked and I just read it. Lol look post 17. That's like one a month.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Im not complaining iv been a member for a year and half now and still I only have 16 post. Mostly bc I just don't reply I just read. Bc everything I have to ask has already been asked and I just read it. Lol look post 17. That's like one a month.

Just start a 1911's/Glocks/ARs/AKs suck thread and you'll have your 50 in no time :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom