I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    **** the rules, the 50 post thing is stupid. It is a ponzi scheme to get people to spend $20.

WRONG-O!! A Ponzi scheme defrauds multiple investors because there is no way it could ever pay off the promised return on investment. $20 per year to be a Site Supporter allows one to avoid the 50 quality post rule and gets you a few other bennies. To review: Bernie Madoff: Ponzi scheme. Charles Ponzi: Ponzi scheme. INGO: Not a Ponzi scheme. If you have any questions please provide them in the form of a quality post. That would be a win-win.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I prefer a different direction....
    fonzie-scheme.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And this guy is our next "SHOOTER"

I have your Ponzi scheme big boy.

I got your Ponzi scheme, RIGHT HERE! Since INGO is a family-friendly site I'm thinking an "I got your Ponzi scheme, RIGHT HERE!" avatar would be highly inappropriate.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    This thread is one that I visit from time to time and generally try to
    keep quiet even though originally I disagreed with much that I read.
    While I must continue to think that the rule for 50 is what is signed
    off on and there is no other requirement to belong, I happened across
    one this evening that allows me to more fully understand the frustrations
    within this thread. The fella posted a very self centered response
    about range etiquette. I decided to use my newfound super secret
    detective powers and noticed that this member uses almost exclusively
    the classified section. Things are making more sense

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    This thread is one that I visit from time to time and generally try to
    keep quiet even though originally I disagreed with much that I read.
    While I must continue to think that the rule for 50 is what is signed
    off on and there is no other requirement to belong, I happened across
    one this evening that allows me to more fully understand the frustrations
    within this thread. The fella posted a very self centered response
    about range etiquette. I decided to use my newfound super secret
    detective powers and noticed that this member uses almost exclusively
    the classified section. Things are making more sense

Yep, there are lots of those. I'm not sure if you noticed, but the counts for regular posts and classified posts are different. Regular posts (anyplace besides the classifieds) are added up and show as your post count on the left & in your profile. Classified posts do NOT add to that. In order to see what those are you need to go to the members profile and look at the post areas and manually add them up.

You'll see there are quite a few members that have way more classified posts than any other activity, a personal pet peeve of mine. For example, there is a member that was mentioned either in this thread or the race to 50 thread a short time ago. He has 59 posts outside the classifieds but 927 posts inside the classifieds. He's been a member since 2009 and only this year became a site supporter, and that took some prodding to get that done. He's here for one thing only and doesn't care a damn about the general forum. Without the 50 post rules INGO would quickly become a version of Craigslist.

Just pointing it out because there are many people, including some long time members, that don't realize the classifieds don't count toward your total posts.

This thread and the race to 50 thread rub some people the wrong way. Once they look through it though a lot of them come to realize why it's here. The race to 50 threads are a very long read, but you can see quite a bit of what we're talking about if you go through them. One example is the guy that was confused about the rules and posted in there. Several (almost a dozen) people were online in that thread trying to help him and answer all his questions. He seemed to have a genuine interest in understanding the rules and learning about why things are the way they are. In reality he was buying time & trolling us while someone else in his house set up a shill account as a new user and started spamming hateful things and insulting us personally and the forum in general. I was part of that conversation, as was Chruchmouse and several of the other members you will see as regulars in the race to 50 thread. It pissed me off quite a bit because we were trying very hard to help someone out that seemed like they wanted to be a part of the forum. Instead it was a set up to make fun of us for their own entertainment. Ever since then I've stepped way back when it comes to things like that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just pointing it out because there are many people, including some long time members, that don't realize the classifieds don't count toward your total posts.
    Dang, you meam my post count would be 6 higher if they counted my two adds with two bumps each!

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    There are so many ways to increase one's count here it isn't that hard to get 50. Give it a day or two and you can get 50.
    I have read many posts by experienced users disliking the 50 minimum of classifieds. I think that INGO could benefit by increasing the minimum to 100.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom