I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I can understand the 50 post rule for the classifieds or even to PM someone, but to reply to someones PM to me, I can't even do that? How many posts do I need before I can reply to someones PM?

I don't intend for this to be a complaint as much as a question. ;)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    PMs have been used as a way to get around the 50-post rule. Just PM someone with an ad. Who cares if you have 50 posts or are a site supporter? That end-around was discovered and INGO raised the minimum posts for PMs as well. Sucks that you can't send legitimate semi-private messages to someone early on, but that is always the way. Those who break the rules ruin it for everyone else.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I can understand the 50 post rule for the classifieds or even to PM someone, but to reply to someones PM to me, I can't even do that? How many posts do I need before I can reply to someones PM?

I don't intend for this to be a complaint as much as a question. ;)

I could be wrong, but I believe it is 15 posts to PM...

Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I agree with the 50 post stuff... just seems you should be able to reply to someone who is legitimately PM'ing you. The software probably doesn't differentiate between a PM and a reply to a PM though. Oh well. I've got time. :)

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I agree with the 50 post stuff... just seems you should be able to reply to someone who is legitimately PM'ing you. The software probably doesn't differentiate between a PM and a reply to a PM though. Oh well. I've got time. :)

Good attitude! Just participate in some threads, share some knowledge and help others and you'll get there!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

I think some people like to PM noobs just because they can't PM back. To some it is a game. I had a fellow member do that to me when I first started. They were a little surprised when I was able to PM back.

I used to PM that member whenever I had questions to get even with them for picking on me. It was a nice arrangement for a few months.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    It takes some chutzpah to accept someone's invitiation to a party, then complain about the food and decor all night.

Folks, there's no divine right to be here. You agreed to the rules when you signed on.

There are plenty of other forums on the web, to which you are equally not entitled.

You host the party, you get to choose the menu. If you're not, a little gratitude might be in order.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom