Illegal to play live music in Indiana without a permit from IN Homeland Security

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Oh, I understand, I read the book where time travel allowed George Washington to be assassinated. I understand your point of view.

However, I am talking about the Constitution and the Rule of Law, not the Rule of Man.

Is that in one of those novels you're talking about? Not sure.

You clearly can't see the middle ground that exists between the nanny state that you love and the anarchy that so terrifies you. You think you're in that middle ground, but you're actually smack dab in the nanny state that is only going to keep growing (which I suspect you will enjoy, until it engulfs your gun rights).

The government should be in the business of managing damage and restitution. Not managing risk. It has never and will never be able to manage risk in a way that is effective or conducive to freedom.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is that in one of those novels you're talking about? Not sure.

You clearly can't see the middle ground that exists between the nanny state that you love and the anarchy that so terrifies you. You think you're in that middle ground, but you're actually smack dab in the nanny state that is only going to keep growing (which I suspect you will enjoy, until it engulfs your gun rights).

The government should be in the business of managing damage and restitution. Not managing risk. It has never and will never be able to manage risk in a way that is effective or conducive to freedom.

I think fire marshals should have to inspect all ammo caches to see if they present a fire/explosion hazard to their neighbors.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think fire marshals should have to inspect all ammo caches to see if they present a fire/explosion hazard to their neighbors.

Illegal under the rule of law.

As long as it is an ordinance. Fining people for ordinance violation is not tyranny.

It is still illegal under the rule of law.

How about from your side, the rule of man? Would this be illegal under the rule of man?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This is a replacement of the rule of law for the rule of man from the Right side of the spectrum.

However, I am talking about the Constitution and the Rule of Law, not the Rule of Man.

You want the rule of man; I want the rule of law. I understand, we all get it.

How about from your side, the rule of man? Would this be illegal under the rule of man?

Kirk, do you even know what "Rule of Man" means? Is someone in this thread advocating monarchy? Are we crowning a king? What are you talking about?

Rule of man is absence of rule of law. It is a society in which one person, or a group of persons, rules arbitrarily. The Sovereign exercises absolute authority and is not bound by any law, he as a person stands outside law.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Kirk, you're asking weird loaded questions and assigning labels to my argument that honestly don't make sense.

Why don't you ask your question in a way that makes sense.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The worst tyranny

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You think property ownership = "Rule of Man"?

Is that why you keep repeating that phrase out of context?

Who, exactly, is being ruled?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Reading this thread reminds me about places on earth that are referred to as "God's Country". The one thing that all those places have in common is an almost total absence of people. And there are other places that used to be referred to as "God's Country" way in the past but not anymore, and the big change is, you guessed it, now there are people there in numbers.

Maybe God would still have more of his country if only he'd added a few zoning rules to the 10 commandments; Thou shalt not bulldoze down all the trees. Thou shalt not dump thy waste into the water. Thou shalt not place profit above conservation. Thou shalt always practice sustainable forms of agriculture.

Left to ourselves, we do it to the earth, and we do it to each other.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Sometimes you guys talking about the virtues of absolute liberty reminds me of young teenage couples who say things like "As long as we love each other, that's all that matters".

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    When you're young: "Man, it's so bogus that my dad won't let my band practice in the garage. I'm so tired of living under his heinous tyranny."

When you're a little older: "Man, it's so bogus that their making me pay for a permit just so my band can play in this bar. Those dudes have no respect for freedom"

When your much older: "Man, if those kids next door don't turn down that @%#&^% music, I'm calling the cops"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If the Utopians just wanted to sit in their bedrooms in the father's house, wear their leather jackets and ***** about "the man" while painting their fingernails black and listening to Depche Mode, then I don't have a any problem.

But they deliberately distort the rule of law and the history of property law into some L. Neil Smith fantasy, then they will be corrected.

Top Bottom