• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Don't LEOs get baton training any more? A couple officers with batons could have settled him down quicker than that.

And lay out half a dozen people around them accidentally. Now, THAT would make some interesting headlines LOL.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    i was there about 11am and heading out the door when danny announced that they had another gun come up missin , as he was doing that , another gentleman called him over to his table and showed him he had an empty box as well ...crazy ass people

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And lay out half a dozen people around them accidentally. Now, THAT would make some interesting headlines LOL.

Ah come on, we gun guys would happily endure one or two accidental nightsticks to get to watch this guy get the holy crap beat out of him :rockwoot:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Good AAR :D Is this the same 6-4 dude who sets up at the 1500. From Martinsville?

Yes same guy. Also they are waiting to get a warrant to search his vehicle for more stolen items since he made several trips in and out of the show.
    I am so glad he was caught too many times at Kokomo guns have been stolen.

1LuvGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Anderson, IN
    I was there too, watching from an aisle away. The LEO's kept telling him to stop resisting, he wouldn't, so they did what they had to do to cuff him! Once he was cuffed, there was a big round of applause from the crowd for their hard work... Job well done!!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Turns out that he was from Kokomo, he was just carrying 2 New Jersey IDs. He had his Freightliner semi behind the building, they were just starting to empty the cab when we left at 5. Looks like they got their warrant!

Danny mentioned that he's seen the guy at several other gun shows, it'll be interesting to see what's in the back of the truck.

+1 for the spectacular ass whoopin' today! I had a front row view!!

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    Expat, you've got the funniest avatar! On a side note, "stoping resisting" was explained to me as a CYA statement that one would use during the heat of battle. It seemed to have worked as intended, because everyone present clearly remembers the officer giving the order. So when the scum's defense lawyer asks why there was excessive force used, the officer can say that he gave clear repeated verbal commands for the scum...er, suspect to stop resisting, but the suspect failed to and appropriate measured response was exacted. Really though...why why why would you steal from a gun store/show??? It's got to be a death wish!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I would think that stealing from a place where you KNOW everyone is armed is possibly the stupidest thing ever. I'm surprised the police even had to be called!

But good job capturing the guy!

the police were called so that no more damage occured to the BG in question, lol. They weren't called to arrest him, but to protect him!

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    so do the dealers at the kokomo show not lock up their guns like the Indy 1500? i'm pretty sure at the 1500 most dealers have wire ran through the trigger guards, etc... ?

Unit308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I know of at least one Department that frowns upon the use of batons by their officers. It is a "liability" thing, the Brass said.
    The use of TASERs to subdue this thief was warranted, I would say.
    And if he bonds out? Don't look for him to make his date in Court.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    so do the dealers at the kokomo show not lock up their guns like the Indy 1500? i'm pretty sure at the 1500 most dealers have wire ran through the trigger guards, etc... ?

Most promoters require a tie down or cable system to secure the firearms...however this promoter only requires the zip tie through the chamber, around the trigger/hammmer...ect.

Top Bottom