I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There is only one place in which you cannot post and that is the Classifieds. You cannot "welcome" other members in the Introductions and Greetings forum, but you can create (and post in) your own Intro thread.

If you are a new member yourself, why would you be welcoming a new member?

The ability to welcome new members was so heavily abused by people racing to 50 posts that we had to restrict it. It was used as a quick and dirty way to run up their post count.

Mostly, because i'm a personable guy and I like to be social on social websites. Most everyone likes being welcomed! But I can see the reasoning behind the restriction. No worries. I'll either build relationships and contribute or I'll move on in peace.:)

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mostly, because i'm a personable guy and I like to be social on social websites. Most everyone likes being welcomed! But I can see the reasoning behind the restriction. No worries. I'll either build relationships and contribute or I'll move on in peace.:)

Stick around. You'll learn a bunch and I'm sure you have information to share that will benefit us all.;)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    AM I THERE YET ?
    AM I THERE YET ?
    AM I THERE YET ?
    AM I THERE YET ?
    AM I THERE YET ?
    Took you long enough. You've been at it since 2009. I think it's safe to say that you did'nt join just for the classifieds. :laugh:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

working hard on mine

My advice is to refrain from worrying about it, find a topic you like, fall into the conversation, and it will take care of itself as opposed to trying to crank out the mandatory 50. Faster, easier, and less frustrating. Further, you will be far less likely to get any posts deleted, as opposed to one individual who recently posted like 30 times "Hmmmmm" as a complete post. Needless to say, the mods said "Hmmmm" as they deleted a bunch of his posts. The Quakers had a pearly of wisdom that you should not speak unless you can improve upon silence. That really applies here, and if you find something that is interesting to you and chime in, it is pretty easy to get your 50 meaningful posts is a relatively short time.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Now this thread is the "I'm not new here and the 50 post rule is irrelevant to me now but I'm still gonna complain about when I WAS new and the 50 post rule sucked" thread?

Man, you don't check in on a thread for a day or so and the whole universe gets jacked up!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Here let me put another spin on it for you. :popcorn:

When I joined there were no Classifieds here at INGO...

or

I can remember when there was no post limit to use the Classifieds...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    ^^^No wonder why you have over 12,000 posts Jeremy! :)::)
    just trying to make it to my 50 "Quality" posts so I can use the Classifieds. I figure I'll bombard them with Volume so Maybe some will get through the fray and be counted as Quality posts.... :D

I have got my sights set on this nickel plated, gold inlayed, fully illuminated .45 hi-point... :popcorn:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    just trying to make it to my 50 "Quality" posts so I can use the Classifieds. I figure I'll bombard them with Volume so Maybe some will get through the fray and be counted as Quality posts.... :D

I have got my sights set on this nickel plated, gold inlayed, fully illuminated .45 hi-point... :popcorn:

I WANT THAT ONE!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom