• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    gregkl, I too have done a fair amount of moving around. Born in PA, moved to NJ, then NY (not the city) then up near Chicago and down to Champaign Urbana IL plus Africa and Peru whilst I was a Peace Corps Volunteer. I would say my favorite of these was the Champaign Urbana area barring IL gun laws.

I moved to IN about 9 years ago because of the cost of living plus at the time had to return to IL for paid healthcare insurance. Recently m healthcare insurance became more portable (not due to the Obamacare fiasco) but had it done so right after aI was hur in a work accident coausing me to be unable to work I would have moved to the Dakotas instead. I have been there a few times for Bike Week plus I do have a fried up there with some land I have visited in ND I loved the place and have wanted to live there since the first time I went there. Beautiful landscape and perfect (for me) weather. I can only hope to live there sometime. :(

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have a permanent live-in house-guest from Pennsylvania for the last two years. She calls Indiana, "The nothern-most southern state".

One of my customers is from Alabama and I was teasing him about it one day and he said, "I won't take that crap from a Hoosier...You do know that Indiana is the Mississippi of the Midwest don't you?"

I never heard it put quite so eloquently .....

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Tennessee is nice, but you can cross over from Gatlinburg to NC, and there were some absolutely captivating places outside Cherokee, to the northwest. I would move there, no problem, and I'm not one to move.

This.

My great grandmother is 100 percent Cherokee. I love going down to this area as I have distant family there. We camped for 12 days down there this past summer, absolutely beautiful area.

On the short list the Greensboro NC area and the west coast of Florida.

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    Up rooting my wife will never happen , to much family here in NW Indiana . To me the hills of south west Indiana are a different state , I would be happy with that ,if I could get her to move . Other then that eastern Tenn. or western N. C. would be my place to live. Love it around there.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Many don't realize that many of the larger cities in Tennessee are crime ridden. You get around Memphis, Jackson, and even Nashville, it's little different than being in any big city you hear about in the news all the time. I wouldn't want to live around any of the touristy areas like Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/etc. either...too many yankees.

I lived in Jackson from 2009-2013. Definitely was going in a downward trend when it came to safety. Memphis is beginning to have a lot of influence on Jackson, in a bad way.

SE TN though, would be prime spot to completely uproot to. Lower cost of living and not state income tax. :)

I could see my wife and I (we're only 28) eventually buying a winter home in the panhandle or southern Alabama. I doubt we would ever completely uproot from our future build site.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I love the big hills of NE Georgia. SE Missouri is nice too. I'd have to review the gun laws, because I think Indiana will be hard to beat.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Like...*out* of Indiana?
    Yeah, that's not happening.
    Never ever ever.
    It'd take more than a whole lot of C4 to get my butt out of the Hoosier state.
    And that's not *just* because my butt's big.
    Gack
    Have either of you ever lived there? I don't mean "visited as tourists"...I mean LIVED there for any length of time.
    *shudder*

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Like...*out* of Indiana?
    Yeah, that's not happening.
    Never ever ever.
    It'd take more than a whole lot of C4 to get my butt out of the Hoosier state.
    And that's not *just* because my butt's big.

Gack
    Have either of you ever lived there? I don't mean "visited as tourists"...I mean LIVED there for any length of time.
    *shudder*

Wouldn't want to live in Florida. I want to stay north of the Palmetto bugs and gators.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Had a couple of aunts and uncles and whatnot that retired to FL, Boca Raton, places like that. It was captivating to visit, but it was 1978 and it [bad word] snowed while we were there, so it was kind of a buzzkill. Made appreciating the beach kinda difficult. It was funny, though, my mom was ridiculing me for wanting to take my winter coat to FL, but we had a heck of a time getting back through the [bad word] blizzard, and she was wishing she had hers.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom