• Status
    Not open for further replies.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    one is always responsible for their behavior, and predisposition, even genetic, does not justify behavior. Behavior is either immoral or not.

Absolutely true.

How we deal with young ones who are victims of "The Fall" in this arena (as we all are in some way), that's the complicated part.

Why not the same way we deal with everybody else in the fallen world? Hopefully not with scorn and derision.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I think the Girl Scouts have changed the recipe on their newest cookies. They too have had a decline in quality control

I would go with more on the amount of cookies you receive,,
    The tubes of cookies are shorter and the boxes are definitely much smaller.
    Its like somebody did surgery on them. :dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I was sitting next to an older guy in a bar a few days back, and we overheard a girl talking about her girlfriend. He had been playing pull tabs, but when he heard that his head lifted, and he gave the girl one of those "up and down looks" (she didn't notice). He then goes back to playing pull tabs, but comments to me "20 years ago that would've bothered me, now I guess it is what it is." I had a good chuckle.

Old people.:yesway:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Way back in the day, when I was a boy scout, there was one camp on a sizable lake (think thousands of acres), that had a girl scout camp located on the opposite side of the lake.

Of course, boys being boys, we would cogitate on ways to get to clandestinely get to the OTHER side of the lake for nefarious purposes.

Sounds like that problem has now been solved.

Strange thing is, I'm not sure whether this should be purple or not!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Somehow I doubt that the girls in any Girl Scout Troop would be that bothered if one of their male classmates wanted to join with them.

If the parents didn't make a big deal about it, the kids usually handle those things pretty well if left to themselves.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Somehow I doubt that the girls in any Girl Scout Troop would be that bothered if one of their male classmates wanted to join with them.

If the parents didn't make a big deal about it, the kids usually handle those things pretty well if left to themselves.
    These transgender kids are not "boys" in the traditional sense. They dress as girls, look like girls, act like girls and are, (when around good people) treated as girls. The same goes for trans kids who ID as boys. If some random INGO'er passed one of these kids in the street they would never know what plumbing they currently have. Hell, this isn't even "new" news. The GSUSA has had policy in effect for years that deal with transgendered children and their acceptance of them. I've been active with my daughters troop for many years and it's never come up, but if it did I can be pretty sure our girls would be very welcoming to their new scout. Here's what the GSUSA has to say about it.

Q: What is Girl Scouts' position on serving transgender youth?
    A: Girl Scouts is proud to be the premiere leadership organization for girls in the country. Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority. That said, if the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.
    Q: How does Girl Scouts' position on serving transgender youth apply to situations involving camping or volunteers?
    A: These situations are rare and are considered individually with the best interests of all families in mind. Should any girl requiring special accommodations wish to camp, GSUSA recommends that the local council makes similar accommodation that schools across the country follow in regard to changing, sleeping arrangements, and other travel-related activities. With respect to volunteers, Girl Scouts welcomes both male and female adult volunteers and has developed appropriate safeguards regarding roles and responsibilities to ensure that girls receive the proper supervision and support.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If left to themselves, kids will do whatever strikes their fancy at any given moment. That doesn't make it wise.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe a little reading about one family's journey with their transgendered child might open a few eyes.

Part 1: Transgender in Cincinnati

The most audacious thing about that story is that so many people in this thread would demand that everyone be legally required to treat that child as a boy, because that is what they want to do to her.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    11146186_744536552311602_2003825087787005675_n_zpsp8tzzrmt.jpg

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...

Yep... they call it pregnancy. :wwub:

Really though, if they let boys in the club, do they have to change the name?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Originally Posted by edporch Unless an individual is born with some type of physical ambiguity, they are what their "plumbing" says they are.
    If they suffer from the DELUSION that they're the opposite gender, they need help in the same way that all other types of delusions are dealt with, not the rest of us making believe with them that their delusion is reality.
    This world has lost it's mind! :):

I agree with you.

Indiana State has a woman who identifies as a man... For the most part I am totally against this kind of thing but the situations become very delicate when there are issues such as what we are talking about. But in those few cases why can't they be handled as they go? There really are few. I went and listened to this speaker at Indiana State was is indeed a professor, and while I realize from time to time this is a true problem. You can't go about changing when you are clearly one gender. But that part is my opinion I suppose.

Sure, in a free society a woman should be free to put on men's clothes, or a man can wear women's clothes.
    They need to be sure they're ready to suffer the consequences for that choice though.

But if she tries to have her records changed to say she's male, that's fraud.
    And she should always use facilities that match her plumbing, NOT her delusion, same thing goes for a man.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The most audacious thing about that story is that so many people in this thread would demand that everyone be legally required to treat that child as a boy, because that is what they want to do to her.
    The most audacious thing about that story is that so many people in this thread would demand that everyone be legally required to treat that child as a boy, because that is what they want to do to him.
    FIFY
    Case in point. Thank you, CP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom