If you enjoy shooting guns, you're dangerous. That's a fact.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    So, I'm bored.

I had this really fun conversation with someone on facebook, and I wanted to share:

-big picture of facebook back and forth-

She of course proceeded to delete all of her comments.

What have we learned, boys and girls? Once you've put it out there, it's out there!

I'm the one in the yellow shirt btw.

Should have submitted it to lamebook.com, which is always more interesting that facebook. Also, she's right. You are dangerous. You can form thoughts on your own and use reason. People who can do that are scary.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Face book is for drama queens and crybabies. I refuse to be a part of it. Everyone does not need to know that "Jimmy bout a coke at the gas station on Tuesday and didn't drink it all." Face book was created for the creator to make money from INTERNET participation. Face book and my space were probably created for Big Bro to keep track and keep record of everyone you know, everything you do, and your personality. Keep it to yourselves Americans. Pay more attention of the things that are important in life and not the BS.

Who's with me!

I would answer this, but if I did, I would be participating and Unk Sam would put out a hit on me:ar15:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Face book is for drama queens and crybabies. I refuse to be a part of it. Everyone does not need to know that "Jimmy bout a coke at the gas station on Tuesday and didn't drink it all." Face book was created for the creator to make money from INTERNET participation. Face book and my space were probably created for Big Bro to keep track and keep record of everyone you know, everything you do, and your personality. Keep it to yourselves Americans. Pay more attention of the things that are important in life and not the BS.

Who's with me!

Unlike web forums. There're no crybabies or drama queens on web forums. Especially INGO. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm sure there are some "I got a ticket" or "dog shoot" threads I haven't read yet.

Last edited:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

Who's with me!

Wow, I'm glad you set me straight. And here I thought it was a great thing that distant family members were sharing pictures with me -- pictures I would not otherwise have seen (even some cool photos of my uncles in WWII). Now I know that my cousins in faraway states are just being drama queens.

And I know that the elementary school friend from 30 years ago (whom I reconnected with a few months ago) was just being a crybaby when he notified me via Facebook that nearly died from a GI infection.

And thanks for pointing out that those evil developers who created it want to make money. I wouldn't have guessed that.

As a result of this epiphany (resulting from info gleaned from a web forum) I'll be sure to shut down my Facebook account.

Last edited:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    My question is how do you copy the facebook posts like that?

I used the "print screen" key on the keyboard, and ctrl-v to paste into Microsoft Paint.

Who's with me!

Heh - and here I thought I was using it to keep up with family and friends.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    She's probably just expressing what she has been taught by studying TV every night. There, she only sees bad guys with guns and cops with guns. If you are not a cop, then her small mind can only think of you as a bad guy. In her mind, if good guys had guns then there would be a show about it. No show = not possible.

Unfortunately, a lot of folks get their view of the world via TV and are not capable of thinking issues through independently. If Oprah says something, it must be true. Hillary says guns are bad, so guns must be bad. There really are a clueless bunch of morons wandering among us.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    That chick isn't even worth debating with, heh.

What really gets me is the guy saying "stupid liberal agenda"....not all "liberals" are anti-gun, just like not all "conservatives" are pro-gun. People are people, and everyone is different. Yes, I realize the majority of anti-gun legislature are the work of liberal democrats (or so I think). Most of you would probably label me a liberal, but I love firearms. I was raised and live in a rural area so guns are simply second nature to me.

I frankly don't label myself as either, as neither major political platform in our country really agrees with all of my beliefs. I subscribe more to the "people should form their own opinions, and extremism of almost any sort is bad". Unfortunately compromise and tolerance only go far before people start trying to take advantage. Yay greed!

I really dislike blind labeling and generalizing in regards to political belief. It is sensationalism, and it is pathetic.

"Live and let live"

2500ekW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    This actually reminds me of when I first started buying guns... I had been around guns my whole life, but never owned any. My wife had never been around guns. To her, guns were simply dangerous weapons for killing things. She had no idea that people used guns for recreational target shooting, etc.

She now understands how much enjoyment I get from going to the range on Saturdays to shoot at paper targets, and now guns are about as scary to her as a basketball.

Top Bottom